PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Emmanuel Sanders wanted to be a Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize this is Sanders just trolling us, as in us Pats fans, right? We only made a qualifying tender for Sanders because that's all we could do. He was an RFA at the time. If the Steelers didn't match there is still a chance he wouldn't be playing for us this year.

Don't take the bait.

I don't know what happened to Amendola. Last preseason and in Game 1 vs. Buffalo, he was the guy I expected...last year, he was clearly hindered. Then the off-season surgery, and this year, he's done little - until last week.

Hmmm, seems like something happened. Maybe a search through the newspaper archives...

Peyton and whatever receivers he has are going to put up numbers early season. Without being at the top of our game yet, we are one game behind them.

Peyton can have the mythical first half Super Bowl as far as I'm concerned. All I care about is our team and with Edelman, LaFell, Gronk Wright and the potential of the once again acrobatic Amendola, and the better of Tyms and Dobson, I think our offense will be gelling when it counts, if we have a running game.

Who gives a flying fart what fantasy numbers Denver puts up? It's called fantasy for a reason.

Now that we have the emotional idiot analysis and commentary satisfied...............

Let's get back to reality.

The Patriots made a $3.25M offer which the Steelers had to match or receive a compensatory pick (3rd round).

Pittsburgh chose to match a few hours before the deadline.

This happened in April 2013.

What numb nuts above and many others seem to forget is by this going down in April 2013, the match occurred fully two months before the Hernandez thing went down.
Do you not remember the fact that A. It was 2.5 mill, get your numbers right if you're going to try and correct someone, and B. The Pats easily could have throw another mill to Sanders to steal him and eventually get him to sign an extension.

Plus wtf does signing ES have to do with AHern? lloyd was gone. Sanders could have filled in perfectly, especially with JE eventual surfacing as a beast.

Do you not remember the fact that A. It was 2.5 mill, get your numbers right if you're going to try and correct someone, and B. The Pats easily could have throw another mill to Sanders to steal him and eventually get him to sign an extension.

Plus wtf does signing ES have to do with AHern? lloyd was gone. Sanders could have filled in perfectly, especially with JE eventual surfacing as a beast.

Not meaning to get in the middle of your debate, but you are certainly correct with your statement that it was a 2.5 million dollar offer to Sanders, not the 3.25m that was quoted.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...atch-patriots-offer-emmanuel-sanders/2082527/

Since there was a lot of talk that they didn't even know whether or not they wanted to match the 2.5m dollar offer, one can assume that they probably wouldn't have matched the 3.25m, had it been another 750k.

I think patsfanincleveland has a point too though, that just because we may have brought him over for 2013, that doesn't mean that we'd necessarily still have him for 2014 and beyond. Who knows what would have happened after the one year tender, had Pittsburgh decided not to match?

Don't panic boys, we got Lafell who is in pace for beating the reord of offensive yards in penalties and Amendola. Don't worry we will be fine.

You do realize this is Sanders just trolling us, as in us Pats fans, right? We only made a qualifying tender for Sanders because that's all we could do. He was an RFA at the time. If the Steelers didn't match there is still a chance he wouldn't be playing for us this year.

Don't take the bait.

He's talking about this past offseason when he was a UFA

denver also got tj ward, vasquez, ware, etc,etc..

so much for the myth that spending in free agency doesn't equal wins. but at least kraft is happy that we saved some money. maybe he'll reinvest into the revs!:D

It might mean wins right now, but it doesn't mean longevity. You screw yourself over eventually. When the Broncos have done what we have over 14 years then come back to me. Our period of dominanance is a slap in the face to the parity the nfl wanted from the salary cap era. The cap can be beaten.

I'm calling bs on a lot of this. Every player says they wanted to be on every team. It usually just seems they want the best paycheck

Manning does not and has never utilized the slot WR as much as Brady.

Dallas Clark, Austin Collie, Brandon Stokely.... Manning always used the slot a ton.

The Pats didn't "throw" an extra mil to Sanders, because up til this year, he quite frankly wasn't worth it.

People forget, that the general feeling in Pittsburgh when we signed him to the offer sheet was they wanted the 3rd round pick over the player. And that was after losing Wallace to FA, and being short on receivers. Up until his last season their, he was the third option behind Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace. He was practically run out of Pittsburgh, but yet people here always knew he was the second coming of Jerry Rice...:rolleyes:

Ahhhhhhh.........Hernandez has everything to do with it because who is on the roster prioritizes where a player stands in the offense and what money a team allocates.

Based on the roster in April 2013, Sanders is at best the 4th receiver and maybe the 6th overall option.

Also, review the timeline again. Did you know in April 2013 that in two months....Hernandez would be arrested?

In 2014, Lafell is the bigger, more physical receiver.

Not meaning to get in the middle of your debate, but you are certainly correct with your statement that it was a 2.5 million dollar offer to Sanders, not the 3.25m that was quoted.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...atch-patriots-offer-emmanuel-sanders/2082527/

Since there was a lot of talk that they didn't even know whether or not they wanted to match the 2.5m dollar offer, one can assume that they probably wouldn't have matched the 3.25m, had it been another 750k.

I think patsfanincleveland has a point too though, that just because we may have brought him over for 2013, that doesn't mean that we'd necessarily still have him for 2014 and beyond. Who knows what would have happened after the one year tender, had Pittsburgh decided not to match?

The main point is that based on the projection in April 2013, Sanders would have been a complimentary at best player. That simply means a team does not offer big money.

Absent a review of the situation, April 2013....this thread is talking about the rear orifice.

Sans murders......if Sanders had signed, he would be behind Gronk/Hernandez and Edelman in the offense.

He is simply not as good as those three. However, had BB pulled an Edgar Cayce, he might have sweetened the offer.

He's talking about this past offseason when he was a UFA

No matter what year Sanders is talking about, he's still talking crap about our team and some folks here are buying his bs.

Don't panic boys, we got Lafell who is in pace for beating the reord of offensive yards in penalties and Amendola. Don't worry we will be fine.

LaFell has looked fine over the last few weeks. Amendola, with the exception of the Jets game (which I personally give him a lot of credit for helping the team win), has looked like dog ****.

Dallas Clark, Austin Collie, Brandon Stokely.... Manning always used the slot a ton.
I didn't say he did not use it I said he has never utilized it as much as Brady. It has always been a secondary option for him whereas Brady has used it as the primary option.

Clark was a TE the route may have been similar but the skillset it different.

LaFell has looked fine over the last few weeks. Amendola, with the exception of the Jets game (which I personally give him a lot of credit for helping the team win), has looked like dog ****.
Tomorrow will be a determining game for Amendola in my opinion. Did he turn a corner last week or was it an anomaly such as the Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Miami games last season, and the San Francisco and Washington games he had in 2012 when he was in the Rams. In order for me to change my view of Amendola he will have to show up tomorrow because doing something 2-3 times a season does not make you a good player.

Don't feed the troll. He's an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back