Edelman Getting It Done In Multiple Areas For the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Edelman Getting It Done In Multiple Areas For the Patriots
By: Ian Logue

Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman hasn't had much success from an offensive standpoint, so instead he's moved on to becoming exactly what Bill Belichick looks for in a player....

The dude knows how to tackle.

Just stay out of the bars..

The best line of the night, as Edelman did his 1/2 Lambeau Leap, was John Gruden muttering in the background, "Where does Bill Belichick FIND these guys?" Great game by Edelman!

I could never understand why some here wanted him cut about a month ago, but quite a few did.

The best line of the night, as Edelman did his 1/2 Lambeau Leap, was John Gruden muttering in the background, "Where does Bill Belichick FIND these guys?" Great game by Edelman!

Speaking of Gruden, why does he feel compelled to continually babble???.. in the first 1/2 he was continually denigrating the Patriots, and in the second half he became their secret lover..

Speaking of Gruden, why does he feel compelled to continually babble???.. in the first 1/2 he was continually denigrating the Patriots, and in the second half he became their secret lover..

He has to say something now that he makes the big bucks!

The fickleness of sports I suppose.

Just look at the reactions here after both wins and losses.

I went to the Pats- Eagles pre-season game in Philly, Edelman's rookie year when he returned the punt for a TD ( The Wally Pipp quote moment ) and the guy behind me in the stands said the same thing.....

Last edited:
Yeah, he drives me crazy with his incessant babbling, i have to turn the sound down. He needs to learn that he doesn't Have to Talk for All Three + hours.

Last edited:
Yeah, he drives me crazy with his incessant babbling, i have to turn the sound down. He needs to learn that he doesn't Have to Talk for All Three + hours.

I dunno, I find him pretty good to listen to. He knows a lot about the game. He predicted that the Patriots were going to come out after half time and start marching down the field. He also pointed out immediately both times the Patriot D really jacked a Chief's player, which for some reason they didn't show a replay of (first was Kyle Love's, second was Mayo). He loved when the Patriots went smashmouth and wore the Chiefs down with the big TE sets.

Is there anyone who everyone likes in the booth?

Just stay out of the bars..

Lost in the media coverage from last night was this quote from Wes Welker on Edelman's contributions to the team, as quoted in The Onion (wink wink, nudge nudge):

"I think Julian has really taken a hold of the punt return situation. Defensively he's starting to grasp the playbook firmly. Really the guy is a clutch player and he's proven an ability to grab whatever opportunity he's given. He's got a great feel for the game."

;)

Last edited:
Need to see more of Edelman with good returns.....sometimes he just looks slow and not sure if it's the ST play overall not getting him holes, or if it's him...

Nice to see him break one for a change....:rocker:

Lost in the media coverage from last night was this quote from Wes Welker on Edelman's contributions to the team:

"I think Julian has really taken a hold of the punt return situation. Defensively he's starting to grasp the playbook firmly. Really the guy is a clutch player and he's proven an ability to grab whatever opportunity he's given. He's got a great feel for the game."

;)

I'd have chosen different words to describe Julian's actions.
Is Wes having another "feet" moment here? :)

Maybe getting arrested was a wake up call? :D

I'd have chosen different words to describe Julian's actions.
Is Wes having another "feet" moment here? :)

Sorry, should have included more winking smileys. The whole thing is meant to be satire, a play on the foot thing from last year. Guess I won't be getting that job at The Onion after all. Went back and added satire indicators. :cool:

Last edited:
Sorry, should have included more winking smileys. The whole thing is meant to be satire, a play on the foot thing from last year. Guess I won't be getting that job at The Onion after all. Went back and added satire indicators. :cool:

Got me! Good one.

Congratulations to Julian Edelman, named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.

Twitter/realpatriots

Julian Edelman named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week, in part, for this:

gyt7zxyj:iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye