PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Leaves Field, Apparent Foot Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you possibly be any douchier right now?
AIC tries to troll the political forum on a daily basis but he is mostly ignored. It's almost sad that he continues to waste his time.

Well, Chao is now saying that he thinks Edelman tore some scar tissue in the operated foot. This is what I was saying in the OP. It may have been because he came back before he was truly ready. I speak on that as someone who broke his foot playing football and someone who has seen it with pro athletes. Foot injuries, especially guys who cut as violently and as suddenly as Edelman does, are tricky bastards. So, if that's the case, I wouldn't mind seeing him sit out the rest of the preseason and rest up. I understand he's probably dying to get back out there with his guys, but his overall health is more important to this team than practicing with them in August.

Do you really claim to have any idea whether abstaining from playing football for the next week, month, or year would bear any positive or negative relationship to the likelihood of Edelman reinjuring himself? If so, what is your source? This is open to the board as it seems to be a very commonly held belief.

It seems to me that after the doctor tells you the bone is healed and you have done all the PT there is to do to break up as much scar tissue as you can, you have to lace them up and give it a go. Whether that happens immediately after being cleared or months after being cleared, I'm not sure that there is a difference--you won't know if the foot can hold up until you put it through its paces. Under the advice of many here (and what you say you "wouldn't mind seeing" above), we would just put off the moment of truth until later in the season. Why is that better?

Agreed. Just have him relegated to walk-thrus and Adrianna Lima giving him foot massages 3 times a day.
And vagina. I have yet to try a stronger elixir for what ails me. Can I say that on the board? :D

And vagina. I have yet to try a stronger elixir for what ails me. Can I say that on the board? :D
Molly would come in at a close second. See: Welker at the Kentucky Derby.

AIC tries to troll the political forum on a daily basis but he is mostly ignored. It's almost sad that he continues to waste his time.

Now this is just a flat out lie, lol I am definitely not ignored. Don't be a loser, loser.

Please let it be trivial. I would be willing to offer Dobson and Clay Harbor in sacrifice to the Gods in exchange for his season-long well-being.
deals like that only work if you offer something of value...

Guarantee you that no one is wasting the energy to get angry with you. Most people are shaking their heads and putting your dumb ass on ignore..

Who are you talking to? I probably put their dumb ass on ignore. :)

Agreed. I just put him on ignore.

Molly would come in at a close second. See: Welker at the Kentucky Derby.
Welker approves this message.

welker-derby.jpg

deals like that only work if you offer something of value...

You are right. I considered including Amendola but really like him and didn't want to be lumped with the Danny A haters on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back