PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edgerrin James-Maybe the most overrated RB in history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digger44 said:
it amazes me even more that the poster of this thread has no clue about what he is talking about. Edge was never traded. The league has this thing called free agency. Look it up. As far as calling Edge the most over rated, buddy go back to fantasy football. Get a NFL clue before you post this trash.
Digger44 your an A** Troll and just about all your posts are trash too.. Try thinking using that tiny brain when posting yourself and you might actually have something people might be interested in....If you don't like my posts DON'T READ EM! - Better yet use IGNORE Jac*O**,I know more about football than you ever will and I don't do fantasy football-as far as the 'traded' part it was a mistake,it was supposed to mean signed by -If you ain't got nothing to say good then don't and just go post your own worthless crap post that is supposed to be so intelligent-duh!~I stand by my post saying edge is the most overated and paid RB In the league now and could not care less what you think troll!!!!

PATRIOT64 said:
... edge is the most overated and paid RB In the league now ...
Out of curiosity (and it is curiosity) - how do you think James would do this year for Broncos, Pats, or Steelers ??

arrellbee said:
Out of curiosity (and it is curiosity) - how do you think James would do this year for Broncos, Pats, or Steelers ??
I think he would do well with any of those teams..There are guys that can play great with a so so O-Line and then there are guys who need TOP of the league O-Lines to look great..Edgerrin is one of those guys who needs all pro type players in front of him,Just like it was for most of his years in Indy - Look at Emmitt Smith - He was simply the best at his position in the NFL in the 90s playing behind a super Dallas O-Line but was still semi decent in his Arizona Cardinal days before his retirement,he was not spectacular in Arizona but very good,but then again the reduction in productivity may have been because of his age more than anything...I think players like Emmitt are very Rare where they do well no matter what kind of guys block for them or where they play,they seem to know where to go on every running play-there are only a handful of RBs today that can play or go anywhere and have success..

PATRIOT64 said:
Digger44 your an A** Troll and just about all your posts are trash too.. Try thinking using that tiny brain when posting yourself and you might actually have something people might be interested in....If you don't like my posts DON'T READ EM! - Better yet use IGNORE Jac*O**,I know more about football than you ever will and I don't do fantasy football-as far as the 'traded' part it was a mistake,it was supposed to mean signed by -If you ain't got nothing to say good then don't and just go post your own worthless crap post that is supposed to be so intelligent-duh!~I stand by my post saying edge is the most overated and paid RB In the league now and could not care less what you think troll!!!!

like i said, go back to fantasy football. your ingnorance is amazing.

Digger44 said:
like i said, go back to fantasy football. your ingnorance is amazing.
Here Digger Digger! <PATRIOT64 vocalizing this calling while putting his middle finger up in the air saluting Digger44> -Secondly learn how to spell -whats I'N'GNORANCE? Whats that mean?-its not in the dictionary...proves my point professor Digger - let me spell it for you slowly o.k.? Its I-G-N-O-R-A-N-C-E.. Now that was not so hard to spell was it Digger?

PATRIOT64 said:
Here Digger Digger! <PATRIOT64 vocalizing this calling while putting his middle finger up in the air saluting Digger44> -Secondly learn how to spell -whats I'N'GNORANCE? Whats that mean?-its not in the dictionary...proves my point professor Digger - let me spell it for you slowly o.k.? Its I-G-N-O-R-A-N-C-E.. Now that was not so hard to spell was it Digger?

Wow i hope mommy doesnt have too difficult of a time changing your diaper. I am glad that you agree you are ignorant though. I am supprised you spelled that right with you finger up your.....

Edge wasn't traded you imbecile.

Now shut the hell up and quit posting worthless garbage (yes i see the irony).

mcsully said:
Look at the colts without him. They can't rush the ball at all...

I think it's too early in the season to be making comments on how well the Colts can run the football without Edge. They're averaging an inch over 100 yards per game with Addai/Rhodes and 4 rushing TD's. Could have been two more but Manning has 2 sneaks.

Joseph Addai averages 4.5 yards a carry. Not saying he would be as amazing as your new rook, but if he was given more snaps, the numbers would be very respectable.

i think Edge is overrated to some degree, but he's still a great RB.

Makes me wonder though how a guy like JJ Arington would do starting for the Colts

James was a dynamic, explosive playmaker before his knee injury. It was no accident the Colts exploded on the scene offensively and record-wise with his arrival as a rookie. When Edge blew out his knee, the Colts nosedived into a second tier power. When he returned it took him two years to become a "plus" running back again. By that time, Manning had matured to the point he no longer needed a superstar to support him in the backfield. Edge is a competent, solid player with an array of skills, but no longer a dynamic gamebreaker. His best feature is his durability. Some pats fans feel the need to denigrate Addai in order to pump up Maroney. This is unnecessary. Maroney doesn't need it. Addai is a very competent starting tailback in his own right and more dynamic right now than Edge James. The question with Addai has always been his durability. Addai is a Travis Henry type. A very solid, tough, dependable back in multiple phases, but one who may be prone to taking the big hit. Addai had a penchant for getting walloped in college, and never proved durable, mostly because he tries hard to a fault.

NEM said:
BINGO.... I agree with most, James is a very good back, but as you say, most of the time the quality of a running back can be made, or broken, by the quality of the offensive line in front of him.
Yeah, it doesn't matter if you are Reggie Bush or Antowain Smith. It's the O-line that counts. We wasted a pick on Maroney. It's the O-Line that matters. We should should just run Earl Charles or Patrick Pass or Edgerrin James or any other dubber.

James is running like crap. Oline or no Oline, he is running like crap. How many of you guys making excuses for him would be so kind to Dillon and Maroney if they were averaging one yard per carry? You'd be screaming your heads off, and not about the Oline.

brady2brown said:
Yeah, it doesn't matter if you are Reggie Bush or Antowain Smith. It's the O-line that counts. We wasted a pick on Maroney. It's the O-Line that matters. We should should just run Earl Charles or Patrick Pass or Edgerrin James or any other dubber.

James is running like crap. Oline or no Oline, he is running like crap. How many of you guys making excuses for him would be so kind to Dillon and Maroney if they were averaging one yard per carry? You'd be screaming your heads off, and not about the Oline.
Agree completely. Often the RB makes the O-line, something many fail to mention. tomlinson ran behind the worst O-line in the league for years and did fine. Payton had a crappy O-line and no QB and still banged it out, etc. James is not explosive and that's that. Excuses are like a-holes, as they say...

Keegs said:
Edge wasn't traded you imbecile.

Now shut the hell up and quit posting worthless garbage (yes i see the irony).
If you read my recent post I said that was an error about Edge being traded A**H*** If you don't like my posts IGNORE them,I don't care what you or Digger think,and if you want me to shut up,tough S*IT!..Its you and your buddy Digger who mess up this fine Patriots fans site with insults instead of counter opinions like most on here,read some of these counter productive comments on this particular post like Pony Express and others ,they are not as rude as you 2 are..And oh,Yeah,I'm not leaving here despite your opinions of anything I say..Thats Tough - GET USED TO IT,I AIN'T GOIN ANYWHERE!!!

Hmmmm.... edge is just playing to play, like he doesnt care or isnt giving 100 percent to gain yards.

Maybe hes line sucks look at ronnie brown.

PATRIOT64 said:
If you read my recent post I said that was an error about Edge being traded A**H*** If you don't like my posts IGNORE them,I don't care what you or Digger think,and if you want me to shut up,tough S*IT!..Its you and your buddy Digger who mess up this fine Patriots fans site with insults instead of counter opinions like most on here,read some of these counter productive comments on this particular post like Pony Express and others ,they are not as rude as you 2 are..And oh,Yeah,I'm not leaving here despite your opinions of anything I say..Thats Tough - GET USED TO IT,I AIN'T GOIN ANYWHERE!!!

Holy cow I havent heard this much whining since......Oh hey, your last post maybe.

PATRIOT64 said:
That was the dumbest thing i've read since you posted the messasge saying EDGE was traded.:singing:

I know you were just trying to be that bold poster who tries to post something unique and be "that guy" who suggests a great player isn't as great as they are supposed to be.

EDGE is great, but his line is horrendous and it is going to take time. He had a couple 70 yard games, a 90 yard rushinig game, and this past bad game. I'm pretty sure he only has one touchdown though.

And after just typing that i'm pretty damn sure if not 100% positive he is on your fantasy team. I would bet everything i have on it.

Have a nice day crybaby.

Last edited:
Keegs said:
That was the dumbest thing i've read since you posted the messasge saying EDGE was traded.:singing:

I know you were just trying to be that bold poster who tries to post something unique and be "that guy" who suggests a great player isn't as great as they are supposed to be.

EDGE is great, but his line is horrendous and it is going to take time. He had a couple 70 yard games, a 90 yard rushinig game, and this past bad game. I'm pretty sure he only has one touchdown though.

And after just typing that i'm pretty damn sure if not 100% positive he is on your fantasy team. I would bet everything i have on it.

Have a nice day crybaby.

I dont believe larry johnson had a td until this past week so he stinks too.

Digger44 said:
I dont believe larry johnson had a td until this past week so he stinks too.
Reggie Wayne is terrible too, he has no touchdowns.

So does Anquan Boldin........ He only had one and it was in the first game.

Edge is not overated. Manning is overated.

The Colts rushing attack is off of last years totals so far this year, and it is worse than it seems. The only reason the stats for the Colts are not setting off a redlight, is the fact that they have played the Jets and the Texans, both who rank in the bottom of the league in rushing Defense, thus boosting there numbers, and the fact that TV and writers can't get off Manning's jock.

When the Colts have played better rush defenses (Giants and Jaguars) they average only 59 yards a game. Last year the Colts never had any rushing output this low (in their meaningful games, last 4 games they had already clinched home field) .

This weakness will eventually rear it's head, and I will be loving it. They will miss Edge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back