PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Employee in Bathroom w. balls for 90 secs

Felger is unbearable, I tried listening, it's impossible.
The way he annunciates his words is annoying, especially his T's. no I didn'T, whaTT, yeSS maZZ.

He's not a good enough radio host to survive in New England without trolling. It's really that simple.

90 seconds isn't enough time to deflate balls or pee, IMO. He probably went to check himself out in the mirror and went about his business. Why is the NFL still leaking info to the press? Apparently, Goodell does not want the public to view the upcoming victory as legitimate.

90 seconds isn't enough time to deflate balls or pee, IMO. He probably went to check himself out in the mirror and went about his business. Why is the NFL still leaking info to the press? Apparently, Goodell does not want the public to view the upcoming victory as legitimate.
I can definitely pee in 90 seconds. Probably can't pee and wash my hands in 90 seconds though. Those balls probably had pee all over them. #peegate

How can you listen to them? I really really tried, but I can't do it.....

My wife asked, "why are you watching those a-holes?" and I realized the only reason to watch them was if you wanted to get angry, or dumber...... so I'm out

I am not watching any of this, but only because I don't have the opportunity.

I am on Facebook, and these questions have occurred to me. I post once a month. But I read almost every day for about 15 minutes. Like watching a car wreck. Some of your acquaintances are just batty... and it's like a window into their lives. Can't help it.

Disregard the science that's been presented because it's debatable but we know exactly what that kid did in the bathroom. Makes sense to me

Really? :rolleyes:

People are seriously making this argument?

The Pats better put a SB 24-esque beatdown on the Hawks. I mean curb-stomp them right out of the building.

The Pats better put a SB 24-esque beatdown on the Hawks. I mean, curb-stomp them right out of the building.
There is no shortage of people out there who believe that doing in the 12 balls in 90 seconds is a no brainer.

The Pats better put a SB 24-esque beatdown on the Hawks. I mean curb-stomp them right out of the building.

Bite the Curb Scene from American History X:

How many times have you seen Blount throw a football into the stands? He knew what was up, and acted quickly and accordingly. Only 11 were deflated.

You need to put a smiley somewhere - on the scale from reasonable to full-out-idiocy for theories thrown around in the last days, your hypothesis barely makes it into the top 50%.

I'm just dismayed at the mean-spirited, vicious mass-hysteria shown not just by bloggers and every other a-hole with a twitter account, but by supposedly serious news outlets. Everyone with half a brain should see that "there is no there there" - there's is no evidence that anything happened at all. Assume something actually did happen, there's no evidence it is was a deliberate act by the Pats. Assume something was done to the ball and assume it was done by the Pats: Who give's a f*ck compared compared to any number of transgressions by any of the teams in the league. Absolute worst case the league should have told the Pats to cut it out and moved on.

Has anyone tried to get 12 balls deflated in 90 seconds yet on ESPN? I'm going to be disappointed if they don't.

Disregard the science that's been presented because it's debatable but we know exactly what that kid did in the bathroom. Makes sense to me

There is nothing debatable about the Patriots replicating the exact happenings of game day and recording the corresponding pressure of the football. Not unless you replicate the happenings and get substantially different results.
Belichick knows what happened, and he proved it. Anyone disputing it has failed to challenge it properly.

There is nothing debatable about the Patriots replicating the exact happenings of game day and recording the corresponding pressure of the football. Not unless you replicate the happenings and get substantially different results.
Belichick knows what happened, and he proved it. Anyone disputing it has failed to challenge it properly.

the statement was tongue-in-cheek, mimicking the response of media to the current situation.

the statement was tongue-in-cheek, mimicking the response of media to the current situation.
I know I was adding to it

I propose 2 experiments (or 1 2-part experiment)

Take 24 balls filled to 12.5 psi at 70 degrees, give 12 to a guy with an inflation needle/gauge and give him 90 seconds to drop them by 1 to 2 psi each (same situation he would have had, zipped bag, etc.). Make note of how successful he was. Then take all 24 balls to a 45 degree (1/2 time, not kickoff temp) fridge and leave them for 2 hours. Retest all 24 balls and see which gtoup is closer to the ones tested at halftime.

but nobody will do that, they want the Pats to be guilty

Take 24 balls filled to 12.5 psi at 70 degrees, give 12 to a guy with an inflation needle/gauge and give him 90 seconds to drop them by 1 to 2 psi each (same situation he would have had, zipped bag, etc.). Make note of how successful he was. Then take all 24 balls to a 45 degree (1/2 time, not kickoff temp) fridge and leave them for 2 hours. Retest all 24 balls and see which gtoup is closer to the ones tested at halftime.

whoo whoo there buddy.....that's science

NFL is afraid of that malarkey

The most obvious part is that even if the kid could have tampered with the balls in the bathroom they still would have deflated even MORE when exposed to the elements ad would probably been << 10psi.

I've been thinking about your experiment and I can't see any way it could help us convict the dirty rotten cheaters, therefore there's no reason to do it.

Maybe a climate science denier can explain how a ball attendant letting 2 psi out of a ball can result in a ball 2 psi under regulation, when that ball would already be 2 psi under regulation because of climate. If the ball attendant really let air out of the ball, it would stand to reason that the ball would be 3-4 pounds under regulation (deflation by the attendant + deflation by atmospheric conditions).

At any rate, it stands to reason that the ball attendant is trained not to let the balls out of his sight, so takes them into the bathroom. I think it would be hard to deflate the balls in 90 seconds, since you'd have to take each ball out of the bag, deflate it, put it aside, and then put the balls back in the bag.

The NFL's behavior is on this matter is really bizarre, and if there is no scandal involving the Pats (and I do not think there is), then it will be interesting to figure out what the real scandal is. So far, a lot of rumors do seem to point back to people who have reason to dislike or be jealous of the Pats.

The most obvious part is that even if the kid could have tampered with the balls in the bathroom they still would have deflated even MORE when exposed to the elements ad would probably been << 10psi.

It really is amazing how quickly people can pretend basic laws of science don't exist if they don't suit your agenda.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back