PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks, he's not very good at it

And who is the guy that we should be shopping for on the streets that would be better?

I highly doubt we would sign a guy at this point to be our punt returner only just to small a role for a roster spot. To me its Stallworth, Bolden (if I was right about him doing this in camp and he was successful enough), or Welker am I missing any other options on the team? I think Branch might have taken some turns in camp too but we would need to resign him before thats an option and even if he isnt the returner I think thats a matter of time anyway.

Last edited:
Elijah Price thinks Edelman is brittle.

So does Shane Vereen have any PR experience?

I still don't get why jeff demps was IRed so soon in TC....they should have put him on the temporary IR list instead of shiancoe who has contributed nothing.

I still don't get why jeff demps was IRed so soon in TC....they should have put him on the temporary IR list instead of shiancoe who has contributed nothing.

1) you are assuming that Demps is healthy right now which we dont know. His injury was significant enough to warrant IR at the time though.

2) You are assuming Demps would be our PR and based on his intangibles compared to our last 3 punt returners (Troy, Wes, and Jules) I dont think that would neccessarily have been the case. KR for sure PR I would be 50/50 on.

Elijah Price thinks Edelman is brittle.

And how many games in the NFL did Elijah Price finish?

Mmmmmmm??

Elijah broke an eye-socket just watching Edelman return a punt for a touchdown. ;)

Maybe I'm misremembering preseason but, wasn't Bolden awful on punt returns? I vaguely remember him fumbling multiple punts.

Nerds!!!!!!!!

Such a bummer. Hope he's back with us next year. Love watching him play. Unfortunately, his style is kind of dangerous.

Vereen or Stallworth on PR would be my #1 & #2 choice, Bolden muffed like 3 punts in pre-season and generally looked scared of catching the ball.

Going to notice Edelman is gone though, just when he was finding some form too :(

Last edited:
He actually does, but they need him in the backfield.

Punt return is important and Vareen should be part of the mix if he is any good at it. I just hope if they put him back there he is reliable at hanging onto the ball. Bolden will be back next week and was taking snaps from Vareen prior to his suspension.

This injury stinks for JE as he had flashed some real talent this season.

Hoping Branch heels up and comes back rested and ready

I still don't get why we even signed Shiancoe in the first place.

Hopefully this makes him cheap to sign this offseason.

Time to activate a WR from the PS?

I hope Welker just does it unless he's really tired. He did it all of 07 and 08 didn't he? And I think while Edelman was hurt in 09.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes