PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enjoying the "Tuck" game on nfln

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Unbelievable that they even played this game.
Don't even recognize some of them Pats.
Sure was a long time ago now.

This is awesome to re-watch. I like the CBS commentary over the radio feed on 3G2G. I still remember watching this game.

I'll finally have this recorded. :)

Btw, nice sig Dave.

Last edited:
You don't know how much I wanted NFLN back tonight just to record this game. This isn't something you can go online and buy.

I was there. The snow was so fluffy, I remember it piling up on people's heads and shoulders ... Wow, we had a very average offense around a very young Tommy. Really like that defense, though.

You don't know how much I wanted NFLN back tonight just to record this game. This isn't something you can go online and buy.

I did awhile ago, great investment, though not sure if you can now or not. I think I got it off Yahoo auctions, which is closing down.

I was there. The snow was so fluffy, I remember it piling up on people's heads and shoulders ... Wow, we had a very average offense around a very young Tommy. Really like that defense, though.

The D doesn't seem to be getting much of a pass rush so far in this game. 2nd quarter

Didn't realize how much the CBS football jingle has changed, the old one sounds like it belongs on looney tunes.

Last edited:
This brings back memories from a time when just playing in let alone winning a playoff game AT HOME EVEN was going to be awesome. But when Adam tied this one I knew in my soul we were going to the superbowl. Just like when they came out of that tunnel in NO I knew we were (incredulously) going to win that game too.

This was magic of the type few franchises ever experience let alone get to treasure as the beginning of a dynasty. We've become a spoiled fanbase. We should never forget where we, and all this, came from.

Well Janakowski just scored Oakland's last points of this game. :D It's Brady time, and soon it will be all on the kicker so many here now love to hate.

God I love this team.

The beginning of the happiest era of my football loving life.

I can't believe the time has gone by so fast.

Brady taking possession on the last drive. Here comes the "tuck"!

Good times...

edit: ha! second last drive. Guess I dont remember this game perfectly.

Last edited:
Tuck rule controversy aside....Brady was just awesome in that game. If you didn't see greatness then and there you know nothing about football.

Tuck rule controversy aside....Brady was just awesome in that game. If you didn't see greatness then and there you know nothing about football.

Yup, that TD drive he was 9 for 9 for 81 yards and the only run was his TD run. Him, Wiggie, David and Troy were like a 4 man wrecking crew.

yikes, that is still so close. Every angle seems to look different. somelook like a fumble, another looks like he is hit high after the ball begins coming out.

Here is Vinateiri's kick. Goosebumps all over again,

Last edited:
Chucky's expressions are just priceless...

Watching it tonight I had forgotten just how dramatically worse that weather got in the final 2 minutes. The field and the footing were tough all night, but that wind and snow kicked into overdrive during that last drive. I noticed just before it, during that TO at 2:19 Belichick went to Brady and he seemed to be saying we need the 25. He got him to the 27.

I'd also forgotten what an incredible play that was when Wiggie snagged that tip off Patten and even had the presence of mind to set his toes inside the sideline while he gained control of that ball.

And now Redmonds great no quit run.

This game is what cemented the determined drive that has become a hallmark of the core of this team. If this team under these conditions could do what they did, anything was possible going forward. Converting a 4th and 4 in OT with a pass to keep driving into relative chipshot FG range.

This just underscores for me anew why I never understood those who claimed they couldn't honestly see the greatness in Brady until XXVI or XXXVIII.

anyone notice the flash to the scoreboard before the game winning FG? poor editing--already showing the 16-13 score before the kick...

Please, stop the madness!

I can't take it anymore. Hell, I haven't been able to take it since mid-December 2005. **** Charter.

I thought the thing ended kind of abruptly. Vinatieri is hoisted onto his teammates' shoulders after the game-winner and then immediate cut to Total Access. I wanted some post-game commentary.

This was my first time watching the game all the way through on TV, having been there in person. That was pretty funny when Sims said he got hit by a snowball and could see the fan who threw it. Why would anyone throw a snowball at Sims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots