Welcome to PatsFans.com

EPA expected to act in regulating carbon dioxide

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ljuneau, Feb 19, 2009.

1. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

EPA expected to act in regulating carbon dioxide

The days of prosperity are over. How many more business will go under? How many more people will lose their jobs? Over the biggest scam and lie ever perpetrated on the world.

2. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,712 / 12 / -15

#75 Jersey

Umm......WHAT "days of prosperity"?

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

The fumes that drift up here from Cuba, Mexico and all the Third World Sh!t Holes is what these loony bastards should really be going after.

Tipper Gore will be letting that friggin Boob she's married to out soon, they keep him in the house all winter they don't want him to see Snow, as soon as he's turned loose he will be spitting and bellowing about GW Bush's lawnmower destroying the planet.

The Ding Dong Liberals worst enemy is Mother Nature, mother nature heats things up and the Liberals blame Reagan/Bush/Torture/Wiretapping/Pick Up Trucks.

GOD DAMN AMERICA (uncle jeremiah)
    GOD HELP AMERICA (harry boy)

AUNT ZUCCHINI SMOKES, SHE SELLS HER FOOD STAMPS AND BUYS TOBACCO, SHE CHEWS TOBACCO TOO.

Al Boob Gore Building A Global Warming Shelter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:bricks:

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

However good or bad the economy will be over the next decade, this will take a big out of it. Great will become good, good will become average, average will become bad and bad will become very bad.

This crap will be like a tax that just takes a percentage of the GDP and, literally, tosses it into the air.

5. ljuneau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The only thing I disagree with you is that it doesn't "toss it in the air", rather it will flush GDP right down the toilet. A green eco-friendly toilet.

6. Synovia

Synovia In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'd rather have it tossed into the air than tossed into Iraq. Atleast it cleans up some of the smog in major cities.

7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

How about neither ? We don't HAVE to spend money.

8. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +226 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

Thats why you drive a 10 year old car,even though you could easily afford a new one being a computer programer for the Navy? :D

To be fair i knew some people (dead now) that were worth 50-60 million. They drove a 10-12 year old mustang around,their son an old used VW with a couple of hub caps missing.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

I'm not getting rich doing that, believe me - but, yeah, we don't HAVE to spend money. When I canceled a phone line at home to save $30 a month I didn't tell my wife to find another way to spend it - it is just one less bill now. Same concept :)

10. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This is plumb idiotic - and I'm sorry for being harsh but this is really beyond stupid. Think of all the new businesses that can be created researching and selling new technology. Ever heard of the internet?

11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

A lot of "technology" in reducing carbon emissions has already been created, it just needs to be shoved down our throats - like the extra regulations we already have in CA that makes our gas more than yours. A real energy research project that produced something good at the end would be nice but what we'll likely get is more of what we already have which won't create jobs but will take money out of the economy.

12. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I grew up in LA and remember the smog and how it improved. Those regulations worked and improved the public health. If that's what you call "shoving things down our throats". And even where new technology exists 1) you sell more of it which is good for business and 2) competition in a more profitable space should bring about more technological improvements.

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

It will be done to a ridiculous level. There is no reason for me to pay extra for "super low carbon" gas when I live in the desert where smog is as rare as rain. The same goes for much of the country. The EPA, nor any other federal agency, should not be dictating this crap, individual states have a better chance to do what, if anything, is needed for them even though they may still overdo it like CA does.

14. ljuneau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You're comparing apples and elephants. Why was the internet so successful in creating jobs and opportunities. Simple: DEMAND Coupled with the fact you could get so much for so little cost.

Cramming new technologies down the throat of the market is always a bad thing. Especially when the technology is not fully developed and is extremely expensive. At this point, there is not enough of a DEMAND to be lucrative. Once a new technology is reliable, in adequate supply and affordable, consumers will naturally demand it instead.

I really think this is all a red herring. The real reason for this expected regulation of carbon dioxide is control and money. Yes, they say it's in the name of "Global Warming" or "Climate Change", but it's a scam. Just a powerful way to control business and squeeze more money out of them and the market.

15. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yes it should. You're position is one of apoligism for energy companies who don't want to invest in clean energy. The benefits of reducing pollution overall aren't even arguable. Read Collapse, among the myriad other resources on the subject.

16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

I'm not interested in putting money into nothing - if you are, good for you I guess.

17. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's clearly not nothing except to the most dishonest stalwart.

18. ljuneau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Your statement is factually incorrect. Energy companies are investing in clean energy, billions of dollars of investment. What energy company would not want to be the first one to develop the best renewable alternative to oil and coal? I can't even comprehend how much money that would be worth. (time to break out my chemistry set in the basement)

19. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

CO2 has nothing to do with smog , CO2 ia what plants 'breathe' without CO2 no plant life...

don't feel bad you probably know as much about science as algore or obama.:rolleyes:

20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

So you're right because you say you are :rolleyes:

It's like when my water bill went up because Clinton's EPA decided we needed a lower arsenic count. What ? arsenic, he said. We'd been drinking it fine for decades, no-one died from it. But now we pay 20% more every month - for nothing.