PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enough is enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I started out just responding to a thread Andy Johnson started. However once I got rolling, my sense of self righteous indignation flared out of control and I knew I had to say this or bust. Simply.... ENDOUGH IS ENOUGH.

As Mike Smith has reported, What we have had to endure is nothing more than a media witch hunt that's being perpetrated by the national media. It is all about 2 things that Bostonians should easily recognize- self interested Politics and Revenge

a. Its to the media's best interest to have a "good vs evil" dynamic going as a continuing story line during this season. The Pats were an obvious choice BEFORE the 'spygate' thing happened, since their continued success despite a system set up to confound such continued success suggested something sinister anyway. Being caught for a relative inoccuous procedural violation, was the perfect excuse to a media that is all about hype and NOTHING about substance. Hence we get Spygate, Asteriskgate, and Runitupgate.

The perfect example of why it is a true conspiracy is best exemplified by the Runitup gate. Otherwise why would the media virtually ignore comments by respect players and coaches like Taylor, Thomas, Gibbs, etc, and concentrate on comments of Jags like Chris Liwinski etc. Even if 95% of the league believed the Pats were doing NOTHING wrong, the media focused us in on the 5% of the whining losers who B!tched, as if THEY were the majority.

b. Its all about payback to BB. He's a media guy's nightmare. No charisma, no cooperation, no information, and a dull, dull, DULL presentation. BB understands that the media cannot help you win a game, yet they CAN help you lose one, so he wisely created this personna.

On the other hand the media REWARDS people who make their job easier, and punish those who make it hard.

While others might like the "bad guy" image this season is creating, I DON'T. I want to fight back...in a proper PR way. I want start a campaign to make the Colts look like the evil empire that they REALLY are, and take the heat off the Pats. Here are a few sounding points that need to be spread.

a. Compare the Owners. One owner is from a family that under the cover of darkness STOLE a beloved franchise from a city that supported the family AND the team for DECADES, yet they bolted on the city JUST because, they wouldn't give in to their attempts to extort a free stadium and left for a city that would.

The other owner SAVED a franchise, built a privately financed stadium, promotes good deeds to the exent that they make charitible good works a required part of every contract they sign.

b. One is lead by a HC who is the poster child for intolerance, even though he is a minority himself. A man who lets his own religious beliefs dictate what he thinks OTHERS should believe.

The other team is lead by a HC who UNDER THE RADAR has done more work in the black community than the "black" HC he is often compared to.

c. One team is led by a HC who has complains openly about the refs, injuries, and is an excuse maker

The other team is lead by a guy who has NEVER made an excuse, and is the first to blame HIMSELF when things go wrong.

d. One team has a GM who is a psychotic bully, who tries to constantly intimidate the league into creating unfair advantages for his team.

The other team has a GM who would be everyone's first choice to be Santa at Christmas. A guy who has proven to be on of the top GMs in the league, yet his happy to be in the background and not out front.

e. On the field one team is led by a QB who despite all the talent he's had to play with, only managed to win it all ONCE, and that took the best half of football in his career, along with playing a decimated team. Beyond that he's best known for great personal stats and losing all but one big game he'd ever been in, from college to the pros.

The other team is led by a guy who didn't have the pedigree. Didn't have all the natural talent, and Didn't have any of the notiriety that Manning had. He literally willed and worked himself into the position he now occupies. That of the only 3 time Superbowl winner before he was 30. He has been know since college for WINNING most of his BIG games.

f. One QB whines on and off the field. Throws his fellow players under the bus whenever things go wrong. He blames them, injuries and the refs for all his failings....and never himself.

The other NEVER does that...even when he could. Even now you could never get Tom Brady to say a negative thing about guys likr Givens, Branch, Caldwell, Gabriel, etc, even when they AREN'T teammates any longer

g. One guy has PROVEN now that when he's presented with LESS than stellar components to play with, his personal play suffers.

The other has PROVEN that he makes everyone else around him better. NO one who has played with him on the offensive side of the ball has gone on to play even close to the same level elsewhere. He makes average players look good, and good players look great....AND now that he has a truely great player to work with, he is making HIM look HISTORIC.

BOTTOM LINE - who are the good guys here? WE ARE, and it is our duty to let the rest of the country know what WE know. This is a great team and organization. The players who play here opitimize TEAMWORK, ACCOUNTABILITY, and SELFLESSNESS. They respect their opponents. They say the right things. They act the right way. And while it may be dull to the media, it IS the real AMERICAN way. At least the American way BEFORE we became a nation of the self indulgent, self absorbed, selfish, "its all about me and what I can get" nation that plays to the lowest common denominator in all of us.

Hopefully there is someone out there who actually has a PR background and KNOWS how to get out the TRUTH and counter this current media campaign to make the Pats the evil empire. For the rest of us. It is up to us to add to the "off the top of my head" list I started.

Last edited:
Re: enough is enough....

excellent post !

Good luck fighting it. It's Duke lacrosse players all over again, except this time there is no AM talk radio that cares about setting the record straight.

So Ken, I take it from your post that you're not really much of a fan of the Colts organization, eh?

I feel exactly the same way.

I was thinking about this in terms of the politics question being thrown around, Who would you rather elect to higher office?

