Welcome to PatsFans.com

Endgame in WI

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Mar 9, 2011.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +361 / 9 / -13

Senate decouple Collective Bargaining provisions votes to end CB by State Workers.

Glad to see some pols show some stones. Now we get to see liberal heads explode. The Fleegate pols rumored to be heading to Madison.
    :singing:;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. atomdomb

atomdomb Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Beat the libs at their own shady game. Touche.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,770 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

FleeBaggers epic fail in not living up to their duty ... you are what you are is proven once again.

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

FINALLY!!!!

What has been slowly destroying america for the past 50 years has been teachers and public employees who did not contribute to republican campaigns. We can finally rid our nation of his evil.

We should all smarten up, and contribute evey last dime we have to future PACS and campaigns of the GOP for fear that we might lose our rights to bargain.

So long America!!!!

Its been a great run, but like all empires, we have failed our population due to over exertion, greed and hubris.

Game over, BILLIONAIRES win!!!!!

What a country!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

Madison Metro driver highest paid city employee

Protecting the middle class, my ass!

6. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Scott Walker Gives Long-Time Crony Huge Pay Raise Milwaukee County First

Eye on Wisconsin: Capper Captures Walker's Words

Speaking of inappropriately posing for holy pictures, Walker made his very first ad about his 2002 campaign promise to give back $60,000 of his pay each year. Quite an odd thing to focus on when in 2008 (during the worst part of the Great Bush Recession) he arbitrarily decided to stop keeping that promise and gave himself a $50,000 raise. All the while, he was cutting important programs and sending other county workers to the unemployment line.

Are you OUTRAGED at Walkers pay raises?

7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I am sure that you can find extreme cases everywhere. I don't believe that this is representative of the whole. We will find out. The last word on this, will not be by the governor or the politicians of that state. The people will have the last word. If they think the politicians acted unfairly, they will have their day.

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

What goes around, comes around..

INOW payback is a bytch...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Hey, here's an idea. Hire more drivers, then you won't have to spend quite so much on overtime.

This is cute, unemployment's still bad and this city's giving double pay to a few of their employees instead of pulling some people off the unemployment rolls and you blame the friggin' drivers.

10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +492 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

This is all about greed in America. Not just public employees, but collectively, we are paying for our own greed. In my opinion, we were lead down this road by our gov't leaders...and yup, it was both democrats and republicans who enticed us by over-heating our economy for the past 20+ years.

I'm just as guilty. I was a guy who was making $27k as recently as 1997. And now I'm making...well, let's just say I now pay much more than $27k in taxes alone. I'm not bragging, I'm writing this because...well, because I want to make MORE! It's human nature, or at least it's a human short coming. Now take my experience and paint it across the nation to both private and public sector workers and we can see why this happened.

The problem the public sector has is that their incomes are dependent upon our paying taxes. And as long as our taxes don't increase, we never bothered to notice. But then the sh1t hit the fan in states and municipalities across the nation...and here we sit arguing over our very own greed.

It had to end sometime, didn't it?

Just remember, this isn't the end of anything. It's just part of history happening in the present tense. Who knows where it will lead us, but it's not something I'm happy about or take satisfaction in. We are a nation of people, not an economic engine we're trying to fix. But ironically, without that engine or even a replacement engine, we'll all suffer...and we are.

11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

The reality is for many municipalities it is less expensive to pay overtime to this magnitude, than hire a couple of new drivers...

Wait a minute these are municipal employees, not state employees.. raisin and grapefruit comparison.. there will anecdotal evidence such as this, but for most SEIU folks are 9-5 employees, most are also women making about 30 to 40K per year.

12. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

I have yet to see a post from you where you don't stick some petty, completely unsolicited partisan jab in somewhere. Completely unnecessary almost every time, but you just can't help yourself.

To me, that is the very definition of trolling. And you're in a position of power here?

13. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Governor Russ Feingold,

Pack your bags, you'll be moving to Madison in about 9 months.

-Holy Diver

14. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Good one. I always like the guy.

15. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +824 / 7 / -2

This is exactly why they opt to pay overtime instead of hiring new people. Hiring a new person means an added soup to nuts benefits package on top of a years salary. I'd bet there are other factors as well, like having to guarantee employment for a specific time period, or maybe some other language in the different deals the union might have with a specific city or municipality. Plus, alot of the existing union members prefer the OT to new hires, so it's not as if the members look to direct their reps to have more people hired. Bob the driver doesn't want his rep to push for more people if it means he isn't going to get $50k's worth of OT. So its not in the members financial interest to have new hires come in. It works both ways so to speak.

If it costs you $101k to hire a teacher, or fill in the job title (bus drivers $60k or cop $100k, etc.) then it's probably more fiscally prudent to give OT to a handfull of people. Not always, but you can see where that might make sense in some cases.

17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

You know this how??, did some guy tell you this?? In reality most folks take a lot of shifts because there is always the threat that this much OT will end soon.. in reality it does not, these many hours are a young man's game.. there are many more who do not want or like overtime. But it is often cheaper to pay OT than to bring in more help..

It is costs you $101K to hire a teacher??? How did they get in the overtime argument...

There are no guarantees for any length of employment if employee x gets hired on March 15 and on April 15th there are layoffs employee x gets laid off first.. it is the way unions work if there are layoffs the least senior folks go first.

18. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +339 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

I don't EVER WANT OT, screw that. I'd rather some per diem guy take it. And OT does cost more, much more. time and a half.

19. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +339 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Scott Walker is Through as a politician, he will Never be elected again, in Wiss or anywhere else other than maybe Texas. He lied about his intentions, is on the take for the Koch brothers, and has created complete havoc in Wisconsin. Last night was the icing on the cake I thought W was dictatorial some times, Walker makes W look like Ghandi. I could easily see him lasting only a year.

20. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +88 / 1 / -2

#11 Jersey

Can anyone find the real numbers on Wisconsin's budget deficit? How much money will the State save with this move?

Is it true that Walker has increased spending and provided tax breaks to employers in the State?

I've looked around all morning and can't find any hard facts.