PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Employee in Bathroom w. balls for 90 secs

Forgot the fact that the refs mark every ball?

Good call! I hadn't thought of that. That'll shut him up--at least for now. Thanks!

This is really easy to prove. If the ball attendant goes to the "bathroom" every week prior to the game with the bag of balls, obviously something shady is going on. If this was just a coincidence (i.e., that he had to use the restroom prior to the game) then no big deal. the NFL needs to be looking at gillette survellience from previous weeks.
Oh, come the $#@! on. He probably does go to the can before every game. Most people do that when they know they probably won't get another chance for a few hours.

"Obviously, something shady is going on?" Do you have money on the Pats being guilty, or something?

Oh, come the $#@! on. He probably does go to the can before every game. Most people do that when they know they probably won't get another chance for a few hours.

Do you have money on the Pats being guilty, or something?

you don't think someone who has a bag of balls with him in the bathroom before every game isn't suspicious? If he has to go, why can't he go before getting the footballs from the refs?

This is really easy to prove. If the ball attendant goes to the "bathroom" every week prior to the game with the bag of balls, obviously something shady is going on. If this was just a coincidence (i.e., that he had to use the restroom prior to the game) then no big deal. the NFL needs to be looking at gillette survellience from previous weeks.

While I generally agree, I do worry...if this kid's at all neurotic like I am we'd be in trouble. I have the same routine for dozens of things, at work, at home, that I follow every day. If this kid takes a quick leak before heading out to 3-4 hours of work in front of thousands of people would it really be all that strange or 'conclusive'?

I don't know...I'd certainly be more skeptical but I don't think it would prove anything.

you don't think someone who has a bag of balls with him in the bathroom before every game isn't suspicious? If he has to go, why can't he go before getting the footballs from the refs?
Someone's bathroom habits are of no concern to me when it comes to the topic of ball tampering, especially in light of everything else we're learning. Most people are creatures of habit. Some people just will not ever accept that the Pats didn't tamper, and will keep drinking from the Well of ****amamie Theories.

While I generally agree, I do worry...if this kid's at all neurotic like I am we'd be in trouble. I have the same routine for dozens of things, at work, at home, that I follow every day. If this kid takes a quick leak before heading out to 3-4 hours of work in front of thousands of people would it really be all that strange or 'conclusive'?

I don't know...I'd certainly be more skeptical but I don't think it would prove anything.

i don't know - does the kid time it so he goes to the restroom 10 minutes before every game? I suppose if he's the type that gets nervous in front of a big crowd.

BTW, the latest article by Florio is embarrassing even from him. A source said it is easy to deflate 11 balls in 90 seconds clearly has an agenda against the Patriots. Maybe if they were all lined up and all the employee had to do is an assembly line type of deflation (even then I doubt it), but to take all the balls out and put them back in the bag is probably going to take 20-30 seconds alone.

BTW, Boomer Esiason said on Toucher and Rich this morning that they deflated a ball on Inside the NFL 2 PSI and he said it took 10 second to do.

Someone's bathroom habits are of no concern to me when it comes to the topic of ball tampering, especially in light of everything else we're learning. Most people are creatures of habit. Some people just will not ever accept that the Pats didn't tamper, and will keep drinking from the Well of ****amamie Theories.

I'm not an expert in when people use the restroom. I suppose some people have a "schedule" for that sort of stuff. Most people will go when they have to go - whether it's 10 minutes before a game or 30 minutes after a game.

OMG, I've reached critical can't even. Time to make a sandwich.

i don't know - does the kid time it so he goes to the restroom 10 minutes before every game? I suppose if he's the type that gets nervous in front of a big crowd.

It wouldn't have to be nerves. He's handling game balls, if he disappeared to take a quick piss at some point I think he'd be looking for a new job on Monday.

I don't want to read much into this, I think it's a complete non-starter. I'm just saying I know from experience that the routine itself--if this is shown to be a routine--can't be considered conclusive by any stretch because there are millions of people who are a little neurotic about things like this.

