PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enough of Bobby Carpenter already!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Why is it when the Pats are interested in one guy or he has ties to a player from the Pats, you guys jerk off over it and become obsesed with this player? In most draft magazines, he is the 6th ranked linebacker, for crying out loud! ESPN recently has him going in the 2nd round to the niners. Get over it! There probably won't be any value with him at #21. In fact, with the draft this deep, I wouldn't mind if they traded out and picked up an extra pick in the second round and whatever else they can get. However, the same can be said with me and Maroney. I like gamebreakers. And one guy on this board said he's slow? If 4.40 is slow, then what's fast? But if the Pats don't take Maroney and take a CB or S or WR I'd be okay with it. I don't attach myself to one player like most fans on the board do.

So please, Find a player that "YOU" like and not follow the leader and agree with every stinkin thing the Pats do. You know they do make mistakes and pass up on players that they could have gotten. Anquan Bolden for Bethel Johnson?

If you don't resond to this, then it just shows you don't get it and you can go back and drink your Kool-aid.

Last edited:
THEARCHIVES said:
Why is it when the Pats are interested in one guy or he has ties to a player from the Pats, you guys jerk off over it and become obsesed with this player? In most draft magazines, he is the 6th ranked linebacker, for crying out loud! ESPN recently has him going in the 2nd round to the niners. Get over it! There probably won't be any value with him at #21. In fact, with the draft this deep, I wouldn't mind if they traded out and picked up an extra pick in the second round and whatever else they can get. However, the same can be said with me and Maroney. I like gamebreakers. And one guy on this board said he's slow? If 4.40 is slow, then what's fast? But if the Pats don't take Maroney and take a CB or S or WR I'd be okay with it. I don't attach myself to one player like most fans on the board do.

So please, Find a player that "YOU" like and not follow the leader and agree with every stinkin thing the Pats do. You know they do make mistakes and pass up on players that they could have gotten. Anquan Bolden for Bethel Johnson?
Damn, and "I" just finished a new sig file that "I" was going to surprise "YOU" with. Oh well.

By the way, "I" like Bobby Carpenter. Is that okay with "YOU"? "I" think he's a good fit for "THEIR" system down in Foxboro. "I" hope this doesn't cause too much angst for "YOU". "I" also like other LBs and DE/OLB hybrids for our 1st round pick, "I'm" not completely sold on Carpenter yet, but "I" am leaning his way right now.

Attachments

• draft-carpenter.jpg
    draft-carpenter.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 306
I would be very happy if the Patriots draft Bobby Carpenter because T-shirt just said so.

I don't have the capacity to watch players play and decide if I think that they are good. I'm really glad that others have lead me to this decission.

I love Bobby Carpenter. Bobby Carpenter makes my knees knock. He may be rated #6 in the linebacker ratings but he's #1 in my heart.

PATSNUTme said:
I would be very happy if the Patriots draft Bobby Carpenter because T-shirt just said so.

I don't have the capacity to watch players play and decide if I think that they are good. I'm really glad that others have lead me to this decission.

I love Bobby Carpenter. Bobby Carpenter makes my knees knock. He may be rated #6 in the linebacker ratings but he's #1 in my heart.
:D Like I said, I'm not totally on his bandwagon yet, but leaning there. AZPatsFans "Linebacker" thread really got me thinking. Be we shouldn't talk too much about it lest we give the newb an aneurism or something. Aparently he excites easily.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
:D Like I said, I'm not totally on his bandwagon yet, but leaning there. AZPatsFans "Linebacker" thread really got me thinking. Be we shouldn't talk too much about it lest we give the newb an aneurism or something. Aparently he excites easily.

Oh no just when I liked Bobby Carpenter! I'll have to change my mind? Let me know soon who I should like in the draft.

THEARCHIVES knows me better than I know myself.

Wait, we have to watch the games OURSELVES to understand football? Crazy. Just crazy. Hopefully you are at that stage that I was when I first heard talk about Bobby Carpenter. I did not want him at all. But the more you watch how he plays, the more you have to think that he is the top LB in this class to fit OUR system. The guy could be a Mike Vrabel type player with the ability to play inside or out in our 3-4. I am sure some will disagree with me on this but I think he is more suited for the inside. Sure, it may not be the flashiest of picks, but when do we ever do that? Who did you want last year when Mankins was drafted? I wanted either Corey Webster or Channing Crowder, I sure learned my lesson.

