Welcome to PatsFans.com

Egypt's Muslims attend Coptic Christmas mass, serving as "human shields"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

This is the type of story that doesn't get much press. This was the response in Egypt to the a terrorist bombing that killed 21 Christians.

Egypt's Muslims attend Coptic Christmas mass, serving as "human shields" - Ahram Online

Egypt’s majority Muslim population stuck to its word Thursday night. What had been a promise of solidarity to the weary Coptic community, was honoured, when thousands of Muslims showed up at Coptic Christmas eve mass services in churches around the country and at candle light vigils held outside.

From the well-known to the unknown, Muslims had offered their bodies as “human shields” for last night’s mass, making a pledge to collectively fight the threat of Islamic militants and towards an Egypt free from sectarian strife.

“We either live together, or we die together,” was the sloganeering genius of Mohamed El-Sawy, a Muslim arts tycoon whose cultural centre distributed flyers at churches in Cairo Thursday night, and who has been credited with first floating the “human shield” idea.

Among those shields were movie stars Adel Imam and Yousra, popular Muslim televangelist and preacher Amr Khaled, the two sons of President Hosni Mubarak, and thousands of citizens who have said they consider the attack one on Egypt as a whole.
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 3 / -10

Best post I've read in months Patters! Reading it reached into my heart & soul and gives me hope the world can be a sane place...actually got me teary-eyed. This is the kind of leadership I've been looking for in the Muslim world and can serve as an example for the world.

It REALLY pisses me off that this didn't get more attention. To me, it's the biggest and best news I've read in a long, long time. God bless these people and anyone that chooses to follow their example.

Thanks for posting!
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Props to the people who did this too bad this sort of thing is necessary.
  4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Good to hear. Harry put that in your pipe and smoke it a while:rolleyes:
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 1 / -9

They're not all bad even a racist bastard like me knows that, good work Patters.

:bricks:
  6. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

He'll forget it and ignore it the next time he decides he wants to rail against Muslims, just like he always does.
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +350 / 1 / -9

I rail against "bad muslims" I would like to invite some of those Muslims in Egypt that attended mass to my next cookout (next summer).

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 4 / -2

This should be front page news. This is exactly what a person, or a people of faith, should be doing. They should protect the innocent. They should speak out against savagery and violence of all kinds. I hope this leads to more acts just like this.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +350 / 1 / -9

We need more Muslims like them, maybe little by little they will start standing up to the savages among them all over the world, if they cleaned their religion up and got rid of the Terrorists I myself might Convert To Islam.

10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +589 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Terrorism is not going away Harry ... it's a political tool to accomplish what you wish without being directly responsible for it. We have aided terrorists ourselves for our own political purposes ... look no further than Saddam, Osama, and the mujahideen during the Soviet war in Afghanistan for just 3 examples.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 3 / -10

I'm a terrorist and my keyboard is my weapon of choice...:p
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

The police will be at your house later this afternoon. Their monitoring computer will see the first three words and dispatch a unit quickly.
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 3 / -10

Oops!!!!!! :eek: I see them outside my door right now!

Strangely, a white pickup truck drove by slowly and I saw the driver turn suddenly and look at my house. He stopped just after passing my house and sat there for about 1 minute. I was just getting out my binoculars so I could see what the guy was doing (thought I might have to get my high-powered pellet rifle) when he took off.

I am dead-serious wistah. No joke at all. I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but it does make one think. If you still think I'm kidding, I assure you that I am not.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  14. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Maybe it was our resident "terrorist hunter", apple strudel!
  15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 3 / -10

If it was one of you guys, I wouldn't care...But at least it wasn't a black suv or black helicopter in "silent-mode":D
  16. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Wait, strudel is Banned?
  17. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

Heart warming story. Thanks for posting this Patters (I usually read this forum and disagree with a lot of the liberal posters here but I really like this thread). I wish there were more stories like this...and there probably are that get no attention which is a shame.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +350 / 1 / -9

God Bless those Muslims, I hope we will see more of this around the world after a Terrorist killing especially here in America, acts like this one in Egypt would do much to ease the backlash that is out there against "Muslims"