Welcome to PatsFans.com

Enron Tapes Inadmissable

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Jan 13, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-enron13jan13,1,2625960.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

Give me a freaking break. After all this time, when finally set to go to trial, we don't get to hear the tapes about Ken Lays buddies bragging about ripping off the poor old ladies? WTF is that??

I'm no lawyer, but doesn't that go directly to the type of management this company was employing while screwing millions of people?

"Prosecutors had argued that the manipulation of California's electricity market was part of that puzzle. "

Not only is it relevant to the case, it also explains one big reason why the recession hit as hard as it did. And since this guy is a big Bush backer, he probably got his defense to pay off the judge to keep the info from getting incriminating publicity.

Good thing the courts are shifting. Theres a whole lot of indictments coming for these criminals.

Speaking of which, I wonder how PFinMes friend James Tobin is doing?

2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I want to see those guys locked up for the rest of their lives, but the ruling seems legally sound.

3. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Really? I thought it goes to intent, or at least is a character description of the management company.

Like I said, I'm no lawyer. But those tapes were seemingly very incriminating.

4. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

They are very incriminating, but they seem to show a different crime than the one he was charged for. The tapes indicate he defrauded the people of California by wholesale manipulation of the energy market. But he's actually being charged with defrauding the shareholders of Enron. I say charge him for both, that would make the tapes admissable.

5. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

gotchya. I agree. The real crime was what it did to our nations economy if you ask me.

6. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Whats funny is that the Bushies in general are too brainwashed by Fox to realize that he (Ken Lay) is one of them. I was on a GOP forum long ago when this thing broke that had these morons tripping over themselves about how Bush would make an example out of Lay. Err...guess again. He's not gonna let his base down. They'll stall until after the 04 elections and he'll get pardoned eventually is my guess, I wrote.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2006
  7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +152 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

What like Mark Rich, guess that doesn't mean anything to the DNC apologists. Who are the Klintonites brainwashed by with this? CNN, MSNBC, Howie Dean, NYT, Globe ect......... Guess they didn't let part of their base down with that(limo riding ultra rich white elites).

I know you will deflect or defend this some how, because that is what you do defend the crap out of the left wing and than claim to be independent, sure whatever. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2006
  8. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,083 / 27 / -36

#15 Jersey

The Rich pardon was dispicable. No argument there. Will you say the same when Bush pardons Lay, or will you make lame excuses to defend the party line?

9. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +152 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

No if he would pardon Ken Lay than he would go down in my book as no better than Clinton. (I assume after the Rich pardon that nothing can be done about pardons, which is BS)