PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eli throwing like Peyton. The verdict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverquick

On the Roster
Reaction score
This kid is such an enigma to me, a mystery of the highest footballing degree. Judging from the first few seasons of his career, you'd think Eli Manning was a bust, especially considering what New York gave up to take him away from San Diego.

And yet every once in a while he starts throwing like an All-Pro. Take for example the last two drives against Tampa Bay. His passes were always right on the money, he always found an open guy, and the ball left his arm at some sort of scorching velocity. Thats a talanted throwing arm that he has.

So whats the verdict? Will he ever be consistently good? Will he ever be more than a wonder-boy who never quite got things right?

PS: Sorry if this thread has already been started or if its in the wrong place, I think this is only the second thread Ive started around here. So mods, feel free to mod away :)

For the most part they can all make the throws. Making them consistently is the problem. And it's seldom due to a physial deficit. They lack enough or any capacity to make good decisions either quickly or consistently or both. Ben's problems seem to revolve around the gunslinger mentality and inability to maintain consistent narrow focus. Eli's tend to be more of the confidence kind, either can't find it or loses it. Conditions really impact him too, and that he admits that is another whole level of problem. Ben doesn't acknowledge his demons, Eli almost too readily does. Each of those instances presents potential for problems long term.

I think Eli might have fared better in a lower key atmosphere. Ben might have fared better had he sat for a while.

I don't know about Eli, but I'm now 0-2 in the postseason trying to stay awake during these NFC games. Sheesh, these are some boring frickin' teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes