Welcome to PatsFans.com

Elizabeth Warren - Deer in the headlights press conference.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Nov 9, 2012.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

Sen.-elect Warren, Gov. Patrick meet at Statehouse - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Well the senator elect looked like a doe caught on the medium strip of
    I-95 at yesterdays press conference with Deval Patrick.

When asked about defense spending she turned to Deval Patrick to answer.
    He had to tell her that that question was directed to her.

She also turned a softball question about the record number of women in
    the senate to Deval Patrick.

I do not have a link, but when globe liberal and talented writer Brian McGrory
    rips into Warren, you know she made a fool of herself.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
  2. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -10

another empty chair
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

Joe, I grew up with Brian McGrory in Weymouth. He hung out with my youngest brother. Was kind of a geek back then....but to me, anyone who was into school and wasn't a jock was a geek.

Very nice kid and I'm glad to see he's done well at the Globe.

Nice deer pic btw...but it was sooooo frukkn' big, I couldn't find the "QUOTE" button on your post! laughed my arse off when I saw it....and I think she didn't deserve to win, but it's Massachusetts.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

What a terrible, terrible senator she is going to be. She should fit in real nice down in DC.
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,034 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

She's just going to keep her eyes down, her mouth shut, and do whatever the men tell her to do.
  7. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Based on what? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about... again.

Hate her all you like. But she's going to be a vote of accountability towards big banks and Wall St. fraud. Awww.... Sorry if some of you are butthurt about that, but your deregulation passions took another big hit.

If your financial sector heroes could ever learn to play fair and stop f***ing over the average American and his/her pension, you wouldn't lose elections like this one.
  8. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +81 / 1 / -1

She'd never held public office, right?

Probably a good thing
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Massachusetts deserves her, she's what they wanted.

America deserves Jug Ears, he's what they wanted.

The good thing,
    The people that voted for them will suffer right along with all of us.
  10. Nunchucks

Nunchucks Rookie

Ratings:
    +197 / 13 / -8

As somebody who voted for her, I would say her first press conference was less than stellar. However, this is her first public office, so giving her some time to ease into the position is certainly acceptable.

She is not a career politician like Scott Brown, she has to learn how to do the press conference thing.
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Heard parts of it, and it was less than stellar.

But also did not want to disclose what committees she is being considered for, it is rumored that they are trying to get her on the powerful and prestigious Banking Committee.. which is her forte. So keeping her mouth shut about that makes sense..

Wall Street gadfly Warren stands good chance of Senate banking seat | Reuters

12. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

Dems stood to lose 23 seats. Pubbies stood to lose something like 10. It should have been a bloodbath. Instead, the pubbies actually lost ground.

America's on to you guys. That's the problem here.

Didn't see the presser you guys are talking about, but Michele Bachman seemed to survive her cult-follower-impression a couple of years ago.

Your hate/insult politics are on the way out, pubbies. We'll see what happens with the "fiscal cliff" in the next couple months. You know who stands not to get reelected if a deal doesn't get done. Kind of fitting, really. The incoherent popular-movement teabaggers needed an "issue," and K Street decided to coalesce them around "debt" concerns. Then they all got together and torpedoed America's AAA rating in their debt-ceiling tantrum.

Watch 'em "stand on principle a little bit" and make a deal to kick the can down the road again. :rolleyes:

Well, mission 1, accomplished. The best president since Roosevelt has been reelected. Time to see what the house pubbie agenda is now that "Make Barack Obama a one-term president" is off the table...

To put it in John McCain's words, if pubbies are dead set on continuing to tank the country, "you will know their names, my friend." They don't have to lose in '14 to a Democrat -- in many cases, their districts are safely republican anyway. There is such a thing as a primary.

I would hope they have some respect for that. It ain't 2010 no more. You'd think the overwhelming repudiation (wait, should that be "refudiation"?) of pubbie know-nothing tactics of the last 4 years would sink in. But they're blaming everything but the fading Republican brand for their troubles. ::shrug:: I guess we'll see.

Apparently the teabaggers are complaining about how they were ignored and got no results from the Rmoney debacle... and are starting to talk about running their own candidates.

Welcome, Liz Warren. This country needs you, a fitting person to fill Ted Kennedy's old seat.

PFnV
  13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

The point Nochucks is that she came across as uninformed on the issues at that conference.

No elected official has an excuse for being uninformed...or even nervous.
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

You folks gotta get over her, she will be your senator until at least January 2019...

That is a long time...

She will do an excellent job...
  15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

There's nothing to "get over" Darryl. When you needed to "get over" GWB, you didn't...so your comment is sorta, kinda hypocritical bud.

As long as she supports not raising any taxes or fees upon the middle class, you may be right....time will tell. As long as she doesn't vote to increase our deficit, you many be right...time will tell.

But sadly, most Massusetts citizens are sheep and blindly vote for a party than for what a person stands for. In this case, we voted in a professor with zero experience.

Time will tell.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

Why would she be informed? She's a know nothing academic elitist partisan extremist from cambridge. Just what DC needs more of. :rolleyes:
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

On top of all that her chest looks like my brother in laws.

Elizabeth (flat chest) Warren (goof ball)
  18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Warren will be fine as a senator. Obviously for those of you who like politicians who act like politicians, you won't be a fan of hers. I think Patty Murray, the long-time senator from Washington State, ran into similar problems when she started because she was too much of a "soccer mom." I also think it's interesting that a lot of the bitter losers of this election seem to be attacking Warren's personal traits, rather than anything specific that she said -- that of course is just a form of sexism now that Warren emasculated the right wing.
  19. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -10

you lack the basis to make this assessment

she has already proven to be a politician......she has no redeeming qualities
  20. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

She sure ain't as slick as Scott Brown. That seems to be the complaint about her in this thread. She has many redeeming qualities. She's a fundamental reject of right wing Tea Party ideas, the ideas that were just soundly rejected by the American electorate, and believe me those ideas won't be coming back. Already, the right wing is talking about immigration reform, and I'll bet they'll compromise with Obama on the budget. They lost big. The Tea Party is dead. Warren may not have the polish of a professional politician, but she seems to have her heart in the right place.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012