PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Emerging stars on this year's team....

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if I may indulge myself in a triple-post, I think Ellis Hobbs is the best cornerback at this stage of his career (after his first two seasons) than anybody we've had since Raymond Clayborn. He might play the role of Asante Samuel in 2007.

Another guy I really like, but I may be alone, is Antowain Spann. I definitely think he has starter potential.

Dave Thomas is also a good choice, and I think Wilfork could show vast improvement and be considered the equal of Jamal over in SD.

Under the influence of any substances, H.T.?:D

I'd certainly like to believe that...

The big question is how much of an impact that wrist injury had on Hobbs last year. If it really held him back, he is going to have an unbelievable season this year.

Am I forgetting somebody? Samuel had regressed after year two. Law was mediocre until probably his fourth season. Maurice Hurst was pretty good, but I think Hobbs is better. I can't think of another CB, save Geno Wilson, that we've drafted in the last decade who's done much of anything.

Am I forgetting somebody? Samuel had regressed after year two. Law was mediocre until probably his fourth season. Maurice Hurst was pretty good, but I think Hobbs is better. I can't think of another CB, save Geno Wilson, that we've drafted in the last decade who's done much of anything.

No, you've got it right.

Hobbs is an impressive youngster, not least for his consistency so early in his career. Ty didn't start playing at his ultimate potential until his contract year, and after he signed the big money he backslipped for a season or two before really becoming a consistent, elite player.

Hobbs is going to be solid for many years, and will be considered in the top-10 at his position by the time he comes into his contract year.

You need to start a fan club for Spann. Most would rather have James, Andrews and/or Brown at his roster spot.

And if I may indulge myself in a triple-post, I think Ellis Hobbs is the best cornerback at this stage of his career (after his first two seasons) than anybody we've had since Raymond Clayborn. He might play the role of Asante Samuel in 2007.

Another guy I really like, but I may be alone, is Antowain Spann. I definitely think he has starter potential.

Dave Thomas is also a good choice, and I think Wilfork could show vast improvement and be considered the equal of Jamal over in SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes