PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edgerrin James...would we want him as a Pat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think he and Reggie Wayne are free agents, and there is speculation that this is James last year as a Colt.

1) Can we afford him ?
2) Do we even want him ?, he always seems to get stopped in big games.

Thoughts ? Comments ?

I would prefer Reggie Wayne to be honest.

We can't come close to affording James or Wayne.

The Edge has always been strange to me in the sense that he never seems to care whether the Colts win or lose...he has the same attitude all the time. not sayin i wouldnt take him on the Pats, but does he meet the "football has to be an important part of your life" characterisitc that the patriots preach?

WelcometothaRazor said:
The Edge has always been strange to me in the sense that he never seems to care whether the Colts win or lose...he has the same attitude all the time. not sayin i wouldnt take him on the Pats, but does he meet the "football has to be an important part of your life" characterisitc that the patriots preach?

Yes you would want EJ if you can afford him. Someone on this Board said earlier to draft a young RB. I think James would be a natural to help develop and mentor whoever it is you draft. Kind of like Bettis and Staley mentoring Fast Willie Parker. Plus once the newbie becomes your horse, James (being a somewhat bruising back) could be like a Bettis on 3rd and short or at the goal line etc). That kind of weapon would make Brady even more lethal.

Last edited:
Edgerrin James has that attitude that many player from "THE U" have. A me first attitude. Look at Willis McGahee when the Bills were losing. He goes out and says "Well, at least I got my 1000 yards." Of course, I don't like Miami, but even an unbiased person can say that many people from "THE U" have a me first attitude. Fortunately, so far I haven't seen this attitude from Vince Wilfork. However players such as, Michael Irvin, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Warren Sapp never shy away from cameras or drawing attention to themselves.

FSUPatsFan said:
Edgerrin James has that attitude that many player from "THE U" have. A me first attitude. Look at Willis McGahee when the Bills were losing. He goes out and says "Well, at least I got my 1000 yards." Of course, I don't like Miami, but even an unbiased person can say that many people from "THE U" have a me first attitude. Fortunately, so far I haven't seen this attitude from Vince Wilfork. However players such as, Michael Irvin, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Warren Sapp never shy away from cameras or drawing attention to themselves.

Don't you think people like BB, Brady, Bruschi, Vrabel, etc., could influence his attitude? James is not surrounded by those influences at Indy.

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
Don't you think people like BB, Brady, Bruschi, Vrabel, etc., could influence his attitude? James is not surrounded by those influences at Indy.

Yeah, you're probably right. It worked for Corey. However, it hasn't worked for everyone. Milloy and Bethel for instance.

Screw James. We don't want players like him. We want his skill, but not his attitude.

pats1 said:
We can't come close to affording James or Wayne.
we're paying corey dillon $2.1 million. as i understand it corey took a 50% cut in his contract to come here. and we know he was disaffected.
sound like the edge's situation could develop the same as corey's. about his don't care attitude, i suspect it has to do with ol' peyton.
james is ok to have on a team he had a good family upbringing, is still close to entire family. he seems to be one of those guys who's around rough characters, but never in i the craziness. during all the miami scandals, his name never came up. he is very touchy, doesn't talk to reporters----thinks he was sabotaged in an article. was a troubled, problem guy in the nfl till the colts hired tony dungy. he's a new guy. goes to a lot if HS sports events, works in youth programs.

maybe it's ol' peyton

WelcometothaRazor said:
edgerrin is a good guy. tony dungy brought all that about. he is what keyshawn johnson called "thugged-out". i see that look too, he seems disconnected from the team stuff, but he gives these unbelievable performances every play, every year. edge has friends outside of football, he's not really antisocial.
IMO he doesn't want to be a part of the "peyton the great" thing. i think he plays for tony, F### the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing