Welcome to PatsFans.com

Election Day Predictions

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by RI Patriots fan, Nov 5, 2012.

1. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 6 / -16

I read the election day thread and I really didn't see many predictions. So I'll start and give my predictions for President, The House (plus or minus seats), The Senate (plus or minus seats), Governors (plus or minus), Brown/Warren Senate race.

It will be very hard, but try to take off your partisan hats and predict what will happen rather than what you'd like to see happen.

Obama gets a second term.

The Democrats hold the Senate but the Republicans net gain 1 seat.

The Republicans hold the House but the Democrats net gain 4 seats.

The Republicans net gain 4 Governor seats.

Warren wins the Mass Senate race.

Trust me, it was hard to write Obama and second term and I'm still holding out hope but it is what it is.
    So my prediction is basically....more of the same.

Ok, give it a shot. Remember, try hard to take off your partisan hat.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Quietly confident for Obama
    Warren over Brown
    Allen West will retain his seat
    Duckworth will beat Joe Walsh
    Doherty will beat Cicilline(it will be close though)
    Langevin and Whitehouse will win easily
    Not sure of the composition of the Senate or House..

There will be a lot of shenanigans today, and lots of legalities.. not surprised if the election is decided tommorrow afternoon..

Post election, here will be a groundswell of support to really look at the whole voting process, as changes are necessary.. cannot for the life of me understand why there are impediments in Florida and to a lesser extent in Ohio.. cannot wrap my brain around the whole voter suppression thing.. why is this basic constitutional value being violated??
  3. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I'm breaking my predictions into predicitions and hopes:

1. POTUS - Since the polls seem questionable, and thus I have nothing scientific to go on...Ill just go with the Redskins Rule. Romney wins.
    2. Warren will beat Scott Brown
    3. Joe Kennedy III will be my Rep...mainly because of his name.

Hopes (in order of importance to me):
    1. I hope Gary Johnson gets 5% of the vote.
    2.I hope after this election we take a hard look at how we vote. This is America and its 2012. No reason other countries, such as Germany and Brazil have more modern and foolproof voting systems than we do.
    3. Whichever of the false "two choices" wins, I hope this country wakes up and comes to the realization for once, in 12 years, that we are all in this together, and to accomplish great things we have to work together. This All or Nothing BS has to stop. Between Shurb's 8 years and BamBam's first 4, the divisiveness is disgusting.
    4. I hope the three state questions (MA) pass.
  4. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I predict a repeat of 2000. Not sure if it will be Florida, but I am expecting a hot mess to settle the result of the Presidential election and more fights over extending the vote in states affected by Sandy. For anyone to be clearly declared the winner it will have to be outside the "margin of lawyer".
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I'm not to revved up for who wins or loses except for 1 race in Rhode Island. It will be a great day for my state if Cicilline loses ... hopefully he now pays for what he did to the citizens of Providence.

Other than that Obama / Romney ... no big deal. I am angry at Obama for a few things like his Libya war and broken economic promises but I can live with him as I think he can do better in another term. Romney I'd like to see if his ideas translate to a better economy - we haven't elected a business person before.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -9

This one is to hard to predict, Obama is a "Poster Boy" and people go nuts when one of them is around, they either slobber over them or they hate them that is what got him elected in the first place, nobody else could have come out of the senate who had no name or background like this beautiful liberal wet dream and beat Hillary Clinton for the nomination, but, even with the rotten performance he has put on for the last four years there still may be enough of those Fawning Gushing Poster Boy SAPS out there to give him another four years and that is my prediction, I think Barack Hussein (Jug Ears) (Piano Legs) Obama will win.

Read this guys stuff on Messiah, ha ha.
    Be careful, liberals, syndrome is catchy - BostonHerald.com
  7. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can't take off the partisan hat, I think we see a continuation of the 2010 wave.

Romney as President
    Brown keeps his seat, one of Akin/Mourdock win, end up with 50/50 Senate
    GOP picks up 2 seats in the House
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -9

Hope so...........

(Liz Warren is a weirdo so she will probably win in Mass)
  9. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Good luck.

No offense, I just can't see Romney winning. I personally would've liked to see what Romney could've done, I voted for him. Last term, I voted for Obama. Not to tear either one dowm, I think Obama has done some good (whether some people see it or not). I think he WAS handed down a bad economy that was already going to hell.

