PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edge NFL matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
anyone watch this show on ESPN ? jaws and hoge break down film of the up coming game and they showed a couple of blitzes on the pats in the week 10 game. to be honest , the way the o line got confused was worrisome. and on defense, their play calling with run and shovel pass option looks equally deceptive.jets have allowed 17 pts total in the first quarter of the last 11 games or something..
watching all these analysis makes me more nervous :) .jaws claims the pats simplified protection schemes after those games.now our resident film experts, what do guys think abt this ? i thought our o line was more confused than man handled. jaws showed how move a back to one side gave the protection scheme away to the jets so one adjustment to make it is to keep the back right in the middle.question is , does maroney always stand to one side of brady or does he stand in I formation behind brady sometime ?

Last edited:
No Stephen Neal, No Ryan Callahan, No Ty Warren, No Daniel Graham, first game without Rodney Harrison after breaking a bone against the Colts and Seymour playing LE not his normal right DE spot. That was what the Jets had to face the last game. That's not the case today.

Last edited:
Brady lets go a very slight smirk when asked about the last Jets game during a press conference. Saying pretty much, that he has watched what the Jets have done over the last 6 games and has a MUCH better idea of what they are doing now.

anyone watch this show on ESPN ? jaws and hoge break down film of the up coming game and they showed a couple of blitzes on the pats in the week 10 game. to be honest , the way the o line got confused was worrisome. and on defense, their play calling with run and shovel pass option looks equally deceptive.jets have allowed 17 pts total in the first quarter of the last 11 games or something..
watching all these analysis makes me more nervous :) .jaws claims the pats simplified protection schemes after those games.now our resident film experts, what do guys think abt this ? i thought our o line was more confused than man handled. jaws showed how move a back to one side gave the protection scheme away to the jets so one adjustment to make it is to keep the back right in the middle.question is , does maroney always stand to one side of brady or does he stand in I formation behind brady sometime ?

The back has to read the D and pick up the blitzing player regardless of what side of the ball he is on. When Brady is in the shot gun the back is always going to be on one side or the other he still needs to read and adjust to the D. I can't recall how man times I have seen a RB line up on the left and have to move to the right or vice-versa to block the blitzer from that side.

Brady lets go a very slight smirk when asked about the last Jets game during a press conference. Saying pretty much, that he has watched what the Jets have done over the last 6 games and has a MUCH better idea of what they are doing now.

And lets remember the last time Brady slipped out a smirk like that. Minnesota.

Ya the O-line was confused. I think the issues have been resolved.

I'd pay attention where the Pats try to run. In the loss they ran behind the RG and RT early in the 1st qu. that's where dillon had that big run. then they went away from it or the jets made adjustments.

I like the the matchup of our 3rd and 4th wr against their 3rd, 4th cb.

we might see a similar game that colts had with alot of underneath routes.

i don't see the jets having the same success with blitzing and confusion.

that gives me a huge boost in confidence

I would watch the show if it were on at a normal time. I guess I need TiVo.

Regarding the OL confusion, we have one of the best coaching staffs around, Bill and Dante and Josh and Tom won't be scratching their heads like we are; The Jest shot their wad last time, they didn't save it for today.

For 2 former NFL players, I have found Jaws and Hodge to be horribly unreliable when breaking down film. Jaws gets so excited talking about something that he see's and Merrill Hodge just plain hates the Pats...check out how often he picks against the Pats. Same for a lot of ESPN analysts. Tom Jackson, Etc. Need we say more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back