Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It seems links not working for me to any of the threads

Re: Where are all the threads??

Ok now they are back. I was getting a 'Not Found' message.

An issue occurred with the backup last night apparently which caused a problem and it came back up with the board shut down. I'm working on it now but the link structure was incorrect because one of the plugins isn't working.

I'm sure you didn't get alot of sleep last night. Thanks for you work Ian, and for getting the board back up!

Ian

I don't know if this will help pinpoint the issue or not, but a person I usually can't "see" is now showing up on my screen. When I hit the ignore feature again to test it (using Ffbv, not the one native to the board), that person's screen name reported with a number in parentheses at the end of it, showing up as a different person for the program's purposes.

Example:

"Dave" was still on the ignore list, but was showing up.
When I went to test the ignore with Ffvb, "Dave" was showing up as "Dave (1234)"

I hope that is of some help.

Last edited:

I'm sure you didn't get alot of sleep last night. Thanks for you work Ian, and for getting the board back up!

Went to bed at 5:30am and thought we'd be all set - but apparently not.

Went to bed at 5:30am and thought we'd be all set - but apparently not.

thanks, Ian...sounds like you got a great nights sleep! I went through withdrawal this morning when I hit my Bookmark and couldn't get into the board...

I open links once I logged in. Before I logged in, I could not.

Ian

I don't know if this will help pinpoint the issue or not, but a person I usually can't "see" is now showing up on my screen. When I hit the ignore feature again to test it (using Ffbv, not the one native to the board), that person's screen name reported with a number in parentheses at the end of it, showing up as a different person for the program's purposes.

Example:

"Dave" was still on the ignore list, but was showing up.
When I went to test the ignore with Ffvb, "Dave" was showing up as "Dave (1234)"

I hope that is of some help.

I just tested the ignore feature, and it placed the user and the threads appeared correctly. If you remove him and then readd him, does that work?

IAn

I just tested the ignore feature, and it placed the user and the threads appeared correctly. If you remove him and then readd him, does that work?

IAn

It seems to, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

It seems to, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Things will be glitchy for a bit. I'm trying to locate potentially missing files - so you may see an issue here or there. Just hit "Refresh" as they should only last for a quick minute.

I believe all issues have been corrected. Please report anything if it comes up.

Ian - up until about 2 minutes ago, I was getting 404 errors when I was trying to go into threads or other forums.. It was happening intermittently.

Ian - up until about 2 minutes ago, I was getting 404 errors when I was trying to go into threads or other forums.. It was happening intermittently.

That's because there was an issue with the file that was supposed to direct you to the threads. It's been corrected (thankfully).

well everything works fine as far as I can see. However I think might be a good opportunity to make a suggestion and ask a question.

The suggestion is that you have a link to go back to the forum at the BOTTOM of the page as well. Saves scrolling up when you want to go to a new thread. That have that at jetsinsider.com

The question involves an old feature that seems to be gone. In times past when you posted on a thread and left, the next time you got to the board a check mark would remind you of the threads where you have posted. What happened to the feature. Is it gone, or have I done something so it isn't activated.

Thanks Ian, you can either respond here or PM me with an answer, whatever is more convenient.

The suggestion is that you have a link to go back to the forum at the BOTTOM of the page as well. Saves scrolling up when you want to go to a new thread. That have that at jetsinsider.com

I'll do that later this evening (although what are you doing at jetsinsider.com anyway? :cool: )

The question involves an old feature that seems to be gone. In times past when you posted on a thread and left, the next time you got to the board a check mark would remind you of the threads where you have posted. What happened to the feature. Is it gone, or have I done something so it isn't activated.

Thanks Ian, you can either respond here or PM me with an answer, whatever is more convenient.

There's a new version of VB coming that is supposted to be amazing, so I'll upgrade us to that once it becomes available. Lots of buzz about it, so hopefully it will fix some of those things along with some other great features. I'll post more once I see the full release along with the new features.

thanks ian...things have been working fine for the last hour or so...now, get some sleep!

Ken - if I'm understanding your question right, the feature is still here.

On the leftmost icon that looks like an envelope (closed envelope if there's no new posts, open envelope if there's a new post), if there's an arrow over the envelope pointing to the bottom right that means you've posted in the thread.

Ken - if I'm understanding your question right, the feature is still here.

On the leftmost icon that looks like an envelope (closed envelope if there's no new posts, open envelope if there's a new post), if there's an arrow over the envelope pointing to the bottom right that means you've posted in the thread.

I see it, THANKS, BF

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey