PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EEI reporting Walker in Foxboro today

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that was unexpected. I thought he was only visiting the Saints & Broncos.

Wow, that STINKS if we're giving them anything other than a 3rd rounder.

I wonder if this is, in some way, an indication that the Patriots are thinking of trading down from #21 and picking up an extra pick. Perhaps they see an opportunity to get two players they wanted to get anyway while picking up Walker along the way.

According to John Tomase's blog, Walker was, in fact, NOT in Foxboro today. Looks like WEEI whiffed again.

DaBruinz said:
According to John Tomase's blog, Walker was, in fact, NOT in Foxboro today. Looks like WEEI whiffed again.

Or maybe Tomase is wrong? Or could it be EEI is wrong? Let's be honest, this organization is so guarded, I find it hard to believe anyone in the media knows who is in town and who is not unless they're staking out the airport and specifically, general aviation (small jets). Not likely.

SoonerPatriot said:
Or maybe Tomase is wrong? Or could it be EEI is wrong? Let's be honest, this organization is so guarded, I find it hard to believe anyone in the media knows who is in town and who is not unless they're staking out the airport and specifically, general aviation (small jets). Not likely.

Tomase got his info from Fletcher Smith, the partner of Walker's agent. I would think he would be in the know more than Michael Smith.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

DaBruinz said:
Tomase got his info from Fletcher Smith, the partner of Walker's agent. I would think he would be in the know more than Michael Smith.
I'm not even going to guess. I don't think the Patriots like anyone to know anything, I could see Belichick telling his agent that if they confirm a visit, the visit is over. I really think Belichick is that paranoid about everything.

Bill likes to keep everything on the low till its all done with. Last year we didnt know Brady had a hernia but they knew he did..we didnt know how bad anyones injuries really were..i didnt remember Faulk getting hurt against Pittsburgh but then sat out a lot of games with Broken Leg i believe. Its just the way he tries to handle stuff i guess..not make a big deal of out anything until its really there

re

BelichickFan said:
I'm not even going to guess. I don't think the Patriots like anyone to know anything, I could see Belichick telling his agent that if they confirm a visit, the visit is over. I really think Belichick is that paranoid about everything.

Right on. Belichick grew up near the Naval Academy and is very much like a military commander.

Both media reports may have some truth... maybe Walker did visit and it wasn't supposed to be leaked, and afterwards the 'official' story was released about his "non-visit".

maverick4 said:
Right on. Belichick grew up near the Naval Academy and is very much like a military commander.

Both media reports may have some truth... maybe Walker did visit and it wasn't supposed to be leaked, and afterwards the 'official' story was released about his "non-visit".

Could all be true, and might be except for one thing: It is WEEI you're talking about. Sorry, have to go with Tomase on this one until EEI shows me that can get things right (other than yelling at each other) more often.

spacecrime said:
Could all be true, and might be except for one thing: It is WEEI you're talking about. Sorry, have to go with Tomase on this one until EEI shows me that can get things right (other than yelling at each other) more often.
wat r u talking about? do u remember who broke the adam vinatieri story???? espn...no. fox sports...no o yea weei broke that story

I dont think he met with the Pats but Tomase said that there is still a good possibiliyu of him meeting with the Pats. WEEI could be right...ESPN rumour page is reporting that the Patriots are taking more and more interest in Walker. Its all rumour but hey the Pats are trying to steal his attention from the Broncos.

patsox23 said:
Wow, that STINKS if we're giving them anything other than a 3rd rounder.

Good point patsox23: The Pats first 3rd round pick at the max. The good news is we know BB/SP don't like to shop on Newbury Street.

groundgame said:
Good point patsox23: The Pats first 3rd round pick at the max. The good news is we know BB/SP don't like to shop on Newbury Street.

I plausible trade option would be a 4th this year and a conditional 2,3,or 4 next year depending on Walkker's production based on games played and number of catches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back