Welcome to PatsFans.com

Eric Berry

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by STUB STUB, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STUB STUB

STUB STUB Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This guy could be the answer for our pass defense [see: Wayne, Holmes, Marshall].

Would you trade Matt Light + picks for the #4 pick?
  2. BillBelichickFan79

BillBelichickFan79 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's an outstanding player, but why would we sell the farm to move up and A) take a player at a position of relatively low need with 2 high picks spent on safties in the last 3 years (Meriweather and Chung), B) pay ridiculous money to a guy who hasn't even played a down in the NFL, and C) give up valuable picks in the 2nd round with such a deep draft? It just doesn't make sense especially for Berry. The only guy that I could even see it happening for is Suh, but the chance of even that happening is basically zero.
  3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +895 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Safety is the most set position on the defense. I don't see any reason to use a first round pick on it. Berry is an excellent safety but we have other needs of far more importance to fill.
  4. 20HindSight20

20HindSight20 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Berry is my favorite player in this draft. That said, there's no way we trade up for him due to reasons already mentioned. I could see it if he somehow were to slip to Jacksonville at 10, provided it's true they're looking to trade down, but not besides that.

I don't think it'd cost that much more to trade up to 2 rather than 4 and Suh fills a bigger need. Not that I think that's going to happen either, but it's more likely.
  5. 20HindSight20

20HindSight20 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry, I lost sight of what the OP was really asking: Not the likelihood but whether or not we ourselves would do it.

I wouldn't, not because of anything to do with Berry but because we have a lot of pressing needs on the club to address. Safety isn't one of them.
  6. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I don't know why Washington would make that trade, but yes, I'd do it, depending on what the picks involved were. And once I had the #4 pick, I'd flip it to Detroit (who really wants Okung) for the #2 pick and get Suh.

This defense needs a lot of things. Eric Berry really isn't one of them.
  7. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

the #4 pick last year. Aaron Curry, got a 6 year 60 million doller deal, 10 million a year for a rookie is way to much.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.