PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enough Felger enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting sick of Felger complaining about Merriweather. Alright Felgie I know that you are really excited about finding a new (black of course) whipping post now that Moss has left but do you really need to keep inflicting us with your bile?

Why didn't we hear the same endless rants from Felger when Wes Welker got clocked by Ryan Clark? In fact I didn't remember much at all about Clark. How about when Ray Lewis pole-axed Edelman and Woodhead? That is fine I guess. And I am supposed to feel sorry for the Ravens because the Patriots got rough with them?

Why is Felger picking on Merriweather? Because Merriweather plays for the Patriots and Felger is always looking for new obnoxious angles to excoriate the team. Felger why don't you go back to Milwaukee and do hockey.

Last edited:
Enough complaining about Felger enough

If you don't like the guy's column why read them?

It's like a junk food junkie going into a health food shop daily and gets pissed off because they have never sell M&Ms in there. :rolleyes:

I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting sick of Felger complaining about Merriweather. Alright Felgie I know that you are really excited about finding a new (black of course) whipping post now that Moss has left but do you really need to keep inflicting us with your bile?

Why didn't we hear the same endless rants from Felger when Wes Welker got clocked by Ryan Clark? In fact I didn't remember much at all about Clark. How about when Ray Lewis pole-axed Edelman and Woodhead? That is fine I guess. And I am supposed to feel sorry for the Ravens because the Patriots got rough with them?

Why is Felger picking on Merriweather? Because Merriweather plays for the Patriots and Felger is always looking for new obnoxious angles to excoriate the team. Felger why don't you go back to Milwaukee and do hockey.

Turn the channel. That will fix him.

Yea you are right. I can listen for about 20 seconds and then I have to switch to the knuckleheads on WEEI. Don't you love how EEI (between commercials) has utility Lou and Max doing football talk?

It has gotten so bad that I go to the local library and get books on tape. Best listen in a while was "The Curse of the Blue Tatoo"; very funny and entertaining.

If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't have any idea what new garbage Felger is spewing. Why do you guys listen?

Made the mistake of listening to Felgie for 5 freakin minutes. On a rant about how Meriweather 'stinks' and should be 'off the team'. I have been critical of our safety who should have a better grasp of the game after several years and should not be improvising contrary to BB's instructions but all said he's an asset. Yes he's an underachiever because of his focus on ESPN highlight plays as opposed to geting the other guys off the freakin field but I'm wiling to give this immature player more time to better focus his talent. Felgie is a punk. Maz is worse.

Last edited:
i love felgie cause he just shats on the pats for 4 hours straight .. secret is not to take it personal .. he's entertainment

Made the mistake of listening to Felgie for 5 freakin minutes. On a rant about how Meriweather 'stinks' and should be 'off the team'. I have been critical of our safety who should have a better grasp of the game after several years and should not be improvising contrary to BB's instructions but all said he's an asset. Yes he's an underachiever because of his focus on ESPN highlight plays as opposed to geting the other guys off the freakin field but I'm wiling to give this immature player more time to better focus his talent. Felgie is a punk. Maz is worse.

Moss is gone. Felger needed a new ox to gore. Picking on the Pro Bowl safety is just next in line.

Felger may be the best pundit left in Boston. Bob is an ESPN hack now.

Felger may be the best pundit left in Boston. Bob is an ESPN hack now.

Felger may be 185 feet tall, too. It's just as likely as him being the best pundit in Boston.

Moss is gone. Felger needed a new ox to gore. Picking on the Pro Bowl safety is just next in line.

BINGO!

You're not Troy Brown posting under a pseudonym are you?

Felger may be 185 feet tall, too. It's just as likely as him being the best pundit in Boston.

He was the only one who had any faith in this Patriot team.

Alright Felgie I know that you are really excited about finding a new (black of course) whipping post now that Moss has left but do you really need to keep inflicting us with your bile?

Are you saying Felger has something against pro athletes who are black?

Felger may be the most annoying sports personality on the planet but someone who shows a negative eye towards a professional athletes because he is black is not one of them.

If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't have any idea what new garbage Felger is spewing. Why do you guys listen?

I'm with you Nikolai ... some fans just love gossip i guess and felger is great for gossip. seriously ... what kind of douchebag admits he gets along best with punters ... epic fail on that one Felgy.

I was listening to that fool this afternoon. All he did was spew negative things about Meri and even had some words about Wilfork. WTF? It was a bad hit by Brandon but I think he's just trying to bring an attitude and physicallity back to the Patriots. They've been soft as cream puffs for that last few seasons. Does he ever have anything to say? He even bashed Branch a couple of times damn.

Felger isn't great, but he is better than the alternative on the other station. We get Felger and is repeated rants of Meriweather being a horrible person who has no right to ever be on the team and he sucks anyway or we listen to Ordway get into the battle of mental giants with the likes of Dakota from Braintree who will argue that the Pats will not win another game this season and finish 4-12 because Dakota hasn't seen anything from the Pats this season that makes him believe that they will even be able to beat the Browns.

I was hoping with Moss gone and Branch here and doing well in the first game, Felger would get a bit better. Unfortunately, I just moved my office and I can't get Sirius in my location nor have speakers on my computer. So he is still the lesser of two evils. Hopefully after this week, he will move off Meriweather and onto something else. Oh yeah, next week is Favre and Moss week. I already know what he will be talking about for two weeks.

Are you saying Felger has something against pro athletes who are black?

Felger may be the most annoying sports personality on the planet but someone who shows a negative eye towards a professional athletes because he is black is not one of them.

Most of the league is black even the Patriots who seem to have more white skills players than most teams. Odds are if Felger or anyone else is going to player hate a player at any position other than QB that the player is going to be black. I think that Moss and Meriweather are both black is just the odds. Besides, there isn't a player in the NFL Felger hates more than Brett Favre.

Yea you are right. I can listen for about 20 seconds and then I have to switch to the knuckleheads on WEEI. Don't you love how EEI (between commercials) has utility Lou and Max doing football talk?

It has gotten so bad that I go to the local library and get books on tape. Best listen in a while was "The Curse of the Blue Tatoo"; very funny and entertaining.

You could, you know, listen to actual music if both are so bad. It just never made sense to me to listen to people whose drivel pisses you off so bad and then, to make matters worse, actually then go to a public forum and spout off about how you listened to these guys, and then said this and that, and it pissed you off. Turn the talk radio off and listen to music, don't read the sports pages of the papers. Get your news from this forum. Your life will be all the better for it.

If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't have any idea who Felger or Borges even WERE. That's how much I don't pay attention to the Boston sports media. Why would I want to subject myself to something so infuriating for more than 30 seconds, and then tell other people about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back