PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Emmitt Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
watching him on ESPN now...i think he is the worst TV analyst ever. i know irvin was annoying and hoge with his steelers homerism bugs people but they at least something useful at times, but emitt smith has no clue what he says and looks out of place when he speaks.

Re: Emitt smith

Smith is the worst, ESPN went for the big name instead of someone who was good, that is disappointing. Michael Irvin was much better, Keyshawn is very good too.

watching him on ESPN now...i think he is the worst TV analyst ever. i know irvin was annoying and hoge with his steelers homerism bugs people but they at least something useful at times, but emitt smith has no clue what he says and looks out of place when he speaks.

I agree and feel the same way about Marshall Faulk.

That man is amazingly, embarrassingly, stupid. As in, STOO-PID! There are so many ex-players who are better analysts (Marshall Faulk not being one of them). Why does a guy being a star automatically qualify him as a commentator?

He strikes me as being a really arrogant guy, at least that comes across when I see him on TV. Like, he acts really smarmy.

Whatever, it seems like it's hard to find recent ex-players who are any good as analysts.

Actually, as annoying as he can be, Tiki I think does a good job. He speaks well, he's comfortable in front of the cameras, he's honest...He needs to get off the Giants' back, but he's one recent ex-player who is not bad.

I think it's a BLAST to watch Emmitt. He's not only dumb and bad on TV but - perhaps most entertaining of all - he's a bit of a panicker. He just freezes. It's hilarious.

I think it's a BLAST to watch Emmitt. He's not only dumb and bad on TV but - perhaps most entertaining of all - he's a bit of a panicker. He just freezes. It's hilarious.

true..i think it was the third week and was asked which winless team is in most trouble or something and after all the analysts gave their opinions..he says chargers. He was quickly corrected and they went to a break :)

What about Tiki Barber??? I can't stand him on TV. He doesn't have a clue either. He does have giagantic super white teeth and he lets everybody know it. The video crew must have to white balance just for his mouth!

i loved it when they ask him what the bengals can do to end the 16-0 talk.. his response "i dont know".. how about beat the pats? its not that hard there genious..

he analyzed morris and all he kept saying..
"let his eyes follow his feet"

hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes