PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Emmitt Smith's insight into football operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just heard this on Sunday's NFL countdown on ESPN: Emmitt opined that McNabb must be offended that the owners did not come out in public and say that he must be the starting QB.

Now, when the team's well respected coach having full control of the team has made it clear who his choice is, do the players expect the OWNER to step up and make similar statements in PUBLIC??

Considering that Emmitt was a star player, I cannot help but get intrigued by his thought that McNabb will be offended because of the owner's silence in public. Far cry from how I thought football operations are carried out in this modern era, especially when the coach is doing a good job. Curious to know what others think.

I think Emmit played for an organization whose owner loves to talk and be in the spotlight so he may be basing his opinion off of that.

I think Emmitt is a life-sized bobble-head incapable of coherent thought or speech.

ESPN just being themselves , trying to make news. Eagles run the organization ,closest to the way the pats run it . Not much info is gleaned from andy reid just like BB so ESPN starts to make controversy.
Iam actually rooting for philly to make the playoffs now.

Emmitt is SOOO bad... just a disgrace. He's almost as bad as Irvin.

Maybe Emmitt's brain got 'blowed up'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye