PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts of putting Vereen/Woodhead at WR?

I feel more comfortable with them out there than Stallworth.

I've been wanting to see some of that for a while. The combination of Welker and Edelman was quite effective.

Terrible news, speedy recovery. Like to see Woodhead get more involved.

Who said he was soft?
On page 1 of this thread you called him "Julia Glassman." I know you'll claim the "Glassman" refers to him being injury-prone. Now, tell us all what you meant by "Julia."

Last edited:
Remember in Spring Training... "Man we are so loaded at WR!!!"

LOL.

Then it was...
Welker
Lloyd
Edelmen
Gaffney
Stallworth
Branch

Now its....

Welker
Lloy...eh...nvm

That's it LOL. We are back to last year.
You forgot about Ochocinco and Gonzalez.

I don't like how people are saying he's made of glass. He's not made of glass but he's definitely not made of stone like some players are. It'll be interesting to see how to Pats adjust to the loss of Edelman. Every team has had it's fair share of injuries this season. It just sucks when it hits us right as we're starting to dominate.

Last edited:
Pats also MUST dump it off to Ridley more.

They are certainly going to have to get more creative now. Whether or not that happens will remain to be seen, but can potentially damage this season.

When Brady is limited in his options (like Sunday in Miami where Welker and Hernandez were the only 2 options) he tends to take more sacks, hits, pressures, and throws more INTs and starts making poor decisions---just like anyone would do.

Llyod has to step it up, and I think that Miami did a very effective job by taking him out of the game. I just don't really see guys like Fells, Schiancoe (so far a total waste) etc getting many looks or producing much at all, and that was my argument a couple of weeks ago when everyone stated that "it would now be up to Fells and Schiancoe to take over Gronk's production."

I literally laughed out loud. If the backup TEs can simply block on some level in an effective manner that is pretty much a success right now, and they have been doing a good enough job of that, but they aren't going to catch many balls or see many looks.

Getting more creative now with Gronk and Edelman out is an absolute must, especially when the concern creeps in that we will be very ineffective with the run in the next 2 games.

They are going to need to utilize more options in the receiving game, or we will have a much better chance of losing.

I've been wanting to see some of that for a while. The combination of Welker and Edelman was quite effective.

That goes hand in hand with your thoughts on the "move" type offense, which would be the best bet right now in my opinion, particularly with 2 opponents looming where it will be very, very difficult to try and run the ball.

They are going to need to be more creative and provide more options somehow, we'll have to see if it happens.

On page 1 of this thread you called him "Julia Glassman." I know you'll claim the "Glassman" refers to him being injury-prone. Now, tell us all what you meant by "Julia."
Just what I fully expected - crickets.

Last edited:

He posted at 6:01 pm
You responded to that post more than a half-hour later, at 6:34 pm
He's currently offline, according to his profile (his last post was at 6:06 pm, in this same thread)

Last edited:
JE has had trouble staying on the field since he got here. I don't think you can count on him for more than 8 games of a 16 game season. He is pretty fragile. The game he plays really brings him into harms way without the body to handle it. A shame because just the things that make him so exciting also make him kinda' fragile.

He posted at 6:01 pm
You responded to that post more than a half-hour later, at 6:34 pm
He's currently offline, according to his profile (his last post was at 6:06 pm, in this same thread)
He was on-line until nearly 7:00 pm. Nice to know he has someone to carry his water for him.

He was on-line until nearly 7:00 pm. Nice to know he has someone to carry his water for him.

I wasn't carrying anyone's water. I was noting what I saw. However, since you want to get snarky, it's nice to know that you think it's acceptable to go 1/2 an hour or more without a response, but it's not acceptable for others to do the same.

It's always great to find the hypocrites.

well...this blows

pats will need gronk back for playoffs now for a chance at a title....ASPA

Last edited:
man...no gronk or edleman..

we NEED a first round bye now...if gronk isn't there for 1st playoff game...

I wasn't carrying anyone's water. I was noting what I saw. However, since you want to get snarky, it's nice to know that you think it's acceptable to go 1/2 an hour or more without a response, but it's not acceptable for others to do the same.

It's always great to find the hypocrites.[Just look in the mirror, sport.
You've got an enormous set of grapes accusing anyone of getting "snarky."

Remember in Spring Training... "Man we are so loaded at WR!!!"

LOL.

Then it was...
Welker
Lloyd
Edelmen
Gaffney
Stallworth
Branch

Now its....

Welker
Lloy...eh...nvm

That's it LOL. We are back to last year.

I am nitpicking here but why does Stallworth make your first list but not the second one? And Branch will probably be back at some point too so the list isnt really that different now. Minus Gaffney and now minus Edelman and an unsigned but waiting in the wings Branch.

Who said he was soft?

The folks who are upset that his utter lack of durability is an issue. We know he's anything but soft. But a combination of DNA and the kind of effort bordering on reckless abandon that it requires for him to just cling to his roster spot very apparently aspires against his long term prospects. I think they will resign him. He will be affordable. Just can't make the mistake again of trying to project him into somthing he isn't. He's a PR/St gunner/jack of all trades in a pinch effort guy who is decent depth at WR 4-5 or backup to #3. He's just not a guy you bank on as part of your core offense.

Give me a friggin' break. But since you seem so vested in knowing my schedule, here it is: I get off work at 6 pm. Usually I have PatsFans open in my iPhone browser. But, since it's somewhat inconvenient to type the distance I'm walking from McPherson Square to Dupont Circle, I usually don't stop and take the time to respond to posts on my way home. Today, my neighbors were having tasty beverages outdoors (65 degrees in December is the new normal!) so I wasn't able to get home until now to respond to your response.

Hope that clears things up.

But since you asked, I was citing the moniker given earlier in the year to Julian in a thread started by (IIRC) JJDche. But I got it wrong: it's actually Julie, not Julia. Mea culpa. Julie Glassman, Glass-IR Dowling, whatever. It hadn't occurred to me that using the name Julie/Julia would lead people to think I was calling the guy soft, since that's never been a sentiment I had expressed to this point. But if we're really going full-tilt fauxtrage, what's with you insinuating that by using a female sobriquet I was implying the guy was soft? Seems a bit misogynistic if you ask me.

You've got an enormous set of grapes accusing anyone of getting "snarky."

Not really. Your post was snarky. Pretty basic there.....

The folks who are upset that his utter lack of durability is an issue. We know he's anything but soft. But a combination of DNA and the kind of effort bordering on reckless abandon that it requires for him to just cling to his roster spot very apparently aspires against his long term prospects. I think they will resign him. He will be affordable. Just can't make the mistake again of trying to project him into somthing he isn't. He's a PR/St gunner/jack of all trades in a pinch effort guy who is decent depth at WR 4-5 or backup to #3. He's just not a guy you bank on as part of your core offense.

I think it's reasonable to expect that Julian Edelman may have difficulty making it through a full NFL season based on his history. I also think it's reasonable to expect that Aaron Hernandez may have difficulty making it through a full NFL season based on his history. Obviously, I'm not equating Edelman to Hernandez. But just because a player may have injury issues doesn't make him not valuable (and I'm not suggesting that you're saying he's not).

My guess is that Edelman will be re-signed, and that he'll be a great ST/KR and will show flashes of being much more, but will have problems staying consistently healthy. But I still think he'll be valuable. I wouldn't bank on him as a core component of the offense, but I think he could be a valuable role player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back