Welcome to PatsFans.com

Entrapment? Topless Woman Lured Perverts in Police Sting

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +538 / 6 / -2

I'm sorry, but this really bothers me. How is this not entrapment? There is something inherently wrong with the police running stings like this, in this fashion. Instead of focusing on drug dealers, felons, gangs, and other assorted dangers to society, they prey on the average Joe who has no intention of committing a crime, until he is tricked into unknowingly doing so. Total BS. What a police state this country is becoming. :mad:

Topless Woman Lured Perverts in Police Sting

Firefighter Busted for Exposing Himself to Sunbather Appeals 'Entrapment' Conviction

[​IMG]
    Law enforcement officials say that sting operations like these are an extremely effective means of lowering crime rates and stopping the criminally minded before they commit worse offenses. Opponents call it entrapment.

(ABC News) By MARCUS BARAM
    Dec. 28, 2007

Share Robin Garrison, an off-duty 42-year-old firefighter, was walking in Berliner Park in Columbus, Ohio, in May when he saw a woman sunbathing topless under a tree.

He approached her and they started talking and getting comfortable, the woman smiling and resting her foot on his shoulder at one point. Eventually, she asked to see Garrison's penis; he unzipped his pants and complied.

Seconds later, undercover police officers pulled up in a van and arrested Garrison; he was later charged with public indecency, a misdemeanor, based on video footage taken by cops who were targeting men having sex or masturbating in the park. While topless sunbathing is legal in the city's parks, exposing more than that is against the law.

Other police departments across the country have dangled other temptations, from big-screen plasma TVs, Xbox 360 consoles and a shopping bag containing a cell phone and an iPod to catch people breaking the law. In New York City, nearly 300 people, many of whom had no criminal record, have been snared this year through the NYPD's Operation Lucky Bag, in which undercover officers leave a wallet, iPod or cell phone in a subway station and wait to see who picks it up.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4022717&page=1

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Boy I'm with you on this one RW I can't stand watching these f-cking women Cops that all high five each other after they trap some poor sap that probably can't get a women without paying for it.

Who the hell are they are hurting, it's the oldest profession in the world, buying a piece of a$s is a lot better than raping.

These women Cops are the ones who should go to jail, I usually back Cops but they lose my respect on this one and I also realize that they are ordered to do this sneaky trapping sh!t, there are probably many Cops that don't like it either.

I think the female Cops get a little "hot zing" doing it, the TV Program "Cops" does this quite a bit, I think it's disgusting.

If we can fight a war in Iraq why can't we clean the Smelly Filthy Gang Bangers out of California, right here in America :confused:

3. Real World

Ratings:
    +538 / 6 / -2

What's worse about this, is that there was no money being exchanged. The dude wasn't even paying for anything. He sees a woman bathing topless, she asks to see his johnson, and he gets arrested. Total BS. This really, really pisses me off. This country is so arse backwards it's ridiculous. We're doomed people. We need to get our priorities straight. government budgets of all kinds are bloated and in the red, and these people think that the $$ spent on this kind of stuff is what the public needs? We need more cops on the street for what? To entrap a guy with a topless chic that wants to boink for free? This country is so over.

4. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

" are an extremely effective means of lowering crime rates and stopping the criminally minded before they commit a worse offense", is totally bullsheit. Yea, that fireman was out looking to commit rape, no doubt. How about turning the tables on everyone associated with establishing that sting and seeing how they would re-act. A topless girl asks to see your penis and your the pervert, and that's lowering the crime rate. BRILLIANT!

5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Pretty sleazy. They know most of the guys will just want it to go away. So they what? Collect a quick fine and get to pad their arrest stats? I doubt very much they took a potential rapist off the street in that Fireman.

I'd accept it if it was about scaring them and sending them on their way with an official-looking written warning and of course no record, because I have faith in most cops' judgment. However the faith is kinda like Reagan's 'trust but verify,' bit with the Russians. Those guys wield too much power to not be carefully looked over.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Imagine being married to one of these Female Cops, your home baby sitting and she's out "playing hooker" while all the other Cops that are covering her are sitting in the car making dirty jokes about her.

It takes all kinds.

7. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Whats wrong with these people ?
    isn't illegal to entrap people ?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Nobody cares, if it were Muslim Terrorists carrying bombs that were Entrapped then that would be another story, the ACLU lawyers would all be setting their pony tails on fire.

:bricks:

9. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +288 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

He should have claimed he thought it was a fire, so he pulled out his hose....

This is pretty lame, I think that it wil get kicked on appeal.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +538 / 6 / -2

This practice is a joke. how much money did the poor fukcer have to pay for a lawyer for this BS? This really upsets me. :mad:

11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No doubt this is the poster-child for "entrapment". How can a half-naked woman asking to see a guy's privates NOT be considered a "trap play". Should get tossed. But, should also be a lesson for guys to KEEP IT IN THEIR PANTS!!

Remember Wilt's last words!!

//