PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enough with the homerism - I'm P.O.'d

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDD

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Monday morning I must have read every AP story, every local newspaper, every everything about that Jets win, how smart my team played, how smart we were for getting Moss. I was really really proud to be a Patriots fan.

This latest trumped up scandal is petty, it's jealosy on the Jets' part, and on the part of influential insiders like Casserly who have always hated the Pats. We know this.

However, it doesn't change the fact that Belichick was stupid, and because of his stupidity, instead of looking forward to this game, I have to "look forward to" a week of "I told you so's" by the Chargers, and a week of our media enemies commiserating with them. Hey, after all, how DARE we beat that team full of pro-bowlers last year? It MUST be because we CHAEATED.

Thanks for taking away my enjoyment Bill. How someone so smart can be such an idiot is beyond me. Get yourself some psychological help and stop being an a--hole. Just STOP it.

Knight and Parcells grew up (relatively speaking), it's time that you did as well, idiot.

Monday morning I must have read every AP story, every local newspaper, every everything about that Jets win, how smart my team played, how smart we were for getting Moss. I was really really proud to be a Patriots fan.

This latest trumped up scandal is petty, it's jealosy on the Jets' part, and on the part of influential insiders like Casserly who have always hated the Pats. We know this.

However, it doesn't change the fact that Belichick was stupid, and because of his stupidity, instead of looking forward to this game, I have to "look forward to" a week of "I told you so's" by the Chargers, and a week of our media enemies commiserating with them. Hey, after all, how DARE we beat that team full of pro-bowlers last year? It MUST be because we CHAEATED.

Thanks for taking away my enjoyment Bill. How someone so smart can be such an idiot is beyond me. Get yourself some psychological help and stop being an a--hole. Just STOP it.

Knight and Parcells grew up (relatively speaking), it's time that you did as well, idiot.

So what's he guilty of so far?

So you got some insider info? Last I heard these where accusations at this point.

Okay, so I'm a Charger fan, but I for one won't say that you won because you cheated (allegedly). You beat us fair and square on our turf. There are a number of things that SD could have done differently, but so could the Pats. That's just football.

I'm looking forward to this Sunday's game albeit a little nervous.

So you got some insider info? Last I heard these where accusations at this point.

Whatever guys. This isn't a court of law.

Hey, if he was just taking pictures of lovely scenic New Jersey I'll come back here and call myself an idiot ok?

A little pressure and some of you crumble. Glad you aren't covering my flank. lol

Okay, so I'm a Charger fan, but I for one won't say that you won because you cheated (allegedly). You beat us fair and square on our turf. There are a number of things that SD could have done differently, but so could the Pats. That's just football.

I'm looking forward to this Sunday's game albeit a little nervous.

Yeah well I've found a lot of Charger fans to be great. It's some of the actual team members that are the problem.

Question, what is the advantage of filming a game from behind a bench?? The signal callers are facing the field and the Patriots?? It would make more sense to film them from either behind the pats bench facing the Jets.

Whatever guys. This isn't a court of law.

Hey, if he was just taking pictures of lovely scenic New Jersey I'll come back here and call myself an idiot ok?

Ok, sounds good to me.

A lot of people are really showing how little they understand the game of football here, and it's pissing me off, big time.

This is a non story. Do you know how many blitz packages an NFL team uses in a game? If the Jets, or any other professional football team, has so few blitzes that the hand signals can easily be decoded like that, they deserve to have them stolen. This is ridiculous, and its effect on the field is minimal.

shoot, I hope they did do it. It just adds to the color of the NFL. Some of you should stick to golf.

1. There is a rule that taking steroids is not OK, and those who still do and get caught pay the price. There's a rule that you can't videotape the other team's signal callers. We got caught, we gotta pay the price. It doesn't matter that all teams do it as well - just as it doesn't matter that probably a vast, vast majority of NFL players use illegal substances. What matters is quite simple: there's a rule, we know about it, and we still broke it. What matters now moving forward is the sort of punishment - if any - that will be levied against us for it. Whatever it is, we'll have to take it with humility. We did the crime, we'll do the time.

2. The stupid part of this is that we don't quite need that to beat up on the jets... so why do it at all?

3. In business, we call it a risk assessment. We look at what we can gain from an action, what our losses can be resulting from said action, and the odds of those losses occurring. Then we make a decision based on this information. Note that ethics don't really enter into focus all that much in that process. The Pats saw some kind of advantage, I am sure they're smart enough to have done their own risk assessment and decided to go with it. Too bad ethics didn't weigh a little more in the process, and for that, as a Pats fan, I am disappointed.

A lot of people are really showing how little they understand the game of football here, and it's pissing me off, big time.

This is a non story. Do you know how many blitz packages an NFL team uses in a game? If the Jets, or any other professional football team, has so few blitzes that the hand signals can easily be decoded like that, they deserve to have them stolen. This is ridiculous, and its effect on the field is minimal.

It IS a story because the media is all over it.
That's the very definition.
It IS a story because the Patriots WILL be punished if the film shows Mangini and staff giving defensive signals.
I agree that the effect of getting this info is minimal, which makes the stupidity of doing it (allegedly) all the more infuriating.

I agree with you. That's my frigging point. And by the way, nearly ALL of the so-called "cheating" examples fit that category. But WHY give the haters the material? It's stupid.

Last edited:
It IS a story because the media is all over it.
That's the very definition.
It IS a story because the Patriots WILL be punished if the film shows Mangini and staff giving defensive signals.
I agree that the effect of getting this info is minimal, which makes the stupidity of doing it (allegedly) all the more infuriating.

But that is why it makes no sense in the crazy media world... people obviously forgot about due process and are on the hysteria bandwagon.

it really makes us look bad, and even silly. from an image standpoint in the league, this is a PR blunder. there is no arguing that.

it also appears to be more of an antagonistic move than productive one, to film like that. BB telling the Mangenius or whomever that he is poking him with a sharp stick. i think that is where some ppl are coming from, when they say this whole thing is un-necessary.

i bet Bob Kraft is having a few words w BB about all of this, no doubt. Kraft didnt invest gizillions and a decade to build the best professional team image in football to have it tarnished by BB's mind games.

Yeah well I've found a lot of Charger fans to be great. It's some of the actual team members that are the problem.

If that's the case then you ARE ONE..........

Of all the fans that come on here weekly {aside from perhaps Jets fans}, there are no more disrespectful, arrogant A-holes fans out there then Charger fans.

You have to? Who is forcing you to look forward to this? Do you have so little control over yourself?

This is much ado about nothing. Has anyone came up with a plausable explaination on how the alledged taping helped the Patriots put a major ass whipping on the Jets? If so , I haven't seen it.

And don't pick on Homers, they are some of the nicest people I know.

So tell us Mr. Football....is videotaping the signal caller on another team legal in the NFL?

So tell us Mr. Football....is videotaping the signal caller on another team legal in the NFL?

A more basic question, how do you tape a signal caller from behind? Or how do you know no one is taping from the spotters box or other vantage point??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots