PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edit]HOF Reject/SB-Never-Was Cris Carter's Laughs at Pats Chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. He's probably not too happy that his protege annihilated him in every statistical way too. That still doesn't explain why he seems to hate the Patriots so much. Someone mentioned that it may be because of the unceremonious way that BB jettisoned his arse out of town, but that doesn't explain why he just can't wait to bash the Patriots any time someone asks him a question about this team. He seems to live for those moments.
C'mon, man (the dumbest quote ever).

The Packers losing their top WR seems to have done them in. That guy was a real MVP of the team apparently, because after the Chiefs exposed them, the Packers struggled. I know they assaulted the Lions pretty badly, but there was something off about them when the injuries began to pile up.

I'm watching NFL Countdown right now and Chris Carter is completely disrespecting the Pats...laughing at the defense, Edleman, and Belichick's coaching job this year while ball washing all the Giants. The rest are critical and favor the Giants but Carter is being a dic*.:mad: If all these analysts give us no chance, how is it we're favorites? Long week ahead for us.

Keep laughing Cris, i don't see any rings on your fingers pal.

I hear most women prefer older gentlemen.. like these guys...

20dollarbill.jpg

100-dollar-bill.jpg

images

111884_8.jpg

SF gifted them 10 points, including the game-winning FG in OT, and knocked two sure picks away from themselves. A definite fumble got blown dead on the quickest whistle of all-time, just for fun.

Regardless, I'm trying to figure out how "did enough to win" (which I'd disagree with) equates to "played lights out."

All of your points related specifically to the argument are true and I agree. However, none of that will matter on February 5. How either team got here will not matter. The respective records will not matter. Heck, even the statistics will not matter. The team that plays lights out on that day will win. I just hope that it's our boys and not the Giants.

Just left the Celtics' game for about a minute for the NFL Network. Rich Eisen's show and Sapp and Strahan were running their version of an instant replay of Carter and Ditka from this morning. Laughing, joking, etc. about the Giants not having any chance of losing. Oh, and before those of you patricians who complain about us plebians perseverating on the media get started, if you disapprove, screw off.

Hopefully we're all chuckling next week that Cris Carter was shut out of the Hall Of Fame again.

Carter is a joke. He is in the idiot chair on Sunday Countdown. That is the chair where they have a former player who says stupid things just to make the rest of the panel look better. Previous illuminaries to hold that chair were Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith.

Carter is a joke. He is in the idiot chair on Sunday Countdown. That is the chair where they have a former player who says stupid things just to make the rest of the panel look better. Previous illuminaries to hold that chair were Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith.

You're absolutely right. I didn't even notice that. Unfortunately, I think Carter is here to stay. He's got his hands in so much other stuff at ESPN. I don't see him going the way of Emmitt and Michael.

Michael Irvin is not really that bad... he says some good things on NFL Network.

He who laughs last, laughs most.... I would rather be laughing the entire off-season then now!

Why cut off at 5 games? What's magical about that particular number?

I am guessing it has something to do with the fact that the Giants have beaten some tough teams on the road including the best teams in the NFC such as the packers and 49ers while the only good team the pats have played and beat in those 10 games was the ravens?

Not a fan of Chris Carter but I can see why he, and most people, think the Pats don't have no shot.

Last edited:
I'm watching NFL Countdown right now and Chris Carter is completely disrespecting the Pats...laughing at the defense, Edleman, and Belichick's coaching job this year while ball washing all the Giants. The rest are critical and favor the Giants but Carter is being a dic*.:mad: If all these analysts give us no chance, how is it we're favorites? Long week ahead for us.

He's on Mike and Mike now and he's doing it again. Making fun of BB for saying that it's all about not giving up points b/c that's all that matters. Carter is a a**hole. What is wrong with BB's answer? What is it about then? Yards? And where are the Giants on this list? Aren't they ranked like 27? That's SO much better, Chris?

You're absolutely right. I didn't even notice that. Unfortunately, I think Carter is here to stay. He's got his hands in so much other stuff at ESPN. I don't see him going the way of Emmitt and Michael.

Irvin snorted his way off of ESPN. Emmitt was boring to go with stupid.

You can be stupid as long as people listen to you and biatch about you. You can't be stupid and no one cares what you said.