THEARCHIVES said:

If you don't resond to this, then it just shows you don't get it and you can go back and drink your Kool-aid.
Though I personally agree that Carpenter may not be the best prospect for the Pats (I would vastly prefer Lawson or Ryans), flaming the general population of the board isn't a good way of expressing that. Instead, present facts as to why you don't like Carpenter, such as "he is the 6th ranked linebacker in many draft magazines" (like you did) without insulting people or a group (i.e. everyone). Posting in your manner lends itself to people flaming back or making sarcastic remarks. :p

PATSNUTme said:
Oh no just when I liked Bobby Carpenter! I'll have to change my mind? Let me know soon who I should like in the draft.

THEARCHIVES knows me better than I know myself.
I feel your pain, I do. I'd love to be the one to tell you what to think, but at this time, perhaps it's better that you defer to THEARCHIVES... I've read your posts in the draft forum, and it's clear that "YOU" aren't quite capable of thinking for yourself. You ask far too many questions and read far too many magazines, web sites, draft reports and the like, you silly little sheep. :(

drpatriot said:
.... without insulting people or a group (i.e. everyone). Posting in your manner lends itself to people flaming back or making sarcastic remarks.
Here? You're kidding. That never happens here. :cool2:

Last edited:
There are a lot of players I would be very happy seeing the Pats take in the 1st round. Bobby Carpenter is one of them. I've been a fan of his since UT played Ohio State in the 2nd game of the year. Vince Young ran all over that D on the first drive and I thought it was going to be a breeze for UT. The LBs adjusted and Young did absolutely nothing on the ground for the rest of the game. Carpenter dominated along with Hawk and Schlegel.

So we shouldn't want Carpenter because he's the 6th ranked LB? So we're supposed to pick who "WE" want but only if draft reports rank them high enough?

I don't care about draft reports. I just checked out SI.com and CBS Sportsline to look at their projections for some of the players we've taken over the years.

Matt Light-3rd round (taken mid 2nd)
Deion Branch-Late 6th round (end of 2nd)
Jarvis Green-Early 7th round (4th round)
Ty Warren-Late 1st round (13th pick)
Asante Samuel-Undrafted Free Agent (4th round)
Logan Mankins-Mid 3rd round (32nd pick)
Ellis Hobbs-Mid 5th round (early 3rd round)

Boy, if only we had gone with pre-draft rankings, we'd be so much better off. Deion Branch was rated the 17th best WR in his class behind such future Hall-of-Famers like Marquis Walker, Tim Carter, Kelly Campbell, Ron Johnson, Kahlil Hill, Cliff Russell and Nakoa McElrath.

Rankings are incredibly overrated. I'd rather see us get football players that can help us win more than getting the people that are the highest on Mel Kiper's board of players still available. How often have the Patriots been ripped for "reaching" for a player only to see him turn into a solid or great pickup? Do they make mistakes? Sure, every team does. (However, since you seem so stuck on rankings, Bolden should be considered a reach because he was ranked 19th and was the 6th WR drafted that year. Bethel was ranked 22nd. It's not like we left the 2nd rated WR on the board.)

If the Pats take Carpenter, I'll be happy because I've watched him play, I've watched him dominate and I think he's an excellent football player. It isn't because the Patriots brought him in for a visit and it isn't because he knows Mike Vrabel. It's because he can help us win games.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
I feel your pain, I do. I'd love to be the one to tell you what to think, but at this time, perhaps it's better that you defer to THEARCHIVES... I've read your posts in the draft forum, and it's clear that "YOU" aren't quite capable of thinking for yourself. You ask far too many questions and read far too many magazines, web sites, draft reports and the like, you silly little sheep. :(

Here? You're kidding. That never happens here. :cool2:

I need to stop doing that and depend on people like THEARHIVES. I wish he would come over to the draft forum and share his thoughts.

BOR really needs his help.

Crazy Patriot Guy said:
There are a lot of players I would be very happy seeing the Pats take in the 1st round. Bobby Carpenter is one of them. I've been a fan of his since UT played Ohio State in the 2nd game of the year. Vince Young ran all over that D on the first drive and I thought it was going to be a breeze for UT. The LBs adjusted and Young did absolutely nothing on the ground for the rest of the game. Carpenter dominated along with Hawk and Schlegel.

