PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Encouraging Answer from Reiss on Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
It's slow news time, so I'll start a thread. If there is one question I'd like to ask someone with access to the workouts, it's this.

From the mailbag...

Mike, can you give me an injury update on the players you can, as in, what is going on with Vince Wilfork, Gronk, Mayo, Vollmer, Kelly and Amendola??? I have heard Easley was out on the practice filed on the last day of Mini-camps; is that a sign hes going to be ready for week#1??? Thanks

Mike

Derek, from the "best guesses" department, I think every player you mentioned has a very good chance to be ready for the season opener.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/50820/patriots-with-mike-reiss

Thanks for posting this optimistic opinion.

I don't suppose anyone has better contacts with the team than Mike R. but when he says he's guessing, I believe he means it -- he's not telling you that someone told him something unattributably (which is what it would mean with the beat reporters for half of the other teams).

But not for everyone:

I've pretty much crossed off Armstead at this point -- something going on there that is keeping him off the field and no indication it is changing at this point.

Thanks for posting this optimistic opinion.

I don't suppose anyone has better contacts with the team than Mike R. but when he says he's guessing, I believe he means it -- he's not telling you that someone told him something unattributably (which is what it would mean with the beat reporters for half of the other teams).

But not for everyone:

I think he knows as much as anyone on him, which is nothing. Season opener? Probably not.

He hasn't been cut, though.

It's slow news time, so I'll start a thread. If there is one question I'd like to ask someone with access to the workouts, it's this.

From the mailbag...

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/50820/patriots-with-mike-reiss
Let us hope that it remains the case moving forward. I am confident in Mayo and Vollmer being 100% and not having any setbacks or a reinjury. Kelly and Wilfork because of their age you cannot help but be cautiously optimistic about them. Amendola I am curious if not having a surgical procedure will lead to a setback, but reports suggest that his injury essentially did what surgery would have done so I could be wrong.

Let us hope that it remains the case moving forward. I am confident in Mayo and Vollmer being 100% and not having any setbacks or a reinjury. Kelly and Wilfork because of their age you cannot help but be cautiously optimistic about them. Amendola I am curious if not having a surgical procedure will lead to a setback, but reports suggest that his injury essentially did what surgery would have done so I could be wrong.

Right. No surgery necessary, or possible.

Right. No surgery necessary, or possible.

Yeah, like you said, if surgery would have been necessary for Amendola, I think we'd have seen it sometime in early to mid February, or even March at the latest like in Dobson's case since they were waiting to see if AD healed on his own first.

Great Reiss quote:

Do I think the Patriots have the Jets' playbook? Yes, because it's online for you, me and anyone else to have too (2010 version).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes