PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Employee in Bathroom w. balls for 90 secs

Pissgate? :)
Seriously though I'm waiting to see if there really is a video. So far we have an unnamed source telling Jay Glazer that it exists. Do you think the Patriots saw it? Perhaps before Belichick's physics lesson.

The tactic of saying you have more and hoping the "suspect" screws up is old. Heck, I know it from cop shows.

It does mean the NFL is definitely adversarial. Of course, we knew that. Someone tell Bob. :)

Boomer Esiason said they did it on Inside the NFL (not yet aired) and said it took 10 seconds.

So 11 X 10 = 110 seconds, not even accounting for time to remove and repack the footballs.

Does anyone have an ice pick? I accidentally peeked at the PFT comments and now I'd like to stab myself in the eyes and end any association I might have with humanity.

Aha! In the confusion of balls in the bag, the kid screwed up and deflated one ball twice!

So, one is 2 below (the one Jackson intercepted).

10 are 1 below.

1 is full!

Solved!

OMG, this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

I heard 11 were about 1.5 under and one was a little less than that under. Not one was "full".

Who cares if it was a zipper bag. He would still have had to take them all out of the bag one of the time and then loaded them all back in the bag. And that would be the fastest way to do it. If he kept them in the bag and took one out at a time and put it back in the bag it would be even more time to manage.
he could've dump them out all at once.

I just can't believe how stupid all this is getting....really grasping at straws. I can't wait to see what else they pull out of their collective ***es before this is all over.

Good thing the kid didn't need to "take the Browns to the Superbowl"....:)

i still think the whole 90 seconds think is ridiculous. do you know how hard it is to find the stupid pin hole? i know from my past experiences, i get so frustrated when attempting to pump up a ball bc it takes forever to find that damn hole. to find 12 of them instantaneously, then stick the needle in (and we all know if you go to fast the stupid needle breaks). its absurd to think 10 in 90 seconds is possible. i bet it would be impossible to find all 10 holes in 90 seconds

None of it makes sense. How on earth is this guy supposed to precisely deflate 12 balls to Brady's liking in 90 seconds?

That's absurd.

Ok, forgive me for being lazy and if this has already been touched upon, but Has anyone said anything about this point?

Are they saying he went into the Bathroom AFTER the Refs inspected them and approved of them?

This is kind of a VERY important point, because if this was BEFORE he submitted them to the Refs, why is it even a point of contention? And I am not sure I can even add more to emphasize how important that point is.

If the Ball boy was given the balls back AFTER they were inspected and approved, THEN I can see this being scrutinized, but even still, to take them out or even dump them all out, these ARE Footballs after all, they will BOUNCE all round. I don`t even see how its possible for someone to accurately get them all the same.

Because I assume if your aim WAS to CHEAT you would wan`t them ALL to be the same? NO? Most definitely YES.

And since Tom has already stated once he touches and approves of the Balls he wan`ts, he doesn`t want ANYONE to tamper with them in any way.

And heres another HUGE question to ask, if it was AFTER they were inspected and approved.....Why would the Refs then give them back to a PATRIOTS employee? And if that IS the case, it may support the sting operation aspect.

If it was BEFORE they were inspected this all MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

AND WHY EVEN DO IT AT ALL IF MOTHER NATURE HAS ALREADY BEEN PROVEN TO TAKE IT DOWN AS MUCH AS 1.9 PSI? How stupid do you have to be to even think any of this is important? Is it really any wonder why America is going down the crapper? No not really, not all all.

I heard 11 were about 1.5 under and one was a little less than that under. Not one was "full".
Thats because it has already been proven by actual Science that each Ball has its own characteristic and deflates at different rates, and being that the Balls are leather it does HAVE an impact on the results, or rather rain soaked leather has an impact on the end results.

Well, Huffington Post is certainly doing a widespread and enthusiastic smear job on the Pats, complete with misleading headlines and inaacurate reporting. Multiple stories about what legendary cheaters they are. CNN (the website anyway) seems to have wised up a bit.

Didn't NFL Network already say it takes 10 seconds to bring it down 2 PSI?

Probably does't include the ball removal/replacement, so we are looking at 2 min + ball removal replacement/replacement. Story disproved.

Well, Huffington Post is certainly doing a widespread and enthusiastic smear job on the Pats, complete with misleading headlines and inaacurate reporting. Multiple stories about what legendary cheaters they are. CNN (the website anyway) seems to have wised up a bit.
You know, honestly, at this point , we should all be able to laugh at this, cause anyone who decides to continue on with Bathoom story, has to be a little short in the Brains dept, they`re only embarassing themselves and showing everyone just how stupid they really are.We should be embarassed for them ultimately.

Thier rational thought process has been seriously compromised, and they`re simply not able to use all that their Brains have to offer, which probably is limited to begin with.

I see some well know TV commentators talking about deflategate, but while they`re at it, they just couldn`t resisit taking a pot shot at Brady and his Wife, that tells you rght there, allot of this is simply good old fashioned jealousy and nothing more.

NFL network probably meant 10 seconds for all 12.

Still don't know if this person is a pats employee or not.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back