PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enter Elandon Roberts: welcome to a new NE playmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I think this guy deserves his own thread.
This could be huge for Pats D short and long term.

With Shea McClellin (concussion) out, rookie linebacker Elandon Roberts had a nice day for himself, coming downhill hard and recording three run stuffs. He also had a hand in a pass breakup.

Lets add an almost interception, holding on him, he can stuff, he can rush. Most of all - he adds speed to this D and that's something that was visibly missing the last game.

He has a captain sort of character, loooks inteligent in reading the play since he's always around where the action is. And he looks like he has a hybrid versatility - usable from S to the line.

Lets hope he gets and uses opportunities in next games.

Today was definitely a statement - he wasn't just racking up cleanup tackles, he jumped off the screen as a guy who was making legit plays against the run and pass. Hopefully this is something he can build on.

I think excelling in space was more or less expected, the big question mark was whether a guy of his size could avoid being a liability against the run. That makes today's performance especially encouraging.

This is what Jerrod was supposed to do when healthy.

Let Collins and High do their thing and he does the sideline to sideline cleanup and make plays in the gaps

He looked really good. Much better than terrible Freeney and bust McClelin.
Much faster and quicker than Freeny.

Shea is an edge defender.

Yeah this guy looks really good, but he's been a sentimental favorite of mine since his 'gut it out' in the 4th preseason game performance.

Excited about this guy.i

Everybody remind me why so many posters labeled Roberts the "obvious easy cut" for when Brady & Nink returned? ;)

He's a fun player to watch, and an easy guy to root for. I'm loving this rookie class so far.

Yeah this guy looks really good, but he's been a sentimental favorite of mine since his 'gut it out' in the 4th preseason game performance.

Excited about this guy.i

Great reminder. He basically limped his way into the roster.
Great show of toughness and fighting spirit .. hopefully durability.
What's not to like!

Everybody remind me why so many posters labeled Roberts the "obvious easy cut" for when Brady & Nink returned? ;)

He's a fun player to watch, and an easy guy to root for. I'm loving this rookie class so far.

I thought they should have cut him before the last preseason game. After that game not anymore.

He needs a little more size but hes a ball of hate

My impression today was he already added some size.
You might be right. I watched bits and pieces today. Watching it in its entirety in the RW Fortress of Solitude later.

I was just getting ready to post that the one negative is that we now need to find another easy cut since Roberts no longer appears to be that guy.

I was streaming the game on a crappy wifi and couldn't see the names on the jerseys (and barely the numbers). Was wondering who that guy was.... definitely flying around making plays out there today. Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back