Welcome to PatsFans.com

Elizabeth Warren Confirmed to Senate Banking Committee

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 12, 2012.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +699 / 20 / -30

Despite the best efforts of Corporate America, Super PACS, local mediots and many others who played the faux outrage about her heritage.. Senator Elect Warren is appointed to the Senate Banking Committee...

Quite a prestigious accomplishment, for a freshman senator.. she will be there for at least 6 years...

Here is a copy of the Email I received..

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  2. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +322 / 0 / -2

What do you think about Harry Reid?

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,753 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

I think it's great and she'll do a great job ... now we need to find more women who want to run.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

Biggest fraud to ever serve. We get the government we deserve.

5. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

LOL... the hysterical "dramedy" is usually highest when cons are most frustrated by an appointment/election such as this.

and in the end - no matter how much they've had to hide it lately and talk the politically correct game in lieu of 2008 - cons still LOATHE oversight of any kind.

business hates oversight. cons love business. ... modern business can't get where it needs to go without several layers of financial fraud. ... Oversight obstructs that pathway. ... and the mob mentality that plagues Wall St. can't continue to swindle enormous swaths of people.

So threats to that edifice must be thwarted at all costs. So we say things like this above, and accentuate her shortcomings by whatever means necessary. Awesome.

Meanwhile, in 60 seconds I could probably type 20 greater "frauds ever to serve" ... Heck, just in the past 12 years. And each of them far, far, FAR greater both in terms of scale and frequency.

Hyperbole at its finest.

I hope she becomes part of a mechanism that takes Wall St. to task like Spitzer probably would have. The right won't ever say "yeah, me too!!" They'll just spew how she "won't be able to do anything."

The right's apoplectic hatred of this woman reminds me of the movie The Contender in some ways.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  6. Hebeill

Hebeill 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I love this move. Someone has to take on wall street or history will repeat its self. When de regulation stated to speed up in the late eighties wall street said they could regulate themselves, and it was thought that they could, but greed won over and in the end they couldn't.

remember....

[​IMG]

7. Hebeill

Hebeill 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The hate is inversley proportion to the fear of someone that could really threaten these people. I remember reading just befor the election that wall st. was doing everything in its power to try to avoid warren being name to this committie. So obviously they think warren will reallyu cause them a lot of trouble.

I get a kick out the posters here and elsewhere that hate this women as if they are wall street players worth tens or hundreds of millions when they're at best middle class and won a house in the burbs.

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +699 / 20 / -30

For Warren in this position there is a small "learning curve" for her as she knows the issues and knows the questions...

What is interesting for all the "Government Is Broke" people, was that in this process the banks and their lobbyists were against this appointment... guess they are now deciders of who watches over them???

9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +489 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I'm fine with anyone who is elected by a majority. That's the American way...as long as their victory doesn't result in increases in taxes and fees on ordinary citizens, it's a good thing.

What we don't want is to vote in politicians who believe the average American isn't paying enough taxes.

As long as Warren isn't part of any plan to increase taxes/fees on savings or retirement investments, I can live with her.

Time will tell....

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

Hey, strawman, who said anything about oversight? That's right Mr "Dramedy", no one but you did. ;)

The woman is the epitomy of a fraud. Talks about the cost of college, yet she makes $365k per to teach one class. She talks about minorities and "the wrigged game" yet she LIES all her life, claiming to be a minority when she isn't, all to gain special favor and advance her career. She talks about the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil corporations and the helpless little guy, yet she takes tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars from corporations over her career. She talks about the poor people who've lost their homes, cuz of those eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil bankers, yet she flips foreclosed homes for cash. She rails against the 1%, yet she lives in a mutli-million dollar mansion, and has tens of millions in Wall St investments. She is so genuine too, that she asks an interviewer not to take pictures of her mansion, cuz she doesn't want people to know how she REALLY lives. She is a complete and utter F_R_A_U_D. Kinda like you, since you seem to like and support her, as she schills for your team. If she were a "con" as you like to say, do you think the history and facts of her charactor would be a non-issue to you and your ilk? Hmmm....I think WE ALL know the answer to that question. :p

11. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +844 / 6 / -9

I think my support for Warren grows every time I read one of RW's frothy anti-Liz screeds.

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

Jack, you already got a chubby from the mere mention of her name.

Sadly though Jack, what I posted is are all facts. So what's that say about you really? Considering you criticized someone for painting with a broad brush when they dared mention your bretheren, only to have done the exact same minutes earlier in another thread, I think we all know the answer to that.

13. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +844 / 6 / -9

Um, yeah. Whatever you say, dude.

I'm sure you took some creative liberty in the presentation of some of the purported facts, and a good number of them are really much ado about nothing. Well, maybe not nothing, but certainly the types of things you only get wrapped around the axle over when there's a Democrat involved.

I don't know, RW. What does it say about me...really?

Did you have a point hidden in here somewhere you were attempting to make?

14. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +876 / 14 / -29

he made the point........you are just refusing to get it because you know he's right..........

15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +699 / 20 / -30

Remember how the right whyned a bytched about how the left did not like the success of Romney.. in that venue success was a good thing...

Why do you care how Harvard pays her, how does it compare to other professors???

But bottom line she beat Gail Huff's house byatch, and she will be your senator for 6 yerars.. take it or leave it.

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

By the same token, if you whined about how Romney made his money, then how come we don't get a pip out of you over Warren's millions?

First and foremost Daryl, I find paying a teacher $365k per to teach one class, outrageous. Hey, if Hah-vid wants to pay teachers that money, and charge $60-70-100k per for tuition, so be it. They're a private university. Of course, I'd then demand that they pay taxes on their property, and recieve no state or federal aid, but I digress... My issue with Warren's salary is that she claims to be on the side of the small guy, and those poor college saps, when she's a huge primetime example of why tuition costs so much. She is a fraud hypocrite. She also talks about the 1% or 99%, when she lives in a mansion, has tens of millions in wall st investments, and took in hundreds of thousands from corporations. She's the epitomy of a fraud. Anyone who asks an interviewer not to take or include pictures of her home, is a FRAUD. 99% my ass.

17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +699 / 20 / -30

You need to qualify where she said that, aside from a blog. Do not believe she owns a house in Chicago, but she does live in Cambridge..

Just because she is not in a classroom, does not mean she does not have other responsibilities... your beef is with Harvard, not with Warren.

18. DocHoliday

DocHoliday In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +133 / 2 / -1

19. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,753 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Nobody in the DOJ under Obama prosecuted anyone from 4 years ago ... the bailout .... Warren is not about to change any of that either. I like her and support her but she won't get near anyone connected to Obama's people ... bet on it. Most of the current DOJ people have Wall Street connections.

20. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

She's not going to take on Obama and Holder. She's like every other senator, she's beholden to her party and that's it.

What we need is leaders who will let these giants fail and let the economy correct itself. Auto makers, insurance companies and banks just keep going the way they're going because they're "to big to fail"

Warren is going to nothing but a sock puppet for Obama.