PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ellis Hobbs: A+ today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asante never got burned the way Hobbs gets burned in NE and people still try to compare both. Hobbs is not in Asante's league.

ummmm, you havent watched much football have you? ASSante has been burned. Most every CB in league history has. It happens. Why people insist on reliving the SB plax TD over, and over again is beyond me, because thats all this is. People just b*tch about Hobbs because of the superbowl loss, which wasnt his fault. Hell, even Ty Law got burned on occasion, and I doubt there's anyone here who would say that Ty was average :rolleyes:

I just don't get it. Ellis Hobbles is just ann average to below average CB. Even with Deltha O'Neil onn this team he get picked on. And everybody here makes excuses for him. Someday we will have a real #1 and you will all see the difference between Ellis and just about anybody else.
You mean like when Asomugha was beating several times by Randy one on one. He's the best corner in the NFL by a long way and he got beaten.

Give it up will you. Ellis is a solid starter who plays for the team hurt. With a solid rotation developing and the addition of some draft picks or free agents, our secondary will be fine. Most of us identified the fact that it was a work in progress during the last off-season.

You mean like when Asomugha was beating several times by Randy one on one. He's the best corner in the NFL by a long way and he got beaten.

Give it up will you. Ellis is a solid starter who plays for the team hurt. With a solid rotation developing and the addition of some draft picks or free agents, our secondary will be fine. Most of us identified the fact that it was a work in progress during the last off-season.

Give it up will you. Ellis is a poor starter whose play hurts the team. With the addition of some draft picks or free agents, our secondary will be fine. Most of us identified the fact that it was a work in progress during the last off-season

I agree with some of what you stated.

People make excuses for Belichick because "in Belichick they trust".....(Maroney, Jackson, Watson and maybe James Sanders)...
Bottom line is that Hobbs is somewhere between Average and Good. I think every team need at least a great #1 CB. Asante never got burned the way Hobbs gets burned in NE and people still try to compare both. Hobbs is not in Asante's league..
Hobbs is one heck of a Return man. Hope we can keep him as a return man somehow.

First off, I haven't trusted Belioli's draft plans ever since they drafted Chad Jackson over my man Greg Jennings.
As for needing a great #1CB, take a look at the 2004 Patriots. The starting corners in SB 39 were Asante and Randall Gay. Asante was still very inconsistent at that point in his career. Yet, we still won the SB, because our front seven was dominant. Why do you think BB and SP have never paid for a corner, because they know all they need are solid players back there, and if you have a dominant front seven you can still have a dominant defense. Problem right now is we put absolutely no pressure on the qb.

First off, I haven't trusted Belioli's draft plans ever since they drafted Chad Jackson over my man Greg Jennings.
As for needing a great #1CB, take a look at the 2004 Patriots. The starting corners in SB 39 were Asante and Randall Gay. Asante was still very inconsistent at that point in his career. Yet, we still won the SB, because our front seven was dominant. Why do you think BB and SP have never paid for a corner, because they know all they need are solid players back there, and if you have a dominant front seven you can still have a dominant defense. Problem right now is we put absolutely no pressure on the qb.
Excellent point. QFT.

Asante was in his 2nd season. He had reason to be inconsistent. Hobbs is in his 4th season and isn't better than he was 2yrs ago. Of course a team can get away with average corners but this defense overall isn't as good as the 2004 that's why a true #1CB is crucial.
The bottom line is that Hobbs is not impressive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye