PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ellis Hobbs and Tedi Bruschi - Same Wrist Injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I wonder if Ellis is going to take as much time or more like Tedi did when he broke his wrist,Wonder if its the EXACT injury to the wrist-both needed surgery and Tedi was out about a month or so..Hope Ellis can get back sooner than that - First Hamstrings,Now Wrists...Will it ever end on our injuries this year to our best players?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/10/hobbs_update.html

October 03, 2006
Hobbs update

Cornerback Ellis Hobbs, who missed Sunday's game against the Bengals, has been sidelined by a broken wrist.

The Boston Herald first reported Hobbs' injury earlier on Tuesday. The injury is to the scaphoid bone, which is the same bone that linebacker Tedy Bruschi injured in training camp.

Bruschi was sidelined just more than five weeks from the time he broke his wrist.

It is unknown if Hobbs has had or will need surgery, which would affect the timetable for his return. Hobbs sustained the injury in the team's Sept. 24 loss to the Broncos.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 03:58:56 PM

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/10/more_from_hobbs.html

October 04, 2006
More from Hobbs

Cornerback Ellis Hobbs, who broke the scaphoid bone in his left wrist in a Sept. 24 game against Denver, held court with reporters in the locker room on Wednesday. He said he underwent surgery last Wednesday, and had a butterfly-type bandage in the area under his thumb.

Hobbs believes he injured the wrist when it made contact with one of his teammates’ helmets in the first quarter.

“I didn’t really feel it at first. The more I thought about it, the more it hurt. I just put it out of my mind until the end of the game, and then after the game, it hurt pretty bad,” he said.

As for where Hobbs goes from here, he described his approach this way: “Positive thinking and day-to-day. Am I hopeful? I’m always hopeful. I can’t rush it, but at the same time, I can’t baby it either. I’m always a guy who is going to push the envelope.”

Hobbs said he spoke with linebacker Tedy Bruschi, who suffered the same injury in training camp, but believes every player handles injuries in their own way and backed away from comparing their situations.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 12:41:35 PM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back