PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edit]HOF Reject/SB-Never-Was Cris Carter's Laughs at Pats Chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned a long time ago not to watch the media leading up to the SB. I'll turn the TV on at 6:20 and enjoy the game. If they win, I will listen to all the ball washing afterwards. If they lose, I will not be tuning in to any sports shows.

Unless Bob Costas is on acting like his usual arrogant self. I think that's the only downside of the game being on NBC...

I would contend that the bolded part is not true or, at the least, is open for very legitimate debate.

Stop the presses! Look who's been dipping into the koolaid!!! I think I just saw a pig fly!!! :D

I would contend that beating the 15-1 defending Super Bowl Champions on the road and then the #2 seed 14-3 team on the road is something that the Pats have not yet matched.

Meanwhile, the two week layoff may blunt their momentum more than it may affect the Pats. All this talk about the Giants being the hot team, but haven't heard anyone in the mdeia consider this part.

Last edited:
Unless Bob Costas is on acting like his usual arrogant self. I think that's the only downside of the game being on NBC...

This.

Is there a more NY-Centric broadcaster than Bob Costas??

I can't wait until he invites Billy Crystal into the box. Thank God Mickey Mantle is dead, but unfortunately we'll all have to be subject to 5-6 references to the Mick and Yogi.

Stop the presses! Look who's been dipping into the koolaid!!! I think I just saw a pig fly!!! :D

Just calling it straight.... this is analysis, not cheering.

I would contend that beating the 15-1 defending Super Bowl Champions on the road and then the #2 seed 14-3 team on the road is something that the Pats have not yet matched.

The Packers played like crap, with all sorts of blunders that were clearly not forced by the Giants. The 49ers and Ravens games are pretty much washes. As I noted, it's one side arguing SOS with the other side arguing how well the opponents were playing. That's why the stats over the mentioned (5 weeks) span don't mean as much to me.

Meanwhile, the two week layoff may blunt their momentum more than it may affect the Pats. All this talk about the Giants being the hot team, but haven't heard anyone in the mdeia consider this part.

The Patriots have the layoff as well, and had won more games in a row. I don't see any way to really quantify the impact of the extra week for either team.

This.

Is there a more NY-Centric broadcaster than Bob Costas??

I can't wait until he invites Billy Crystal into the box. Thank God Mickey Mantle is dead, but unfortunately we'll all have to be subject to 5-6 references to the Mick and Yogi.

I'm not sure anything will top FOX showing a NY bar when the Sox were in the World Series .

I think its great that we are receiving the disrespect card, just like 2001. The Pats always seem to play with more aggression when they are disrespected.

I like Chris Carter and don't really have a problem with what he is saying.

Think about it....we have a WR playing in the Secondary, along with undrafted FA's and other team's rejects in the same Secondary.....and we are in the SB....BB is doing it with mirrors for the Secondary this year.

I agree, I miss the days of the dominant secondary like in 2004 when the Patriots won the Super Bowl with lockdown studs like Earthwind Moreland, Randall Gay and Troy Brown.
:rolleyes:

I saw Eli on the street and said "hey, Ecry....give me the face..." and he did...

1292815989_eli.jpg

and then I said,"hey let's party...here, meet Brenda...Eli...Eli?...ELI??!!!!!!!!!!!!!...wake up!!"...

1200376071_eli_drunk.jpg

Proof that women don't care about looks....

The Packers didn't hand the game to the Giants. They dropped a few passed, but the Giants forces many of the mistakes they made in that game, and kept the pressure on Rodgers all day. People are saying Rodgers had an "off day," but getting hit a lot will do that to you.

The 2 TD's that the Pack actually scored were both on drives that included terrible calls against the Giants.

The Packers didn't hand the game to the Giants. They dropped a few passed, but the Giants forces many of the mistakes they made in that game, and kept the pressure on Rodgers all day. People are saying Rodgers had an "off day," but getting hit a lot will do that to you.

The 2 TD's that the Pack actually scored were both on drives that included terrible calls against the Giants.

I won't argue that the Giants pressured the Packers in that game both offensively and defensively but YOU are being a blind homer claiming the Packers dropped " a few" passes..the Pack committed 11 drops or fumbles after the catch in that game....a HUGE determinant in the outcome...and saying Rodgers had an "off day" is bullcrap too...he hit receivers in stride all game...his offense let him down not the other way around.

Now address how the Giants were "lights out" against SF, too.

Now address how the Giants were "lights out" against SF, too.

Away game against an amazing defense, and they did enough to win.

The Pack, Niners & Saints were arguably the best 3 teams this year. The Giants beat 2 of them on the road to get to the SB.

I'm watching NFL Countdown right now and Chris Carter is completely disrespecting the Pats...laughing at the defense, Edleman, and Belichick's coaching job this year while ball washing all the Giants. The rest are critical and favor the Giants but Carter is being a dic*.:mad: If all these analysts give us no chance, how is it we're favorites? Long week ahead for us.

Carter is so spot on with his analysis. Just look at what happened last time Belichick turned a wide receiver into a defensive back and put Troy Brown back there.

Carter is so spot on with his analysis. Just look at what happened last time Belichick turned a wide receiver into a defensive back and put Troy Brown back there.

I vaguely remember that working out pretty well in our favor . . . :D

Cris Carter is still mad about 1998.

Cris Carter is still mad about 1998.

Yup. He's probably not too happy that his protege annihilated him in every statistical way too. That still doesn't explain why he seems to hate the Patriots so much. Someone mentioned that it may be because of the unceremonious way that BB jettisoned Moss' arse out of town, but even that doesn't explain why he just can't wait to bash the Patriots any time someone asks him a question about this team. He seems to live for those moments.

Last edited:
Away game against an amazing defense, and they did enough to win.

The Pack, Niners & Saints were arguably the best 3 teams this year. The Giants beat 2 of them on the road to get to the SB.

SF gifted them 10 points, including the game-winning FG in OT, and knocked two sure picks away from themselves. A definite fumble got blown dead on the quickest whistle of all-time, just for fun.

Regardless, I'm trying to figure out how "did enough to win" (which I'd disagree with) equates to "played lights out."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes