PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EEI-Jets have heavy interest in Troy and Chad Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
apparently Troy is steamed, which we already knew.

R_T26 said:
apparently Troy is steamed, which we already knew.

I'm getting sick and tired of all these so called steamed players. The Jets can have them both, IMO.

DefenseRules said:
I'm getting sick and tired of all these so called steamed players. The Jets can have them both, IMO.
I don't get what they're upset about. Poor babies got all those rings. It sounds like they've been sitting around talking about all the bad things and forgetting all the good. It's easy to do.

Move along, boys. Time for some players who aren't spoiled brats and want to win more than anything else.

In Troy's case he should retire. I can picture him having a forgettable season w/ the Jets then quietly retiring which is kind of sad. he should of spent his career w/ the Pats.

BelichickFan said:
I don't get what they're upset about. Poor babies got all those rings. It sounds like they've been sitting around talking about all the bad things and forgetting all the good. It's easy to do.

Move along, boys. Time for some players who aren't spoiled brats and want to win more than anything else.

Amen. Well said.

Troy is Gone mark it down he is not coming back with recent trends. Bruschi only one left of SB 31 Team. Sad but new kiss my ass attitude is the rule.

nescott said:
Troy is Gone mark it down he is not coming back with recent trends. Bruschi only one left of SB 31 Team. Sad but new kiss my ass attitude is the rule.
Actually, its the same attitude they've had since 2000. Seems to have worked out pretty well.

this kiss my ass attitude may kiss BB's ass too. I'm leaning towards it not - yup, I still have faith.....but it's not blind. Last year's FA acquistions sucked out loud. This years FA acquistions? Well, I'll reserve comment until we actually sign some (besides perennial underachiever, Caldwell).

Beside Bethel, is there anyone on the Patriots roster who has returned a punt in the NFL??

Last edited:
Miguel said:
Beside Bethel, is there anyone on the Patriots roster who has returned a punt in the NFL??
It doesn't matter - if there's any plug and play position in the NFL it's kickers and returners.

Actually, Deion Branch did return a few a couple of years ago (remember the fumble vs. the Colts ?) but I don't think we'll be going back to that . . .

Miguel said:
Kevin Faulk comes to mind. Deion Branch also did a couple, if poorly. I can't say Patrick Pass never did either.

Miguel said:
Probably none worse than what we've had these last few years.

Miguel said:

Kevin Faulk. Deion Branch. Ellis Hobbs in college, not sure if he got any punts for us last year.

If they want a return man, Michael Lewis is out there. He returned from ACL surgery last year, but is a dynamic return man.

Kick returners

Faulk, Bethel, Pass and Hobbs can all return kicks.

I wouldn't use Hobbs on kick returns with our recent history with the health of DBs.

Kick returns are usually an area where rookies can make an impact. I can see us drafting a later round guy with some return ability who will be deep in the depth chart at another position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down