PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman / Taylor / Faulk - Any news???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Edelman I didn't see the entire 2nd half, but then it was hard to see anyone other than Moss with Brady only looking for Randy..

As Deus pointed out, Taylor was in early in the 3rd quarter, but then BJGE got the nod.

Faulk - got clipped late and low, but no call. I doubt they'll fine the Jets guy either..

Last edited:
Edelman I didn't see the entire 2nd half, but then it was hard to see anyone other than Moss with Brady only looking for Randy..

As Deus pointed out, Taylor was in early in the 3rd quarter, but then BJGE got the nod.

Faulk - got clipped late and low, but no call. I doubt they'll fine the Jets guy either..

i thought i saw edelman took some PR in the 3rd ?

Uh - Faulk got tackled.

Patriots runningback Kevin Faulk was injured early in the fourth quarter on an 8-yard carry where he was cut down by the Jets’ Drew Coleman and required medical attention down on the field.

Kevin Faulk Suffers Injury :Ian's New England Patriots Blog

Of course there was no "call" and there won't be a fine. You can tackle a ball carrier low.

Get a grip

Edelman was hobbling around out there in the first half - looked like he simply aggravated his foot.

Taylor - no idea.

Faulk - could be bad. He strikes me as one of the tougher guys on the team and he couldn't get up for a while. Hopefully nothing torn. Btw, that it wasn't a clip, it was a TACKLE.

Not sure about Julian, I thought I saw him out there in the second half.. As for Faulk, this is exactly where Danny Woodhead can really help us..

I am sure Freddy is ok.

It will be interesting to see what fines and if suspensions will be dished out by the commissioner..

Edit:

Edelman played in the 1st 3 quarters. He had 3 catches:

1st quarter: 15 yard return
2nd quarter: pass from Brady for 6 yards
3rd: Pass from Brady, incomplete
3rd: Return punt for 11 yards

All in all great game for someone underutilized and with a foot injury..

I looked at the papers and it says nothing about a re-aggravation. It looks like a simple decision by BB to use Welker and Moss, which failed miserably and proved that in tough situations, they need to spread the balls to our WR's, especially if other guys are being covered.

Last edited:
And here I am thinking that my ignore list had been complete for years.... always room for another troll I guess.

As for the injuries, they are all day to day.

And Neal potentially injured as well? Great.

From Ian's blog:

OTHER NOTES: Welker & Faulk Injured

Sunday’s loss will likely have a long-term effect, after a couple of key injuries may be a problem heading into this week’s game against Buffalo and potentially longer depending on their severity.

Wes Welker: One would have to believe that despite coming back in the game on Sunday, Welker is probably going to be dealing with concussion-like symptoms. The blow to the head he suffered was quite a hit, and as tough as he is, he’s probably going to have a tough couple of days while he recovers from it.

Kevin Faulk: He had his legs taken completely out from underneath him on Sunday, and was seen on the sideline with ice wrapped up on his knee. He’s such a critical part of their third down offense, and if he’s out for any length of time he’s going to be missed.

Stephen Neal: Suffered a hand injury and missed some time during yesterday’s game, and also seemed to hurt himself making a tackle following a fumble by Brady late in Sunday’s game. They’re already thin at guard, so if Neal can’t go that’s going to give them another challenge to deal with.

The Day After, This One Still Stings :Ian's New England Patriots Blog

but then it was hard to see anyone other than Moss with Brady only looking for Randy..

Enough of this Brady only looking for Moss crap here is the Break down in the second half

20 passes in the second half

5 went to tight ends (25%)

6 went to people other then the "binkies" (assuming welker and moss) 30%

6 went to Moss 3 conisdered "short": 15% "long" 15% "short"

3 went to Welker 15%

5 of them were considered "long" 2 of those to the TEs

SO 30% is Brady only seeing Moss. I get people are upset but seriously

:rocker:The woodhead era begins :rocker:

Reiss reported Faulk was undergoing "tests" today. The team is not being specific but Reiss mentioned a knee/calf issue.

The need for "tests" suggests that he could be out for awhile.

Anyone know what kind of hands Woodhead has?

Reiss reported Faulk was undergoing "tests" today. The team is not being specific but Reiss mentioned a knee/calf issue.

The need for "tests" suggests that he could be out for awhile.

Anyone know what kind of hands Woodhead has?

From what I saw on Hard Knocks, pretty good ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back