PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman for 3rd receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The only brightspot the entire game. I know Emeldmen and Welker are both somewhat slot receivers, but it would be worth a try? Im just trying to get our minds in a different direction.

Re: Emeldmen for 3rd receiver?

He's probably been practicing in the slot, so he's likely to be as clueless as Galloway on the outside. By the way you got like 7 of 9 letters in his name wrong. Good job!

Last edited:
umm, no, we do not need to slot guy sin at the same time....we need 1 slot guy, and 2 wide's......we have to find the other wide

trade for gaffney if nothing else

umm, no, we do not need to slot guy sin at the same time....we need 1 slot guy, and 2 wide's......we have to find the other wide

trade for gaffney if nothing else

Brandon Tate could be active by the Colts game.

In any case, Edelman, although a bit on the short side, does seem to be a little bit further along the [pure slot]---[pure wide] spectrum than Welker, so it might work.

I knew that number three receiver spot would be a problem but we have a long term need as well, but at this point in the season a trade may be ill advised because Joey Galloway and Brady have timing problems and theyve been working together all offseason so i doubt another guy can come in and learn the playbook and be in sync with Tom. I dont think Edelman would be as effective as an outside receiver.

What about double slot receiver sets :D But seriously, Galloway looks like a highschool receiver out there.

I knew that number three receiver spot would be a problem but we have a long term need as well, but at this point in the season a trade may be ill advised because Joey Galloway and Brady have timing problems and theyve been working together all offseason so i doubt another guy can come in and learn the playbook and be in sync with Tom. I dont think Edelman would be as effective as an outside receiver.

Agreed, unless they got a guy who's played in the system before.

But I'd love to see Nunn get a chance.

The only brightspot the entire game. I know Emeldmen and Welker are both somewhat slot receivers, but it would be worth a try? Im just trying to get our minds in a different direction.

Edelman should've caught that pass at the end of the first half. That drop might've cost us 4 points.

Still, I now would like to see him & Welker on the field at the same time. If Bill refuses to establish a running game, then perhaps he can establish a quick-passing game and abandon these useless 7-step drops, which have done absolutely nothing for us except place Brady's health in danger. Then, instead of throwing deep off play-action, he can throw deep off pass-action.

Agreed, unless they got a guy who's played in the system before.

But I'd love to see Nunn get a chance.

nunn is a great player and deserves a chance, they need to sign him before someone else does

but edelman is probably going to be the 3rd receiver and he should be, he has quite a bit of talent (though i think nunn is better(. hes not necessarily a 'slot guy', stop comparing him to welker just because both of them are white

nunn is a great player and deserves a chance, they need to sign him before someone else does

but edelman is probably going to be the 3rd receiver and he should be, he has quite a bit of talent (though i think nunn is better(. hes not necessarily a 'slot guy', stop comparing him to welker just because both of them are white

Dude, you're the only one injecting race into this discussion.

I think it's hilarious you're referring to Nunn as a "great" player. Were you this infatuated with Bam Childress?

Dude, you're the only one injecting race into this discussion.

I think it's hilarious you're referring to Nunn as a "great" player. Were you this infatuated with Bam Childress?

no

but nunn was also much better in college than childress

For now, I would say no. However, having Welker, Edelman and Faulk on the field at the same time on third down will give defense giant headache pretty soon.

because theyre black right

good post

No, because they were good college players who busted in the NFL.

Might want to tighten that dunce cap a little bit.

I dont think Edleman would be good outside in Galloway's spot, but if he can do well in the slot maybe Welker can get some time out there. He is fast and it would cause the defense fits to have to defend "those type" recievers on the field at the same time. I was not certain Galloway would make the team out of camp, he certainly isnt enamoring himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots