PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enter Elandon Roberts: welcome to a new NE playmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree that denying the use of the term Oriental to describe Asian people is kinda splitting hairs but the reality is that it is fast becoming unacceptable as a descriptor for human beings especially in countries, like ours, that did not colonize Asia. I'm not exactly sure why.

I don't care what the PC police decree to be offensive or unacceptable.

I think the poster using the Word was referring to an idea, plan, or choice being offered by another poster as a stupid idea/plan, and not using it to denigrate a person, let alone a specific person. So in those immortal Donald Sutherland words. . . .

Lighten up Francis!

Sorry about the nitpick, but lighten up Francis is from the movie Stripes...

Donald Sutherland's quote is from Kelley's Heroes and is about the negative waves...

I think my last post was kind of convoluted in wording, so I'll make it more simple (and edgy, because that seems to be the only objective for some people here): You have the right to be an *******. I have the right to call you out for being an *******. If I'm not allowed to do that, isn't that censorship? :rolleyes: There is absolutely no logic, just the plugging of ears and screaming "I HATE SJWS I HATE SJWS I HATE SJWS!"

I don't care what the PC police decree to be offensive or unacceptable.

I don't either, but I might still avoid using some word to avoid the hassles, which seems to be a successful tactic for the PCers.

However, sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

I don't either, but I might still avoid using some word to avoid the hassles, which seems to be a successful tactic for the PCers.

I hear you, but I'm really not one to worry about avoiding hassles.

However, sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

Indeed. A simple saying, the meaning of which seems, unfortunately, to have been lost in the past 25 years or so.

You mean use the word ******ed? In the same context that it was used? Sure. Why not?

sigh.gif~c200

Donald Sutherland's quote is from Kelley's Heroes and is about the negative waves...

Two freakin classics!!!

Uh oh? Doooh! (Let that be an example young ones, dont drink and post.)

How does a thread about a 6th round draft pick who may be the steal of the draft and a future all pro player devolve into such off topic distractions?

Me, I'm all about the Pats, the Hoodie, the GOAT and (for this thread) the Pats best sixth round draft pick since 2000.

How does a thread about a 6th round draft pick who may be the steal of the draft and a future all pro player devolve into such off topic distractions?

Me, I'm all about the Pats, the Hoodie, the GOAT and (for this thread) the Pats best sixth round draft pick since 2000.

Because some rather make every thread about themselves.

Shut up honky!

You mean use the word ******ed? In the same context that it was used? Sure. Why not?

I presume that you have no children in school.

Yes, it is considered PC to not used words that offend others, usually intentionally. It is also consider civil. Some might not be offended by being called ******ed, or the n word or many other words that children use to demean others. It simply isn't acceptable to use words that offend, unless one simply wishes to be offensive.

I'm picturing Elandon finding this forum and looking at this thread title and being excited that it's 10 pages long. Then he starts reading it...

Well, he can certainly learn a thing or two for his increased media appearances ..

I believe his game vs Bell today will turn the focus in the right direction ..

I have to take some blame for the misdirection play on this thread. Sorry. Back to football.

My son and I were skyping the day before yesterday and he was asking me about Roberts. This thread worked out perfectly with all of the information, so I sent him some of the things I found here. The current Pats team is a very deep team and Roberts is a part of that.

I think the last time I heard a black man call a white man, "honky" I was watching "The Jeffersons" in 1982. :p

Nobody asked your opinion, cis-normal breeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back