No longer #deflate-gate. It is now #defe-gate.
No longer the super bowl, it is now the toilet bowl.

There is a logical and methodical way to approach this low air pressure. Just like I approach diagnosing any type of problem with a car, or the cops investigating a crime.
First, did something happen. Yes, it is verifiable the balls were soft.
Second, how did it happen and was it intentional. That is something that hasn't been verified.
Third, why did it happen. That cannot be ascertained until we know #2.
Fourth, who did it if it was an intentional act. Again, that cannot be ascertained until we know #2 & 3.

Yet all these haters are already at step 4 without having the foggiest clue of 1, 2, and 3. People that accuse people of wrongdoing with out proof are not people that should be trusted, and I will stop trusting them.

I will have something to say to some "friends" and acquaintances when this is over. But, unlike them, I will wait for a factual conclusion. You can bet on one thing, I have some facebook "friends" that are going to know exactly why they can no longer post on my page.

Remember guys, if people don't believe the basic science of balls losing pressure with a temperature change, do you think they will understand how impossible it would be to alter the pressure of 12-24 footballs by exactly 2 PSI in 90's in a bathroom?

Is there any reason why people keep on saying 2 PSI?

Did I miss a tweet or something? I thought it was one ball at 10.5 and the others are supposedly around 11.5?

Found the video

toilet-flush-o.gif

wow...florio on dan patrick show says they need to find out if 12 balls deflated in 90 secs is possible but some say it is possible and we wont know until we had a camera inside the bathroom

Doesn't federal law prohibit that?

I cannot believe this. 12 balls in 90 seconds??????? To be perfectly deflated to the specifications of Tom Brady???????

Mike Florio and the media......

I have no words.........

How can these people get away with this??????/

I'm completely at a loss for words.

THIS article by him shuts the door on him (or any of the characters in the comments section who are agreeing with him) being anywhere near sane and rational.

OK, Florio, I can now believe Luxembourg was behind 9/11.

If they didn't then it's completely impossible to prove and they'll always have the bathroom. ********.

There is such a thing as a "conspiracy theory mindset" which leads people to all sorts of irrational conclusions.

My personal favorite is that people who believe the conspiracy theory that Osama bin Laden was dead before the raid to kill him are more likely to believe that he is still alive today. [Think about that for a moment.]

Simple thing is if ball boy denies it, story is over. This is not some major criminal proceeding. If he admitted anything we would have heard by now. So what is NFL waiting for?

Is there any reason why people keep on saying 2 PSI?

Did I miss a tweet or something? I thought it was one ball at 10.5 and the others are supposedly around 11.5?
EVERY SINGLE comment about the psi of the footballs is rumor and speculation.
No one has confirmed any information about what the balls tested at, yet most people are drawing conclusions based upon one of the conflicting rumors.

QUESTION:

What kind of idiots get OBSESSED with this kind of issue as if it's an important part of their lives?

ANSWER:

Too many people outside New England and too many Patsfans....what is wrong with everyone?!!

Do you wake up and run to the internet just to grab onto the latest PSI news?

I'm disgusted with opposing fans and my fellow Patriots fans....time to grow up people.

I cannot believe this. 12 balls in 90 seconds??????? To be perfectly deflated to the specifications of Tom Brady???????

Mike Florio and the media......

I have no words.........

How can these people get away with this??????/

I'm completely at a loss for words.

THIS article by him shuts the door on him (or any of the characters in the comments section who are agreeing with him) being anywhere near sane and rational.

OK, Florio, I can now believe Luxembourg was behind 9/11.

Even if you could do 1 ball in 10 sec as they did on the tube, how do you factor in taking a dozed balls out of the bag deflating them to Brady's specs and putting them back in the bag.

The Pats hating corner in the NFL HQ is pulling out all the stops to pressure the Pats. Makes Kraft's FU to the league last night MORE IMPORTANT.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back