Welcome to PatsFans.com

EPA Calls Carbon Emissions 'Danger to Health and Welfare'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Sure they do, it's just a power grab so they can make new mandates and regulations. Hold onto your wallets while the developing nations keep churning out more and more CO2.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

BF,

who ISN'T involved in this gigantic power grab? Ben and Jerry?

and how is announcing that CO2 traps heat, thus might hurt the environment part of a 'power grab'?

How is the EPA stating something that every 4 year old knows part of a master plan?

This reminds me a lot of the US auto industry and its comparason to these energy companies that rufuse to look ahead to the future and change. They keep holding on to this mentality that the only way to produce energy is to burn $#!T.

So you might be right when stating that other nations will be robbing us blind in the future, but not for the reasons you THINK.
  4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Because now they're going to start regulating everything that emits CO2 under the Clean Air Act.
  5. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Hmm, I emit CO2. In fact, most of us here emit it (some I wonder about lol). So, if I breath on my coworker can I be fined for improper ventilation of a greenhouse gas?

Strange days for surly the inmates are running the asylum.
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +228 / 8 / -13

CO@ is a trace gas that has very little effect on the climate, IT is however very beneficial to plant growth. Without CO2 there would be no photosynthesis and hence no life on this planet.

The real greenhouse gas is H2O of course selling water is a tough sell even to the gulliable on the left.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

Well, not only do I emit CO2 about a dozen times or so a minute, but I also spew methane every time I eat too much fiber. :eek:

The more things like this happen, the more seats the people who support this stuff are likely to lose in next years election. This is a power grab for sure. Think about the new powers this extends to the EPA, who'll be able to change regs to just about everything, without a sniff from congress. Nice!
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

There's a minimum amount but it's low. So they can't regulate you as a person ;) but they can regulate a ton of stuff around you.

The obamans will leave a wreckage behind them - and still be trying to blame Bush at the end.
  9. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

When collectively "we" rely on other bodies, entities or individuals to do for us, what we are unwilling to do for ourselves. "We", give up our rights. First it starts out as a trickle until it starts flowing, then before we all realize it we are all flooded under by the cruel hand of tyranny. These can be the cruelest of tyrants to fall prey to, for they have veiled themselves under good intentions....
  10. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Zactly.
    Business Fumes Over Carbon Dioxide Rule - WSJ.com
  11. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

People may not believe in "trickle down economics" in terms of the poor and middle class reaping benefits but it's a for sure truth in the poor and middle class having to pay more when costs from businesses have to trickle down.
  13. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Good thing that buying less crap we don't need from China is also good for the environment.

I for one am happy to pay extra for the little that I do need if it means we're not bending over Mother Nature and giving it to her in the 4ss.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

You can be happy all you want, "pay extra", happily or not, will cause lower GDP, lower standard of living, higher unemployment.
  15. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Wait, what happened to personal responsibility and its role in buying less crap? And, you know, lowering the trade deficit? We already don't save enough money as it is. I don't buy the dire predictions of damage to the economy, it sounds like a lot of corporate fear-mongering to me.

Carbon emissions ought to be regulated, and businesses ought to finally do their part in cleaning up the mess they've made of the environment.
  16. elway7

elway7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Crap is your word of the day huh?
  17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +228 / 8 / -13

Plants love CO2 no CO2 no life on earth...;)
  18. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And probably do very little for the environment. If we're going to collapse the economy over CO2 then let's at least be 150% SURE that CO2's causing the problem. 150% and nothing less will do. Sorry but there's enough scientific disagreement out there to cast plenty of doubt, enough doubt that even the most staunch supporters should be questioning the motives behind some of these mega-players involved.
  19. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm going to go ahead and assume you're joking, because otherwise it'd be "oh Jesus Christ you're thick." But just for the sake of completeness, I'll point out that too much CO2 and you've got rising sea levels, melting ice caps, threatened habitats, and destroyed ecosystems. Oh, you know, the possible extinction of 20-30% of animal species.
  20. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Oh brother. Show me a serious economist who says that this is even a remote chance.

We are. The greenhouse effect has been well understand for 200+ years, even by scientists like Fourier.

There's not really much serious scientific disagreement, but there is plenty of chaff.