My answer, Belichick. If he can get normally selfish pro athletes to buy into the concept of team, I'm sure he can get into Americans to buy into the concept of working together to rebuild a great nation. Look at his salary cap structure. All the money isn't going to Donald Manning, err, I mean Trump. It's spread out and shared. The bench is deep. People like Bruschi don't hire lawyers to demand what's coming to them, they seek out a fair deal. Belichick works quietly in the community and doesn't seem to exclude anyone from it. Doesn't that sound like a leader to you?

But you know, he never proclaimed, "I'm a classy guy," or, "I've got quiet strength," or "I'm the first Christian coach to win," and in our pathetic superficial media-driven world, slogans are ereality.

One of your best posts ever. Love the true BB/Dungy comparisons.

great post!!! Says it all!!

good stuff, ken. I sent it on as a story-idea for a media person I know. We'll see what comes of it...

I hate to sh.i.t in your ham sandwich, but the BB vs Dungy comparison is a bit of a stretch.

One is lead by a HC who is the poster child for intolerance, even though he is a minority himself. A man who lets his own religious beliefs dictate what he thinks OTHERS should believe.

The other team is lead by a HC who UNDER THE RADAR has done more work in the black community than the "black" HC he is often compared to.

Has Dungy done ANYTHING to gays to be accused of intolerance... other than say he thinks homosexuality is wrong. People are entitled to their opinions are they not? Maybe he has done something else and I don't know of it... hey, clue me in. If that's all he is guilty of though, give it a rest!

One team is led by a HC who has complains openly about the refs, injuries, and is an excuse maker

The other team is lead by a guy who has NEVER made an excuse, and is the first to blame HIMSELF when things go wrong.

Ok, I agree with you here!

But, let's face the facts. Dungy is a player's coach... he likes to be their friend. BB is a Parcell's type of coach ... the exact opposite of the Dungy/Pete Carrol style of coaching.

Throw in BB's fling with a married chick, his controversial escape from New York, his petty practice squad revenge tactics, his constant abbrasion (albeit deserved) with the NFL over things like attire and injury reports, the spygate fiasco and his overall grumpiness to the press and I think you have to give the edge to Dungy on the good vs evil argument.

All that being said, I like BB's coaching style and I think he is the greatest NFL HC of all time... including Lombardi. I just don't think he has the high ground in the good vs evil debate.

Great post, patfanken. I have nothing to add b/c you said it all.

The media, society, it's infuriating these days. Truth, fact, reason have no place in it.

Good luck fighting it. It's Duke lacrosse players all over again, except this time there is no AM talk radio that cares about setting the record straight.

Sad but true.

Your argument is all fine and dandy, but how do you really feel?

Fantastic post Ken! SPOT ON!!

Throw in BB's fling with a married chick, his controversial escape from New York, his petty practice squad revenge tactics, his constant abbrasion (albeit deserved) with the NFL over things like attire and injury reports, the spygate fiasco and his overall grumpiness to the press and I think you have to give the edge to Dungy on the good vs evil argument.

Don't forget to throw parenting skills into the mix Lloyd. You want to get personal in this debate then let's put everything on the Dungy/Belichick table.

Great post Ken. The Patriots have changed nothing this year as far as the way they run the team. The Media is looking for a story. They can't find one, so they are making one up.

Don't forget to throw parenting skills into the mix Lloyd. You want to get personal in this debate then let's put everything on the Dungy/Belichick table.

Including that Tony raised his son so well that under the "who I'd like to meet?" section on his myspace his only comment was "no f*gs". Really puts the whole Dungy anti-gay thing in perspective, and yes, I will hold a parent accountable for raising a bigoted child.

You shouldn't let this effect you this much. It will all change soon enough as these mediots are forced to aknowledge the Pats or watch thier careers take a sideline view as what may be the best team in history flashes by them. Their bosses won't let it happen and they will be told to write the good guy stuff. It'll drive them crazy and that's your revenge.

But...if this team nails a SB, brace yourself for the onslaught next year because the level of arrogance perpetuated by many Pats fans will be beyond belief. It's not anybody's fault. The media and other fans created it with their first tuck rule asterisk, with their boring 3 point SB talk, to their your DBs were holding all game nonsense and right into spygate. Let's not leave out the running up the score BS either. They nurtured this monster. Now they will have to deal with it.

For me, well I'm just waiting for a SB victory and certain fans of other teams to come in here, (and other places), and say that maybe the cheating really didn't make a difference and that Brady really is great and that BB is Lombardi's equal and congrats. I've got one thing to say to them, "You can kiss my hairy Pats fan's ass you disingenous rat bahstad! See you next year loser!"

I hate to sh.i.t in your ham sandwich, but the BB vs Dungy comparison is a bit of a stretch.

Has Dungy done ANYTHING to gays to be accused of intolerance... other than say he thinks homosexuality is wrong. People are entitled to their opinions are they not? Maybe he has done something else and I don't know of it... hey, clue me in. If that's all he is guilty of though, give it a rest!

Ok, I agree with you here!

But, let's face the facts. Dungy is a player's coach... he likes to be their friend. BB is a Parcell's type of coach ... the exact opposite of the Dungy/Pete Carrol style of coaching.

All that being said, I like BB's coaching style and I think he is the greatest NFL HC of all time... including Lombardi. I just don't think he has the high ground in the good vs evil debate.

WTF?

Throw in Dungy, the religious family guy with the dead son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back