PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eli Manning: "We know what it takes to beat the Patriots"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Eli, you know what it takes to come close

HeeHee. Not even a couple hours and the Giants are already giving the Pats bulletin board material. :)

C'mon Eli, you can do better than that. I have confidence in your stupidity. Guarantee a win or call us cheaters or something. :p

eh, he's caught up in the emotion. he'll snap back to reality in a few days and realize what he said.

This is a compliment, more than anything. Relax, guys.

$10,000 each ref and a truckload of OREOs

You guys will grasp at anything. I saw that comment; he followed it up immediately with a comment about how formidable the Pats are & how they'll be huge underdogs, or something to that effect. He was caught up with the emotion & was just trying to say they know how to be competitive w/ the Pats.

Every single Giants comment I heard was extremely respectful of the Pats. Don't even think for a second that the Pats are going to have some sort of "disrespect" card to play. That's over.

Completely innocent. The kid thinks they could of won that game and who could blame him, he just won a big game and is going to the Super Bowl. I'm almost happy that he made the Super Bowl more quickly than his brother.

Knowing "what it takes", and being able to actually pull it off, are two different things. The Captain of the Titanic knew what it "took" to avoid icebergs, and over the last 96 years, we have seen how well that worked out.

That having been said, I think he meant it more of a compliment than a "dig" at the Pats. Having played the Pats this year, I think he realizes that you have to play 100%, all game long on your end to have a chance to derail them. (And possibly hope the Pats make a few mistakes along the way).

EZ76

Last edited:
You guys will grasp at anything. I saw that comment; he followed it up immediately with a comment about how formidable the Pats are & how they'll be huge underdogs, or something to that effect. He was caught up with the emotion & was just trying to say they know how to be competitive w/ the Pats.

Every single Giants comment I heard was extremely respectful of the Pats. Don't even think for a second that the Pats are going to have some sort of "disrespect" card to play. That's over.

Eli got (o(ky, realized he had crossed the line and pulled himself back. Why don't you go home and play horseshoes? The Colts have a long offseason ahead.

Last edited:
You mean like Ray Lewis knew how to beat the Pats during the ESPN pregame?

Nobody knows how to beat the Pats this year.

One more to go....

Don't even think for a second that the Pats are going to have some sort of "disrespect" card to play. That's over.

oooooooh...it's internet cop and tough guy Pootball with a warning for all Pats fans...we're REALLY scared now :rofl::rofl:

Knowing and doing are two different things there, haystack.

I think it was compliment in that he knows that it will take a unbelivable effort to beat the Pats and thats what they will have to do to win. I agree with the people who say that knowing and doing are two different things.

Not gonna rip him apart, he's done a real nice job when it counts the most and I'm glad he's getting confidence. It was almost sad hearing Tiki rip on him all the time and command that locker room right in front of him.

Thank god we don't have to watch a Manning vs. Manning Super Bowl. That would have been intolerable.

They way to beat the Patriots is to score more points than they do. Doing that isn't easy and hasn't happened yet this year. And I don't see the Gints doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes