PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Mangini

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Mangini. I think he has actively disrespected BB via the Branch episode and other underhanded behind-the-scenes dealing with our coaches and players that are sketchy but troubling. He also seems kind of full of himself. I wish him the worst (football-wise). I believe BB's supposed antipathy toward him is probably well founded but something we'll never know the details of.

This and the insufferable media and their "Mangenius" garbage make me sick.

You all are a bunch of dolts. If you think Mangini is a snake, do you know where he learned it? From your schmuck head coach.. You know, the thieving scumbag who stole from a dying man and bolted to a hated rival up North. Oh yeah, it happened. And Mangini leaving pales in comparison.

I hate mangini, because i always hated the jets. Anyone that becomes a Jet is an enemy to me. Im a pats fan from LongIsland and got the pats games there when i was a kid and been a fan since. I lived around Jets fans for a long time before i moved here to Vermont 3 years ago. Believe me you would hate the Jets and anyone that becomes one, if you been through what i been through. Anti-Jets. Go pats lets make Mangini cry!!!!!!!!!!!

You all are a bunch of dolts. If you think Mangini is a snake, do you know where he learned it? From your schmuck head coach.. You know, the thieving scumbag who stole from a dying man and bolted to a hated rival up North. Oh yeah, it happened. And Mangini leaving pales in comparison.

You mean when that "dying owner" allowed his HC Parcells to utterly insult one of the greatest Defensive minds in the history of the game by installing him as Coach for one year while Parcells stayed on as a "consultant"?

What a farce. If I were BB, I would have told the Jets and Parcells to f*ck off, too.

If you truly believe that BB should have hung in with that nonsense you have no pride.

Last edited:
I think Mangini Was being mentored by Belichick to to take over here in NE when bill decided to call it quits. In doing so I think that Belichick was showing Mangini the inside ropes or his own personal trade secrets so to speak. Mangini was being loyal to Belichick turning down offers to be defensive coordinator jobs until this jets job came up. There is no way Mangini would be this well schooled from being a ball boy then a "D" backs coach and 1 yr at DC with out Belichick giving him some special personal tutoring. Mangini taking the job with the jets was like a traitor giving away top secret defense plans or being a mob snitch or your best friend doing your girlfriend. Anyway thats my opinion as to why Belichick is so pissed off at the fat one.

IF Mangini messed with the Branch move, he is a prick who deserves his comeuppance. What goes around sooner or later comes back.

I think Mangini Was being mentored by Belichick to to take over here in NE when bill decided to call it quits.QUOTE]

Agreed,and who's to say that still couldn't happen,eventually.

I think that Mangini has done well as HC of the NY Jets.
The Puffin was being groomed as BB's successor and jumped ship early. A forgivable offense but going to a hated rival made it a bitter pill.

What really frosts me about the guy was his attempt to debilitate the Patriots by screwing around with phoney trade offers for He-Who-Is-Dead-To-Me. Nice way to pay back the guy who gave you every break in your career.

Last edited:
I really dont see that Mangini was being groomed as a successor.

If you buy that then you have to believe BB wants to leave in the next 3 years. I think he likes the game and the challenge too much to leave or plan on leaving.

He had to know if Mangini was his DC for 4 years and we win 2-3 SBs that SOMEONE is going to offer him a HC job.

I think he just didn't want him to go inside the division and above all he still holds a grudge against the jester organization and didn't want a guy he looked at as a younger version of himself to go to that particular organization.

Mangini doesn't have bad history with jets BB does so it didn't color his judgement.

I don't think anything he has done (except for Branch possible tampering thing) is wrong; its just piszing you off every time you turn around and he steals somebody off the shadow roster (poteat), he competes for the same 3-4 type players in draft lottery or he does a better game scheme against Pats than BB does against him and jesters.

I think we may never know the real reason for the bad blood, but it was common knowledge that BB was grooming Mangini to be fast tracked up the coaching ladder.

Whether BB was unhappy that Eric decided to leave after just one year as DC, whether it was because he (reportedly) tried to take some of BB's staff with him, whether it was because L'Affaire De Twig, or whether it was something else entirely, we'll probably never know.

But of this I am sure: BB has his reasons. He had treated Mangini almost like another son throughout his coaching career, and he would not suddenly start disliking him without a good reason.

Or maybe 11-5, or 10-6....

I think the end result froim the Branch fiascoi is that we will be much, much better at the Wr position.

Childress, IMO, is a strange situation. He has proven he can catch the ball, find the open seams, and can run like hell when he gets it.

I dont understand his elevator status... you know...UP AND DOWN :D

Funny how things turn out, when you expect the sky to fall and it doesn't!! (Lest we forget the Lawyer, the Ty-ster, Patten, Givens, and now, the Twig)

As for Bam, he obviously is not the most imposing physical presence you'll ever see on an NFL field (or even at the college level, with his what... 5' 6" frame), but I love this guy's character. He loves the game, clearly. Will do what it takes to stick it out for just a *chance* to play ... he could be the next Troy Brown. I hope so. Plus, he signed my son's hat when he didn't have to. Class guy in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back