So we shouldn't want Carpenter because he's the 6th ranked LB? So we're supposed to pick who "WE" want but only if draft reports rank them high enough?

I don't care about draft reports. I just checked out SI.com and CBS Sportsline to look at their projections for some of the players we've taken over the years.

Matt Light-3rd round (taken mid 2nd)
Deion Branch-Late 6th round (end of 2nd)
Jarvis Green-Early 7th round (4th round)
Ty Warren-Late 1st round (13th pick)
Asante Samuel-Undrafted Free Agent (4th round)
Logan Mankins-Mid 3rd round (32nd pick)
Ellis Hobbs-Mid 5th round (early 3rd round)

Boy, if only we had gone with pre-draft rankings, we'd be so much better off. Deion Branch was rated the 17th best WR in his class behind such future Hall-of-Famers like Marquis Walker, Tim Carter, Kelly Campbell, Ron Johnson, Kahlil Hill, Cliff Russell and Nakoa McElrath.

Rankings are incredibly overrated. I'd rather see us get football players that can help us win more than getting the people that are the highest on Mel Kiper's board of players still available. How often have the Patriots been ripped for "reaching" for a player only to see him turn into a solid or great pickup? Do they make mistakes? Sure, every team does. (However, since you seem so stuck on rankings, Bolden should be considered a reach because he was ranked 19th and was the 6th WR drafted that year. Bethel was ranked 22nd. It's not like we left the 2nd rated WR on the board.)

If the Pats take Carpenter, I'll be happy because I've watched him play, I've watched him dominate and I think he's an excellent football player. It isn't because the Patriots brought him in for a visit and it isn't because he knows Mike Vrabel. It's because he can help us win games.

Nice research!!

Bottom line for me with all the "draft experts" picks every year is that whenever the Pats have picked lately the experts have been scrambling after saying "who the hell is that?" or "why are they taking him so early?" After you see them become solid contributors you realize that the Pats do their due diligence on all the prospects, place a value on them in their system and pick for best valued player available based on perceived team needs.
It is what it is and it's the Patriots way. (It also appears to be working well)

I don't bother to speculate. I'll just wait to see who they pick and assume it's a good well thought out need to make the team better. Okay, pass the Kool-Aid please. :eat3:

seriously -- was that sarcastic?:rofl:

Bill?, is that you?

It's drinking Patriots kool aid to like a certain guy in college? This must be Belichick himself trying to throw up a smokescreen? They've worked out a bunch of players -- we're not the only team Carp's visited.

If it makes you feel any better, Kiper would call this guy a reach at #21.

I was listening to a Cowboys radio show the other day and apparently we're not the only team drinking OSU kool aid. Dallas has plenty of serious needs at OL and DB but they really like this guy so BB may have to trade up a few spots to trump Parcells.

Buckeye fans consider Carp every bit as important as Hawk...there's even a minority who felt he -- not hawk -- was the most indispensible member of their defense. Either way he was clearly the "heart and soul" of the team...

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15757

It's obvious why Carp has been UNDERRATED (who's hyping him???):
1. the fibula fracture in November
2. played next to Hawk and Schlagel
3. depth in draft at LB
4. needs work on his technique and discipline

The fibula is the smaller of the two lower leg bones and Carp's had his surgically repaired (he's had a history of fibula breaks dating back to high school). He did run the 40 at the combine but I don't think it was much under 4.7? -- but he's also got his weight up to around 260.

If that was in fact a serious post, try bringing something to the table if you like another guy at #21 -- it's called persuasion...does anyone really think foxboro cares what we or the media think about anyone?

Last edited:
now, it's a sure thing

edzo44 said:
Nice research!!

Bottom line for me with all the "draft experts" picks every year is that whenever the Pats have picked lately the experts have been scrambling after saying "who the hell is that?" or "why are they taking him so early?" After you see them become solid contributors you realize that the Pats do their due diligence on all the prospects, place a value on them in their system and pick for best valued player available based on perceived team needs.
It is what it is and it's the Patriots way. (It also appears to be working well)

I don't bother to speculate. I'll just wait to see who they pick and assume it's a good well thought out need to make the team better. Okay, pass the Kool-Aid please. :eat3:
readers of espn magazine would deduce that carpenter's THE ONE LB BB/SP won't take. i liked him against texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back