I don't think he kept all of his promises. I would've liked to have seen what Romney could do with his business intellect and different mindset for changing the economy. Although, I don't agree with all of his proposals, I do agree with more Americans taking more personal responsibility for themselves.

I know too many people "abusing" the system. There's no reason I should be getting up for work 5:30 AM Monday-Friday to go to work, own a home and drives a 2007 Toyota Camry when there are some folks that aren't working, collecting governmental assistance and driving around in a Mercedes or BMW on section 8. Its not fair. I don't side with big government. I like free enterprise.

Hate to be a downder but Romney won't win, I can feel it.
  10. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No offense but your example of section 8 + BMW is simply massively rare and really not indicative of waves of people abusing the system.

We have neighbors that own housing that get paid for via section 8 in CT and they have tenants that take out big loans to drive a nice BMW but can barely afford anything else.

Is that the system failing or someone misallocating what little money they have?

They're not living the dream, they're stupid. Which is why they're on S8 in the first place.

In this rare scenarios you can either scrap the program or take away from all recipients of this program the right to spend money as they like.

Would you choose either just to stop a small minority that pisses you off? People who argue for cutting against these social programs often fixate their rage on the abuses and claim supporters welcome this abuse. No, we don't, we just recognize the level of abuse is an inevitable price to pay to help the majority who use it honestly.

Often the cost of hiring full time investigators to root out the fraud is more expensive than the Fraud itself. (in many programs fraud investigators are not able to recoup their own salary!)
  11. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Wait, that can't be. The only reason anyone struggles financially is because somewhere an evil capitalist is eating their lunch, right?

You mean some people are in those places because they have made bad choices? Who knew?
  12. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The only evil capitalists eating anyone's sandwiches work on Wall Street. And they're hardly capitalists - merely gamblers.

Actually add any wealthy libertarian donor to that list. I'm sure some of them have honest intentions but most of them are self-serving hypocrites.
  13. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Good points.

I have no rebuttle for your answers either. I guess I see it and it ticks me off a little. I know the example I gave can be smaller than normal but the abuse is really there. Alot of people are doing though and we also can't ignore it but your points of taking it away from those that actually need it is well taken. This is why I don't think it should just be snagged away, but limited.

There should be a better system where people "who can actually work" and healthy should have to show some type of progress, some form of evidence that they are atleast trying to work, etc. I understand the economy is bad and unemployment is really high, its to be expected that jobs are lost and people won't be hired. I just think the way our sytem is today, we are promoting more dependancy on government than ever before.
  14. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +115 / 7 / -10

Romney wins by about 6%, Pubs take Senate, Allen West and Mia Love win.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My prediction is that we'll all wake up on Wednesday morning to the same old s#!t. The poor and middle class will be equally screwed, as our jobs will stay right where they are- overseas. Corporations will continuue to enjoy record profits, increased productivity due to automation efficiency, and any new "jobs" will be serving the very wealthy.

But at least we won't be a bad off as the Middle East Muslims, who will continue to get screwed out of their natural resources and individual freedom by their corrupt leaders and subject to continued cruise missile attacks. Our poor brothers and sisters in Africa and the Indian Subcontinent will get poorer and continue to reproduce at staggering numbers.

Humans will continue to pollute the planet and warm the atmosphere while sea levels rise and storms become more intense while we do nothing because the corporations will continue to tell us that jobs are more important than our health.

Nothing will change, I'm sorry to say.
  16. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Vote Asteroid (or plague) in '12
  17. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

Mitt Romney will be President elect at 10:44 PM.
  18. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't forget if D wins, R will be the 'solution' in '16 and if R wins, D will be the solution.

And the country will pivot back and forth over and over again while banks bankroll both sides.

What a country of fools we are
  19. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +256 / 4 / -8

LOL.....spot on........we waste so much time argiuing about minutae....either way, it's not so bad except that collectively, we are capable of so much more both as democrats and republicans

20. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

Mitt Romney will win the popular vote and electoral vote.

The GOP will control the House

The Democrats will have a slight edge in the Senate

Chris Murphy(Democrat) will win the Senate seat in my district(I voted for the Libertarian, McMahon sucks)

Obsitnik will win as my Rep.

Riots in the streets!!