PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

English Pats fans - FULL intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldEnglandPatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I thought I'd introduce myself, having found this forum last week; reading posts here helped me calm down a little after the incredibly frustrating loss at Denver.

I'm from England, and started following the Patriots in 1985 when 'American Football' was a new phenomenon on British TV. I wanted to pick a team to support, and at age 15 the best I could think of was to choose the team in red, white and blue with the word 'England' in their name. (My poor next door neighbour picked the Dolphins and has suffered ever since).

It was obviously an incredible bonus that Ray Berry's Patriots went on to surprise their way to the Superbowl that season.

Anyway, my level of support and interest has ebbed and flowed over the years, partly due to the difficulty of following the sport from across the Atlantic - I actually missed the Green Bay Superbowl entirely. But the dawn of the internet and satellite TV in England in recent years got me back into the sport and the Pats with a vengeance, and Superbowl 36 was the sporting highlight of my life... the entrance as a team sent shivers down my spine, and I fell totally in love with the new (to me) Patriots at that moment. The guys sacrificing that traditional moment of glory being introduced individually, to come out as a unit, that was something.

And now, I moved to Canada in October 2005 and suddenly can watch every Pats game on TV. That has been just awesome - but not as awesome as going to my first game. Drove through the snow from Ontario to Buffalo in December and enjoyed the Pats' comprehensive victory. I can't tell you how it felt to be sitting there watching Tom Brady and co in the flesh... something I never imagined I would get to do.

So that's me. I enjoy reading the board and expect to chip in from time to time.

OldEnglandPatriot said:
I thought I'd introduce myself, having found this forum last week; reading posts here helped me calm down a little after the incredibly frustrating loss at Denver.

I'm from England, and started following the Patriots in 1985 when 'American Football' was a new phenomenon on British TV. I wanted to pick a team to support, and at age 15 the best I could think of was to choose the team in red, white and blue with the word 'England' in their name. (My poor next door neighbour picked the Dolphins and has suffered ever since).

It was obviously an incredible bonus that Ray Berry's Patriots went on to surprise their way to the Superbowl that season.

Anyway, my level of support and interest has ebbed and flowed over the years, partly due to the difficulty of following the sport from across the Atlantic - I actually missed the Green Bay Superbowl entirely. But the dawn of the internet and satellite TV in England in recent years got me back into the sport and the Pats with a vengeance, and Superbowl 36 was the sporting highlight of my life... the entrance as a team sent shivers down my spine, and I fell totally in love with the new (to me) Patriots at that moment. The guys sacrificing that traditional moment of glory being introduced individually, to come out as a unit, that was something.

And now, I moved to Canada in October 2005 and suddenly can watch every Pats game on TV. That has been just awesome - but not as awesome as going to my first game. Drove through the snow from Ontario to Buffalo in December and enjoyed the Pats' comprehensive victory. I can't tell you how it felt to be sitting there watching Tom Brady and co in the flesh... something I never imagined I would get to do.

So that's me. I enjoy reading the board and expect to chip in from time to time.

A Very Patriotic Welcome Too!!

NEM said:
Ey??????????????? OK, so my response is really dumb, but at this time of the night I am stooping real low to get my post count up so I can get to 10,000. It is hard work but someone has to do it. :rolleyes:

Only 54 more to go! Post some bushisms on Zuma's thread and you'll get it in ten minutes. :D

Welcome to where YOU belong, as do all football fans in England. You said your next door neighbor was a Dolphin fan? Change your locks....we hate the Dolphins historically.....nothing of ANY value will ever come from any aqua and orange association.

Your NEXT step HAS to be attending a game at the Razor....if you show some stick to it -tiveness I'm sure some of the locals here can get you in to a game and a tailgate....I know I can....just remember, the PATRIOT fan is loyal....thick or thin, rain, snow, sleet, wind, freezing cold...nothing matters...just the red white and blue

thanks

Thank you. And believe me, getting to a home game is now top of my wish list. On that point, I'd be interested to know how difficult it really is. I mean, if I turn up and am prepared to pay a scalper, will I basically get in? My (American) girlfriend has friends in Providence so going to a game is not at all out of the question in terms of travel/somewhere to stay.

In the longer term there is a fair chance I might be living in Connecticut in a year or two... so I'll get there by hook or by crook.

But the immediate plan, having seen that we play at Detroit next season, is the short drive through Windsor to see that game. Girlfriend is a Detroiter so I'll get to that for sure.

Buffalo and then that, maybe I'll just watch the Patriots in road games where they are almost certain to win....

OldEnglandPatriot said:
Thank you. And believe me, getting to a home game is now top of my wish list. On that point, I'd be interested to know how difficult it really is. I mean, if I turn up and am prepared to pay a scalper, will I basically get in? My (American) girlfriend has friends in Providence so going to a game is not at all out of the question in terms of travel/somewhere to stay.

In the longer term there is a fair chance I might be living in Connecticut in a year or two... so I'll get there by hook or by crook.

But the immediate plan, having seen that we play at Detroit next season, is the short drive through Windsor to see that game. Girlfriend is a Detroiter so I'll get to that for sure.

Buffalo and then that, maybe I'll just watch the Patriots in road games where they are almost certain to win....

It's tough to get tickets these days (the price of being contenders lately) if you get a chance to come south in late summer, you might want to try and get to a training camp session. They are held at the back of the stadium area on their pratice fields. Obviously not the same as a game but you get to see the guys up close, and it's fun to sit on the grassy knoll in the summer sun!

Nice to have you neighbor.

wellcome on board from another european.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back