Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Chris Carters article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cc-afcpoints011406&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"The Patriots looked like the teams they beat in their 10 previous postseason games. The turnovers were uncharacteristically made by key players, too.

We knew the Patriots were going to have a game like this, though. It was just a matter of when it was going to happen. They had a great run, and I think this defeat will put an end to New England's status as a championship contender."

email Chris Carter at:
http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/sports/cgi_carter

What an FN tool this guy is. Maybe him never sniffing a championship left him salty.

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks Chris. He is right that we looked as foolish against Denver as we often make teams look against us. There's no reason to think that it's all over, though.

What a dink. Is he back on drugs?

What a stupid thing to say. One postseason game in which we look bad and all of the sudden we are finished forever. Isn't that what people were saying when we didn't make the playoffs in 2002? What a tool.

PATSNUTme said:
What a dink. Is he back on drugs?

He is such a little puke!!! If memory serves, BB made some comments about his diminished skills when he was with Miami and Carter has hated him and the Patriots ever since. I am sick of these biased media people taking it as a personal victory that the Patriots will not be in the SB this year.....like they had something to do with our losing!

It is hard to think that in two weeks we will no longer be Super Bowl Champions..... No hate mail please, but I remember thinking during the Sox last playoff game, when it was evident they were going to lose, how much fun it was to have the WS Champion and the Super Bowl Champion be ours at the same time. I think that is why the loss to Denver is so hard to get over is because we are losing our title and not just a shot at another one! :(

This just makes Carter look more like an idiot than he already is. There are very few "experts" that do not think that we will be in the mix again next year!

What a moron. How come when the Colts choke every year, they are still a contender the next year, but when the Patriots have one bad game in 5 years, they are all of a sudden not a contender. Some members of the media are a joke.

FSUPatsFan said:
What a moron. How come when the Colts choke every year, they are still a contender the next year, but when the Patriots have one bad game in 5 years, they are all of a sudden not a contender. Some members of the media are a joke.

Excellent point. I'm sure by the time the season opener rolls around this year, the media will all get collective amnesia and proclaim the Colts as the team to beat....yet again.

Last edited:
NEWSFLASH!

The Patriots players hate their coach!!! LMAO!!! :D

MrTibbs said:
Chris Carters article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cc-afcpoints011406&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"The Patriots looked like the teams they beat in their 10 previous postseason games. The turnovers were uncharacteristically made by key players, too.

We knew the Patriots were going to have a game like this, though. It was just a matter of when it was going to happen. They had a great run, and I think this defeat will put an end to New England's status as a championship contender."

email Chris Carter at:
http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/sports/cgi_carter

What an FN tool this guy is. Maybe him never sniffing a championship left him salty.

Sure Chris, like it was over for the 49ers in 1985, or the Steelers in 1975. I like HBO's Inside the NFL except for him. He has the worst singsong voice ever when they let him do an interview.

Bella*chick said:
Excellent point. I'm sure by the time the season opener rolls around this year, the media will all get collective amnesia and proclaim the Colts as the team to beat....yet again.

I don't know. It might be once burned (actually two or three now) twice shy with the Colts from here on out. This Steeler team looks scary now with Roethlisberger playing so well. They may become the team to beat, while N.E. flies beneath the radar still.

Fanfrom1960 said:
I don't know. It might be once burned (actually two or three now) twice shy with the Colts from here on out. This Steeler team looks scary now with Roethlisberger playing so well. They may become the team to beat, while N.E. flies beneath the radar still.

You could very well be right. I did a search on Peyton Manning and was delighted with all the negative articles that turned up. Maybe everyone has finally learned.

If the Steelers become the team to beat after this year (especially if they win the SB) at least the rep will be deserved, unlike the Colts...who have never done anything to deserve their yearly anointing as Superbowl champs-to-be.

Yahoo sports? Click.

Again, it forces me to ask a big question.....

What the hell would Cris Carter know about a championship run? This guy is nothing but a Jerry Rice wanna-be. The only "run" that he would know about would be the one to his dope dealer.

EZ76

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye