PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ellsbury Will Be A Yankee In 2013

When I first saw the title I thought 'c'mon, no way. Ellsbury is their number one priority. Ortiz will be gone soon, and other salaries (Drew, Dice-K) will be off the books; the Sox will do whatever it takes to sign him'.

Then I read the article.

Ugghh.

Double ugghh.

He wants out of this cluster in the worst way. This season is going to be a disaster.

He wants out of this cluster in the worst way. This season is going to be a disaster.
i don't blame him one bit if he leaves. the redsox treat people like garbage. I'm sure the day after hes gone somebody will leak some kind of negative story about him in the media. if i was a player with the redsox i wouldn't let the redsox doctors touch me for anything. then there's the way the redsox front office let the cubs take a steaming dump on there heads in regard to the compensation for theo getting out of his contract. we ended up with a injured player. he will fit right in:rolleyes: the front office is more concerned about there friendship with theo than they are about doing the right thing and getting the most they can from the cubs. so embarrassing

Last edited:
Ellsbury isn't even eligible for free agency until after the 2013 season.

I've been saying since November they should trade Ellsbury because he's gone after 2013 and his value will never be higher than it is now. There's no way he would repeat the MVP caliber season he had in 2011. Unfortunately after yesterday, that option is out the window.

Last edited:
I see 8 weeks as an optimistic return date.

Thats got to hurt his trade value now.

would have to be a post season move now.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back