PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ellis Hobbs Apreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrBigglesWorth said:
3 fumbles for the bills and they recovered all 3. Losman had a ball snapped over his head and bounced perfectly back up. But those are the breaks of the game.

That was the most un-Patriot part of the game, IMO. Usually those bounces have gone our way in the past few seasons, but this time around we didn't nab one! Well, at least Brady's OTHER fumble was recovered by one of our OL, that one went our way.

Alk said:
I wouldn't just single out Hobbs, both of our CBs did an excellent job yesterday.

I concur. Well, except the "yesterday" part. But you know what we mean.

Samuel and Hobbs are very solid. Samuel can hit for such a little guy. Great tackler. Excellent ball skills. Hobbs is a great cover corner. Much better than Samuel at that. I like our backfield.

Alk said:
That's because we've come to expect alot more from Brady than that and to be quite honest, Losman did look a hell of alot sharper than Brady did.

Funny how quickly people forget Losman put the ball on the turf THREE times in the first quarter alone.

Last edited:
sieglo said:
Funny how quickly people forget Losman put the ball on the turf THREE times in the first quarter alone.

Not to mention that Losman had his starting WRs out there that he's been working with in camp and during preseason. Can't say that for Brady. Our WR situation is so in flux that I can't really see our passing situation being a true threat until at least week 6, when all the starters have gotten on the same page.

My point on the Hobbs thing wasn't to disrespect Samuel in any way - but Hobbs had Evans man to man all day and without much help completely shut him down. I'm pleased that Samuel had a good day but Josh Reed and Peerless Price aren't the threat that Evans is.

BelichickFan said:
My point on the Hobbs thing wasn't to disrespect Samuel in any way - but Hobbs had Evans man to man all day and without much help completely shut him down. I'm pleased that Samuel had a good day but Josh Reed and Peerless Price aren't the threat that Evans is.

I've seen what Ellis held Evans to, but I haven't seen what Asante held the others to.. Who did Asante have for the most part? Reed or Price? I'm going to look up the stats for those two, but I'm not sure who was in coverage on them when they caught their passes.

J. Reed 3 catches 40 yards
L. Evans 2 catches 25 yards
P. Price 3 catches 25 yards
R. Parrish 2 catches 20 yards

Anyone with the tape wanna say who was covering who on the catches? Either way it was a pretty quiet day for each of their WRs.

As Boston Sports Media put it (emphasis theirs). . .

In other words, he shut Evans down, from the corner. Ahem.

What the hells up with a Hobbs appreciation thread when he only has started about 8 or 9 games?

Kdo5 said:
What the hells up with a Hobbs appreciation thread when he only has started about 8 or 9 games?
It's not a Hall of Fame campaign, just a statement that he did a great job this week as the #1 CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back