Carter will be around for a while, but ESPN tends to rotate guys out of their spotlight as newer marquee players retire and gain some media momentum. The only former players who have lasted long term with ESPN have been Tom Jackson, Ditka, Merril Hoges, Steve Young, and Ron Jaworski. Guys like Young, Jaws, and Hoges have seen their in studio roles diminish over the years. Granted Jaws did get a big boost during the game to be one half of the kiss arse twins on MNF. But Young has gone from in studio on game day to be on the field which reduced his time on camera exponentially.

Michael Irvin is not really that bad... he says some good things on NFL Network.

He who laughs last, laughs most.... I would rather be laughing the entire off-season then now!

I think Irvin is an idiot although he is capable of saying some insightful things. I really don't like him myself.

He's on Mike and Mike now and he's doing it again. Making fun of BB for saying that it's all about not giving up points b/c that's all that matters. Carter is a a**hole. What is wrong with BB's answer? What is it about then? Yards? And where are the Giants on this list? Aren't they ranked like 27? That's SO much better, Chris?
Who made Chris Carter an expert on winning? He never won anything, so how would he know what it takes.

Last edited:

Yards allowed per game in the playoffs:

NY: 321.0
NE: 325.0

Points allowed per game in the playoffs:

NY: 13.0
NE: 15.0

1st downs allowed per game in the playoffs:

NY: 18.0
NE: 17.0

I mean, the differences are so startling.....

The Packers played like crap, with all sorts of blunders that were clearly not forced by the Giants. The 49ers and Ravens games are pretty much washes. As I noted, it's one side arguing SOS with the other side arguing how well the opponents were playing. That's why the stats over the mentioned (5 weeks) span don't mean as much to me.

The Patriots have the layoff as well, and had won more games in a row. I don't see any way to really quantify the impact of the extra week for either team.

I agree about the wins at SF and against the Ravens. Both tough defenses and both gift-wrapped by unfortunate screwups.

Beating the Packers in Lambeau in January, whether they were rusty or not, was a tremendous accomplishment. It signaled for me that the Giants have their full team in place, playing at a peak level. The Patriots do not have a win like that on their resume this year. Denver at Denver had the air of a playoff game with the Tebow hype machine at full blast and getting down by two scores early on the road. But Denver on the road is not Green Bay at Lambeau in the playoffs.

If the Giants win the Super Bowl, their run of at Atlanta, at Green Bay, at SF and over New England on a neutral field has to be one of the greatest runs through the playoffs ever.

Last edited:

I heard he was coming on so I switched over to Dennis and Callahan. This offseason will be hell if we don't win this.

I agree about the wins at SF and against the Ravens. Both tough defenses and both gift-wrapped by unfortunate screwups.

Beating the Packers in Lambeau in January, whether they were rusty or not, was a tremendous accomplishment. It signaled for me that the Giants have their full team in place, playing at a peak level. The Patriots do not have a win like that on their resume this year. Denver at Denver had the air of a playoff game with the Tebow hype machine at full blast and getting down by two scores early on the road. But Denver on the road is not Green Bay at Lambeau in the playoffs.

If the Giants win the Super Bowl, their run of at Atlanta, at Green Bay, at SF and over New England on a neutral field has to be one of the greatest runs through the playoffs ever.

I agree.

Anyone here dismissing the Giants' accomplishments so far in the playoffs as anything less than or even equivalent to what the Pats have done so far is merely drunk on koolaid.

Until around 11:30 PM EST on 1/22/2012, they had the momentum advantage.

However, here is the possible difference maker:

The Pats have been consistent winners this season. The Giants have been uneven and have relied on streaks and momentum.

This is their first 2 week stoppage since they got hot.

The Pats have already digested a two week stoppage this month and came out firing on all cylinders the next game.

When the players actually give THEIR experiences of the Super Bowl, they tend to center on the TIME element (the 2 week layoff before the big game, the longer commercial breaks and halftime at the game, etc. that throw off rythm and momentum).

While this obviously wasn't the main factor in SB42 - - this time (as long as Tomase stays clear of Indianapolis) the Pats and their coaching staff won't have to deal with what became the main factor last time.

Momentum is what most Giants prognosticators are hanging their hats upon. There is no "momentum" with a two week layoff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back