PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of game weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
1. Was it odd that the Pats were taking knees at the end when there would still be time left instead of running for the first down to seal the game? I can't recall, in recent memory, the Patriots ever taking a knee if it would still leave time on the clock.

2. Was it odd that Hall wasted 2/3s of the time the team had left dancing around the endzone. How could he not realize that as soon as he didn't have the initial opening, dancing around would only get the opening to become smaller.

1. Was it odd that the Pats were taking knees at the end when there would still be time left instead of running for the first down to seal the game? I can't recall, in recent memory, the Patriots ever taking a knee if it would still leave time on the clock.

I think it was such a weird situation that the Pats figured they could stop them with what little time was left (I think that's why Belichick was so torqued by the quick whistle).

2. Was it odd that Hall wasted 2/3s of the time the team had left dancing around the endzone. How could he not realize that as soon as he didn't have the initial opening, dancing around would only get the opening to become smaller.

Two words: situational football. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye