PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edit]HOF Reject/SB-Never-Was Cris Carter's Laughs at Pats Chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see why this is a big deal. I'd be far more upset if he picked the Pats to win.

The Giants have the more complete team...

I have no idea why people keep repeating this.

The Pats scored eight points more a game.

The Pats gave up almost four points less a game.

The Pats were a better passing team.

The Pats were a better running team.

The Pats had a +171 point differential on the season.

The Giants had a -6.

Once again, I have no idea where this thing about the Giants being a more complete team came from, but it needs to stop.

Don't see why this is a big deal. I'd be far more upset if he picked the Pats to win.

Exactly right, I hate when everyone used to pick us, especially from 2005 on, they always used to say, "you can't bet against BB and Brady" that didnt work out for us, I like it this way much better.

Last edited:

The Giants had a -6.

Once again, I have no idea where this thing about the Giants being a more complete team came from, but it needs to stop.
Someone finally said what I have been thinking. I think the reason why this has become the popular refrain is because the general public perceives that their defense is leaps and bounds better than NE's defense. I think it may also have something to do with the fact that there are bigger names on the defense for the Giants than the Patriots (by bigger I mean more recognizable).

One interesting thing to me is how so many fans get mad when people pick against their team, but they also get upset when too many people pick their team. Chris Carter has been picking against the Patriots pretty much all season. I like it better that way.

Last edited:
I don't care what he says. I think the Pats will win. I like that everyone is picking the Giants, it gives BB something to show the players. Hopefully it'll make them play better.

...is that the guy that took Moss under his wing when he came into the league...

...is that the guy that took Moss under his wing when he came into the league...

I don't know how a guy who was as good as he was and as smart a football player as he was could be such an idiot when asked to analyze aspects of the game. But yes, that was the guy who took Moss under his wing when he came into the league.

The Giants had a -6.

why does everyone recite stats for the whole season- the giants were 7-7 for crying out loud- how good could their stats be? it is how they are playing their last five games that should concern people, not an accumilation of season stats. they are playing lights out and only a blind fool or delusional fanatic can't see that- i love the NEP ,but this is going to be a tough,tough game.:confused:

I'm watching NFL Countdown right now and Chris Carter is completely disrespecting the Pats...laughing at the defense, Edleman, and Belichick's coaching job this year while ball washing all the Giants. The rest are critical and favor the Giants but Carter is being a dic*.:mad: If all these analysts give us no chance, how is it we're favorites? Long week ahead for us.
I watched that, also. My immediate thought was that it's OK to be critical and it's OK to make an analysis against a team, but Carter, and to an extent Jackson, Ditka and Keyshaun, ridiculed Edelman, in particular, and the Pats' D in general. It was unprofessional and it was clear they were nearly (maybe more than nearly?) orgasming over their perceived lack of our defense's prowess.

I learned a long time ago not to watch the media leading up to the SB. I'll turn the TV on at 6:20 and enjoy the game. If they win, I will listen to all the ball washing afterwards. If they lose, I will not be tuning in to any sports shows.
You are a smart, disciplined person.

If a washed up Moss was on the team he'd be all over our nuts.

I learned a long time ago not to watch the media leading up to the SB. I'll turn the TV on at 6:20 and enjoy the game. If they win, I will listen to all the ball washing afterwards. If they lose, I will not be tuning in to any sports shows.

Same here. If they win, I won't be able to pull myself away from any sports show. If they lose, I'll avoid all sports shows until the start of the following season (much like after the 2007 SB).

why does everyone recite stats for the whole season- the giants were 7-7 for crying out loud- how good could their stats be? it is how they are playing their last five games that should concern people, not an accumilation of season stats. they are playing lights out and only a blind fool or delusional fanatic can't see that- i love the NEP ,but this is going to be a tough,tough game.:confused:

Lights out? Really? Did you watch the SF game? Or the Green Bay dropsies-fest?

No one's saying it won't be a tough game, but the BS about the Giants being a more complete team is ridiculous.

Also, you may not have noticed, but the Pats have won 10 in a row, most of them in blowouts. But that apparently means nothing. Only the Giants' last five games count.

I don't know how a guy who was as good as he was and as smart a football player as he was could be such an idiot when asked to analyze aspects of the game. But yes, that was the guy who took Moss under his wing when he came into the league.
Well to be an analyst, you have to analyze the information in front of you. When you have an agenda, it can lead to perception based facts. Anyone looking at this game should be able to see that both teams can win this game and maybe state the reason for a win or a weakness to overcome.

Though it's ESPN, I think Ron Jaworski tends to be more even keeled than others. I haven't heard anything about him, though I don't tune into ESPN that much either.

Pickign the winner isn't some much bout picking the Giants to win, it's more that they want the Patriots to lose. What t he masses really want is a season where the Pats aren't in the Playoffs with Brady at the helm. They may have to wait until he retires. until then they'll be sick of seeing the Pats like many peopel are sick of seeing the Yankees.

Last edited:

Why cut off at 5 games? What's magical about that particular number?

they probably don't include weeks 10-13 because they lost 4 straight. it doesn't suite their purpose and sometimes (i guess) it only matters that you make it and how you are playing at the end of the season.

I think momentum and timing ARE important, so the last 5 games DO tell something significant. The Giants have been the more impressive team over the past 5 games and that is not immaterial.

However, that ALSO makes the 2 week layoff more of a possible momentum breaker for them than for the Patriots who will now be playing their second two week layoff game in 4 weeks.

Round and round it goes.

Can't wait for 6:20 pm next Sunday when the players play.

they probably don't include weeks 10-13 because they lost 4 straight. it doesn't suite their purpose and sometimes (i guess) it only matters that you make it and how you are playing at the end of the season.

I hear you. Sometimes there are legit reasons for picking a time frame. In this case, I don't really see it. In that same 5 game span:

Patriots offense - 185 points
Giants offense - 141 points

Patriots defense - 98 points
Giants defense - 90 points

And if people are going to talk about SOS, the Giants only played against one strong team that actually played well, and that team took them to overtime.

Jets closed out the season with 3 straight losses
Cowboys dropped 4 of their last 5
Falcons lost 2 of their last 3 and didn't beat a good team after week 7
Packers clearly were off their game, for whatever reason (Bye, O.C. family, etc...)
49ers were the only team that actually played well in the matchup, and we've got the PR issues there

New England, meanwhile, beat a Ravens team that had won 7 of 8, and had also beaten a Broncos team that had won 6 in a row.

Seems to me that looking at stats for stats sake makes the 5 week span a bit meaningless, because Giants fans will point to the SOS for the Patriots and the Patriots fans will point to the struggling opponents for the Giants.

I think momentum and timing ARE important, so the last 5 games DO tell something significant. The Giants have been the more impressive team over the past 5 games and that is not immaterial.

However, that ALSO makes the 2 week layoff more of a possible momentum breaker for them than for the Patriots who will now be playing their second two week layoff game in 4 weeks.

Round and round it goes.

Can't wait for 6:20 pm next Sunday when the players play.

I would contend that the bolded part is not true or, at the least, is open for very legitimate debate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back